Taycan Cross Turismo as Snowmobile

desertdweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
We had a bit of snow in the Seattle area. The Taycan performed flawlessly on powder and snow packed roads. It was honestly hard to get the car to break loose. Kudos to the 5000lb curb weight. The car is equipped with all season tires.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Cross Turismo as Snowmobile A29AEDA8-DB13-4D3D-9E94-2B866BE517C2

Porsche Taycan Taycan Cross Turismo as Snowmobile 12659A7D-2A37-4306-9EB9-18AFE3EE10CF

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
All season tires??? :oops:
Wow, I'm impressed.:clap:
I have winter tires, but we haven't had any snow yet...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Had similar experience in snow with my all seasons last year - flawless and a credit to PTM, tyres and car in general.

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
We had a bit of snow in the Seattle area. The Taycan performed flawlessly on powder and snow packed roads. It was honestly hard to get the car to break loose. Kudos to the 5000lb curb weight. The car is equipped with all season tires.

A29AEDA8-DB13-4D3D-9E94-2B866BE517C2.jpeg

12659A7D-2A37-4306-9EB9-18AFE3EE10CF.jpeg
I'm in the area as well, and I have a 4S CT build freezing soon. I have it in the system with summer tires and separate 19" winters. Would you say the all-seasons are good enough in the summer here, or is it worth it to have the separate sets for the best performance all year?

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4 (Y1BBD1)
Country flag
I'm in the area as well, and I have a 4S CT build freezing soon. I have it in the system with summer tires and separate 19" winters. Would you say the all-seasons are good enough in the summer here, or is it worth it to have the separate sets for the best performance all year?
I am in the area too, and have a 4 CT waiting in Benicia at the moment. I had the same thought as you, but sadly only after my build froze. My thinking was slightly different though. I wanted the 21" wheels, which is what I specified. However, Porsche does not have snow chains for 21" wheels, so thought I might get 20" next winter so Stevens and Snoqualmie are more accessible. I had a Macan with all seasons until last year, and it was just fine for the conditions I experienced the last few winters.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I am in the area too, and have a 4 CT waiting in Benicia at the moment. I had the same thought as you, but sadly only after my build froze. My thinking was slightly different though. I wanted the 21" wheels, which is what I specified. However, Porsche does not have snow chains for 21" wheels, so thought I might get 20" next winter so Stevens and Snoqualmie are more accessible. I had a Macan with all seasons until last year, and it was just fine for the conditions I experienced the last few winters.
There are snow chains for 21” Panamera and 992 wheels that use the same tire as the 21” Taycan wheels. Will those fit the Taycan?

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are snow chains for 21” Panamera and 992 wheels that use the same tire as the 21” Taycan wheels. Will those fit the Taycan?
I do not know, but they are not listed in the Taycan configurator so my assumption was no. I will check if my SA knows when I collect my car later this month.
Thanks for the suggestion, though.

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From what I can see the Taycan rear wheels are 305/30 R21, but the Panamera's are 315/30 R21. Am I misunderstanding you?

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Only issue I’m thinking of now is that a Taycan with RAS doesn’t have an option to disable it like the Panamera does. I also don’t recall reading anything about snow chains in the Taycan manual…

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Only issue I’m thinking of now is that a Taycan with RAS doesn’t have an option to disable it like the Panamera does. I also don’t recall reading anything about snow chains in the Taycan manual…
I have ordered Porsche Tequipment snow chains for 20 inch wheels. I thinks they are from RUD / Weissenfels. They can be used for 19 and 20 inch wheels not for 21. Maybe RUD has chains for 21 inch ? I don’t know either if the width th of the tire maters because of the way they are mounted.

Like you mentioned in my bmw f11 and g05 is was passible to turn of RAS when using snow chains.

The Tequipment chains for Taycan are low profile and are not on the back of the tire. Maybe that’s why RAS doesn’t need to be turned off. Just guessing.

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am not sure you can use those. The ones available from Porsche Tequipment are low profile. I don’t know if normal chains can be used of the Taycan. Same for example for Volvo XC 90 if I am correct.
Thanks. I will check with my SA before I purchase them.
Sponsored