bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You have me confused. By CT4 I presume you mean the rwd base model, which is not a 4 as it only has 2 driving wheels? Or is there a 4 wheel drive version now available other than the CT4S, Ct4 Turbo and CT4 Turbo S? Did I miss something?
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
You have me confused. By CT4 I presume you mean the rwd base model, which is not a 4 as it only has 2 driving wheels? Or is there a 4 wheel drive version now available other than the CT4S, Ct4 Turbo and CT4 Turbo S? Did I miss something?
CT4 = Cross Turismo 4 (four wheel drive).
RWD is available only as a sedan.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I test drove a RWD Sedan and a 4S Sedan back to back (to back), and to me, the added acceleration of the 4S was huge. I didn't hesitate to order the CT4S over the CT4 (both allocations were available to me at the time), and 8500 miles later, I am glad I got the extra performance. It's been such a blast!

desertdweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I bought the 4. For my build, the 4S was over 17k difference for exact same car. My focus on the build was to put money into handling (PTV, PDCC, Rear wheel steering), technology (Burmester, night vision assist), and aesthetics (full leather with contrast stitching, 21 in wheels, and surface coated brakes to reduce brake dust).
I drove base rear wheel drive sedan before ordering and that was enough. So far I am quite pleased with the choices. I personally would not eliminate any of my options for a faster car. It feels faster than my 718 Spyder. If money was no object, I am sure I would like more. But otoh, 4 is so quick as it is I wonder if the extra power would just make the thing too fast.

Porsche Taycan CT4 fast enough? 6A8F1C68-FA05-4971-816A-318C939E7B65

DanielCA92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive45e, Ram 1500, Mach E
Country flag
Lots of them :whew:
Olea leather, 21" CT design wheels, sport package (w compass), PTV, PDCC, RWS, heated wheels (and seats), 4+1 seats (should skip), Bose, passenger's display, cross-country (should skip as well), matrix lights, airbags for rear seats, comfort access, 19kwh mobile charger, heat pump, night vision, lane change, surround view, adaptive cruise control, panoramic roof, insulated privacy glass,...

... forgot ambient lights (actually didn't know that outside under th door lights are part of that)...
Why the sports chrono package? Seems like the CT4 you would always just want to leave it in sport mode since it’s not crazy fast? Or am I wrong, we ordered a CT4 and passed the freeze date but I regret adding sports Chrono… I may be wrong just looking opinions on this mostly.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Why the sports chrono package? Seems like the CT4 you would always just want to leave it in sport mode since it’s not crazy fast? Or am I wrong, we ordered a CT4 and passed the freeze date but I regret adding sports Chrono… I may be wrong just looking opinions on this mostly.
The CT I tested had sport chrono. I didn’t have a sport button on the centre console like the sedan but a gravel mode button. It is always possible to change in PCM.

Like mentioned by B61 below. I also wanted the thicker steering wheel because I have big hands. And I also chose the compass iso the sport chrono.

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
i don’t have sports with chrono, i selected (imo more useful) compass instead.
And, if i remember right, sports package also brings a button (mode selector) on a wheel; and sports wheel (heated) as well.
Otherwise, I’m not using sports mode a lot… in the beginning i was testing all modes… then, i was using Normal (and Gravel)…during past few weeks, i prefer Range mode.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I chose a CT 4.

I think the conclusion should be:

If you chose all the options you wanted and still have 20k to spare you want to spend on your car go for the 4S.

If not you will be happy with the 4 it’s fast enough. And don’t exclude the options you initially wanted on the 4 to be able drive a 4S.

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
My humble real world experienc, drove both 4S and Turbo, own CT4.
I have no numbers (do not really matter, don to really care ether what is 0.5sec?).
Daily driving all of the 3, they will smoke 98% of ICE car at the stop light.
No difference 0 to 50 mph, 4 and 4s. Turbo push harder (too hard for me and the wife, need to keep the wife happy!)
Some have reported lag…I have not noticed any. I used to drive 991 4s, unless in the right rpm … day and night, I loved my 911 but it is simply another world.
4s pick up from CT4 after 50/60mph if continue flooring it…to jail !.

Most of my daily driving is urban (Florida), limited 45 / 70mph …. Barely floor it, used couple time launch control (useless to me) and enjoy a full option car with plenty power for what I do and very fast hassle free charging - 0 regrets.

Now if you have access to unlimited speed roads or live in mountain curvy road (used to live in Switzerland, loved my 911) I would have gone for the Turbo or now the GTS.

Some one said there is difference from 911 Carrera and 911 Carrera S 100% agree, but with EV...this is Porsche making easy margin! using Brand and Badge, I am looking forward to try the GTS may be the sweet spot or not.

my 2 cents

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
The CT I tested had sport chrono. I didn’t have a sport button on the centre console like the sedan but a gravel mode button. It is always possible to change in PCM.

Like mentioned by B61 by. I also wanted the thicker steering wheel because I have big hands. And I also chose the compass iso the sport chrono.
Sports Chrono package also lets you to easily change to ”parking at the local store when everybody watches”-selection: individual setting with lowest chassis AND sport sound (if picked up) ???

OP
OP

IcanTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, BMW 328xi
Country flag
I bought the 4. For my build, the 4S was over 17k difference for exact same car. My focus on the build was to put money into handling (PTV, PDCC, Rear wheel steering), technology (Burmester, night vision assist), and aesthetics (full leather with contrast stitching, 21 in wheels, and surface coated brakes to reduce brake dust).
I drove base rear wheel drive sedan before ordering and that was enough. So far I am quite pleased with the choices. I personally would not eliminate any of my options for a faster car. It feels faster than my 718 Spyder. If money was no object, I am sure I would like more. But otoh, 4 is so quick as it is I wonder if the extra power would just make the thing too fast.

6A8F1C68-FA05-4971-816A-318C939E7B65.jpeg
Great looking car with what looks like beatiful pacific northwest backdrop :)

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I owned a 4S sedan and traded for a CT4. IMHO the speed increase is not worth the price difference and the CT4 is indeed fast enough. There hasn't been a single instance where I miss the speed of the 4s, and for practical daily use and passing speeds, it feels the same.

User name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT
Country flag
Reading the forum threads the majority votes are for CT4 over CT4S. However I am curios if the current CT4 owners regret not going for CT4S or vice versa CT4S owners think the added speed improvements are worth the approx. 18k USD price difference.
CT4 is plenty for me. I am happy I didn't spend the extra money for CT4S

Reactions: B61

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
Another CT4 owner here. I think it depends on whether you come from a sports car or Tesla before this. If so it might feel slowish for the money, if not then as I my case it will feel like the fastest thing you have ever driven especially with the speed you can take into corners :)

One more for mamba green

Porsche Taycan CT4 fast enough? 1F4352F8-623C-4152-8093-6C2989E54683
Sponsored