First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th…

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Upgrade to the Connect services…

see video at

I received an email letter this morning detailing procedure because we must input our credential and PIN as well. Apparently many tries may be needed for all the online services to activate :headbang: They really are amateurs when it comes to OTA. Expecting the worst… hope it does not brick too many cars !
Sponsored

SHM

First Name
oOo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
On your point of terrible OTA, it is sad. But also I think they need to hire someone creative to make these infomercials. Maybe the A-Team guy? Make a funny video where he is all like. I PITY THE FOOL WHO DONT WAIT 2 MINUTES FOR IT TO CONNECT TO OUR SERVERS!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I assume from the video the charging whilst logged in as yourself step is simply to ensure the car has sufficient power or is this step essential for some reason prior to switching to the Guest user and performing the power off/on steps? Not exactly the best presentation/description!

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Wait until you read the email … I believe all the steps we must take are due to incompetent design and implementation…

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
wow. This is such a nutty video. no explanation at all, unless it provides the descriptions within the email. Anyone from the US received this yet?

As someone mentioned, I don't think this is doing anything beyond establishing a new connection between the car and Porsche Services. I wonder if the engineering reset does the same thing but they decided against publicly displaying that pandora's box.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
"Just switch between guest and your account."

Of course, if the PCM is in one of its moods and refused to connect to the external network – the attempt to switch back to your user account will fail.

😭

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Wait until you read the email … I believe all the steps we must take are due to incompetent design and implementation…
Do you mind sharing the email – even if it is in Spanish ?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
oh my - I'm sure I'll have opinions given how well Porsche software has done in the past - I sure they will get this right - they have their best mechanical engineers on the job!!!

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
oh my - I'm sure I'll have opinions given how well Porsche software has done in the past - I sure they will get this right - they have their best mechanical engineers on the job!!!
For sure...I'd rather that than them having their best programmer building the cars right?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I really don't understand this rant.
So improvement isn't something you asked for?
Complaining and complaining, page after page.
And now that Porsche has actually listened to us the rant keeps going on and on and on...
Ok.
Some people are just prisoners in their house of frustration. 😂
I'm glad my car performs great and connect services work now 10/10.
I'm sure this update will improve things even more, like Porsche has done in the past.
Sorry you missed it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
wow. This is such a nutty video. no explanation at all, unless it provides the descriptions within the email. Anyone from the US received this yet?

As someone mentioned, I don't think this is doing anything beyond establishing a new connection between the car and Porsche Services. I wonder if the engineering reset does the same thing but they decided against publicly displaying that pandora's box.
I have not received an email - though the video seems to be aimed at US users as she uses feet instead of meters for the distance- but who knows... and all of those disclaimers does not seem very assuring of a good experience with the upgrade.. and why do we need to be at a charger- is that mandatory? Another thing that pisses me off is the requirement for an LTE connection - I still do not understand why they don't use Wi-Fi - its faster and if you live in an area that is not well supported by their cellular provider of choice you probably can get a wi-fi connection at your home - end of rant :)
Sponsored