First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th…

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
No connection to data ? Porsche Connect ? MyPorsche ? Or no update ?
Sponsored

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Here in Asia, we received the email/update earlier in April,

Check if your car still has data connection (internet radio/apple music), If yes, then keep trying the log-off, log-in method. Worked for most of the owners here, didn't work for me. I called the dealership and they said they would give Porsche HQ a call and told me to wait.

A few days later, everything was back in normal, but I have no clue if they actually did anything. So i'd say give them a call, and wait a few days.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How do we know the update is done ? When it stops working ? :headbang: WTF ?

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Initially, I was having issues this morning in the app. It was displaying some errors about not having connect services. I went to the car. Switched users. And then left the car and locked it.

Now everything works again. End of system migration I assume

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car seems to have updated. Have lost all services, tried the log off/log on but this didn't work.

MyPorsche app also lost all services and no longer displays SOC, but has gained a new lock/unlock icon (which doesn't work).

No time to play around any further this morning, hope others have better luck.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Could it be that those of us hanging on to the legacy Connect app and not using the MyPorsche are unaffected?

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am running both apps. Both are missing SOC data and generally seemingly not syncing to the car.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
MyPorsche app also lost all services and no longer displays SOC, but has gained a new lock/unlock icon (which doesn't work).
this is the status of my MyPorsche App as well. But since a few days.

green but dead:
Porsche Taycan First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th… 1651044225064

at least we now know a name of the backend migration this night:

"ODP Migration"
(obviously meant: one digital platform of vw group, and MBB modularer backend baukasten as a part of it)

nice hint:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/delay-in-pcm-entertainment-system.10595/#post-153035

Last edited:

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My Porsche screenshot - no SOC or pre-heat, but new (not working) lock/unlock button (I am MY20 so never had this functionality before)

Porsche Taycan First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th… IMG_0226

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Could it be that those of us hanging on to the legacy Connect app and not using the MyPorsche are unaffected?
I use both but default to My Porsche.

Didn't get any letter or email.

My Porsche App working perfectly. Car charging and SOC reporting.

Apart from several services disappearing yesterday and then reappearing seems to have been a seamless migration (or I've not been transitioned yet).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My Porsche screenshot - no SOC or pre-heat, but new (not working) lock/unlock button (I am MY20 so never had this functionality before)

IMG_0226.jpg
Lock / unlock has been available since last year on My Porsche App, MY21 along with preheat / precool icon.

Porsche Taycan First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th… Screenshot_20220427-085020_My Porsche

Don't get too excited with the lock / unlock feature - painfully slow in operation and consigned to the "once in a blue moon" category.

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Locked car, returned after an hour and this time the log off/log on procedure worked all services returned and app(s) now syncing.

The lock/unlock button on MyPorsche has now disappeared. I will contain my disappointment, thank you all for your kind words at this difficult time.

clivep

First Name
Clive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2021
Country flag
I followed the instructions in the email - as far as they made sense - and had no connectivity this morning, though that has been fairly common recently as the car is garaged and it has often struggled with signal (connectivity improved early 21 when I believe Porsche upgraded the server but presumably users have multiplied since).
Took the car out of the garage and after one restart with switch to Guest and back, it seemed to connect ok (I do not normally use a code for access and it did not require one this time), confirmed by the Connect App (which is my main use because it has so much more functionality for the Taycan - see my thread elsewhere). The My Porsche app did not connect initially but did later. It looks no different to before. There is no apparent change to services (unfortunately in respect of infotainment), it just appears to have been a server migration at the German end. System details are unchanged.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Excited this morning but nothing spectacular happened.
Only 1 infotainment update.
My car was at the shop a few weeks ago (20K km service), maybe ONA5 was already loaded?
They did the WNA5 I know.

Anyway, re-established connection of MyPorsche although position of the car in the app is still unknown.
Same for nav: can't send destinations to the car (instead it says: store favourite???).
I can change timers so there's defenately a connection.
Let's see what this week will bring.
I do hope they fixed the range140 bug.
Sponsored