First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th…

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Rather uneventful update experience. Apparently there has been no update/OTA at the level of the car itself, so it seems to be a backend-only affair (at least on my car which has been at the dealer's for an update only about a week ago). All the connected functions seemed to work onboard but were initially not visible via the My Porsche app: only the remote lock/unlock was visible but no SoC, no charging or climate functions, etc. Powering the car down, locking it, waiting a couple of minutes at a distance, unlocking it, powering it up, and going through an additional guest user <> own account cycle restored all remote access via the app.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
It seems I was excited about nothing … sorry I misled many by my unrealistic expectations. Hopefully, sooner than later we start receiving real OTA updates for more than maps and infotainment. I still don’t know whether my car has gone properly through the ”update” as I have not lost connectivity at any time, even when repeating the dumb change ID/lock/unlock/wait procedure or driving the car for an hour. Received a map update and that is it. They could have implemented a notification of some sort when the change they programmed was successful.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For what it’s worth - I received the email
Yesterday with instructions on how to deal
With the OTA update. My car was a very early 2020 launch car (delivered 4/20)

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
Excited this morning but nothing spectacular happened.
Only 1 infotainment update.
My car was at the shop a few weeks ago (20K km service), maybe ONA5 was already loaded?
They did the WNA5 I know.

Anyway, re-established connection of MyPorsche although position of the car in the app is still unknown.
Same for nav: can't send destinations to the car (instead it says: store favourite???).
I can change timers so there's defenately a connection.
Let's see what this week will bring.
I do hope they fixed the range140 bug.
So where is the OTA-update ? 🤔😅

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
It seems I was excited about nothing … sorry I misled many by my unrealistic expectations. Hopefully, sooner than later we start receiving real OTA updates for more than maps and infotainment. I still don’t know whether my car has gone properly through the ”update” as I have not lost connectivity at any time, even when repeating the dumb change ID/lock/unlock/wait procedure or driving the car for an hour. Received a map update and that is it. They could have implemented a notification of some sort when the change they programmed was successful.
No need to be sorry. Alert forum members are always appreciated. Even if this may not have been a true non-infotainment OTA, this may be a significant event if Porsche indeed was able to switch the back-end architecture to a more robust platform as suggested in an earlier post.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I lost charging in My Porsche today, so it sounds like the server swap has happened!

Nothing in the car yet; I switched profiles a few times but no change.

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
I think I got it, I wish they would tell you once you turn on the car "your car has beenn updated". I just believe I got it because I logged in the app and it would not show me anything but the keyfob symbol, went to the car, saw nothing different, everything connected just right.

Drove 7 miles to work and now app shows me all the info, SoC, etc. But I still would need to see PCM to see what the update is about, which based on what I read is probably nothing major or exciting, like Spotify in 2021 models, etc.

Oh well...

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
So it is April 27th, 08:00 and I have been out to my car and either the update has not happened yet or I had to do nothing as all my connected services are working. The built-in Apple Music, navigation, weather and the Connect app as well. Anybody else ?
Same as you, all my connected services are working and I didn't need to reconnect to anything.

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I guess my 2021 4S got the update, but like others I never was asked to log in or received an update confirmation. My app lost some of the functionality like pre cool then after turning app off and back on all the functionality returned. I did switch to guest account then back to my user account but was not asked to log in. I do have automatic log in selected so that my be why. I guess I was just hoping for a smiley face or some positive feedback to confirm all went as designed!

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Porsche Taycan First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th… CC67ADBB-9327-4424-904F-E65F49741D32
MY2020 TTS and never got an e-mail at all. Sure enough I see no connectivity this morning and lost functions in both apps like SOC reading and charging screens. Went to the car and it said there was an update that described as bug fixes along with a name of the update that I cannot recall. The update quickly installed. Thereafter partial connectivity immediately returned and, after switching to Guest account and then back to my main account, full connectivity is now restored. Pretty seamless. Just wish I got the email (so I know I would be notified for something like this that may happen again down the road) but at least I know the forum members will have my back!!

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It seems the update went well.
Or...there was no update at all... 🤫
I'm just wondering what all the fuss was all about?
Was there an OTA-update?
Obviously some members had their OTA-update so now I demand one too!
Ehr... 😏

PS Location of the car restored. All seems ok now.

PPS I did see that max speed in Range mode is now 140kph, it used to be 150kph (in the °°° menu).
Anyone else?

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Nothing happened on my '21 RWD. No notification, account still logged in.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I guess I was under the impression when I got in the car today, I would have to relog into my account on the PCM (sort of like when the iPhone does an update). Did not need to do that, both Connect and My Porsche app work.

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Guys, this was simply a Porsche internal server transfer and had nothing to do with any software upgrade. Those are the servers related to your Porsche Connect Services. The cars affected had received a letter. That is all this is.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
No update for me yet and charging still broken in the My Porsche app. I've changed to/from guest several times.

I'm guessing it won't "take" until I get whatever OTA code changes are needed.

The day isn't over yet, and they are likely rolling it out slowly - I know I would.
Sponsored