April 27 Porsche Connect System Update (over the air)

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I started the car a couple of minutes ago and, per the email, expected to be logging in and logging out, etc....but NOTHING...has anyone actually gone through the email process: "When prompted, log into your vehicle....." ???
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I haven’t received any email at all…and I haven’t used the car today.

Pwh819

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag
I started the car a couple of minutes ago and, per the email, expected to be logging in and logging out, etc....but NOTHING...has anyone actually gone through the email process: "When prompted, log into your vehicle....." ???
Same here….started up this morning expecting to run through the re-start as notified and zippo…..does anyone know exactly what the update was for? Hopefully for the plug & charge feature which has never worked for me (2021-4s). I also spoke to Porsche N-A last week who told me that Electrify America was also going to do a system wide software update this week to help with the same issue.

Mr. 2021 Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche failed to tell us how to CONFIRM if the Taycan successfully connected after their server update/change.

When I started the Taycan this morning I was not prompted to sign in. I noticed the remote HVAC feature was NOT appearing on the MyPorsche iPhone App.

I logged off the Taycan in the PCM which restarted as "Guest." Locked the car. Waited several minutes. Then selected my PCM user profile. I was never prompted to log in, so the settings were retained. At that point the HVAC fearture appeared again in the MyPorsche app. So, did the update work? I have no clue.

Everything appears to be normal and functioning. I received a map update remotely so a server connection is still working. The software version information in the PCM did not change.

No idea how Porsche can have such lame software engineering. I still have no way to CONFIRM my car is now connected properly. Come on! This company is supposed to be run by smart people.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Same here. Everything came on as usual. Does that mean is was successful or didn’t take I wonder.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Porsche failed to tell us how to CONFIRM if the Taycan successfully connected after their server update/change.

When I started the Taycan this morning I was not prompted to sign in. I noticed the remote HVAC feature was NOT appearing on the MyPorsche iPhone App.

I logged off the Taycan in the PCM which restarted as "Guest." Locked the car. Waited several minutes. Then selected my PCM user profile. I was never prompted to log in, so the settings were retained. At that point the HVAC fearture appeared again in the MyPorsche app. So, did the update work? I have no clue.

Everything appears to be normal and functioning. I received a map update remotely so a server connection is still working. The software version information in the PCM did not change.

No idea how Porsche can have such lame software engineering. I still have no way to CONFIRM my car is now connected properly. Come on! This company is supposed to be run by smart people.
So your car is still working AND you have proper connection?
What exactly is the problem then?
I, myself, am wondering if there was an update at all, lol!

mxb172

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I swear yesterday I had the option to lock/unlock the car from the app, but now it’s gone.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
if the backend migration was the reason for the temp App sync glitches and we now face a new future of reliable connect services, I would say: well done but way too much fuss with the email, videos and misunderstanding what really will happen.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
In my case, after pulling out of the garage & driving under open sky for a few minutes, on two separate occasions the PCM displayed “Loading Guest”, but then logged me back in without any interaction on my part.

So yeah, not sure if whatever they did “took” or not. So far I haven’t noticed any changes in behavior, good or bad.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have not logged out on the PCM in the car. When I got in the car on the 27th nothing changed. Car update icon said up-to-date. Everything is normal and working fine. I did log out of the Connect and the My Porsche App yesterday and today. Yesterday all seemed normal and the same. Did it again today and I noticed the My Porsche app did not display everything (ie the lock and temp), but after a little while it re-populated. I did receive the email (in the US), but have not bothered to mess with going to guest and back in the car as it is working fine (if it ain't broke, don't fix comes to mind ;) ).

dcpetri

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2015 Cayenne, 2014 Panamera
Country flag
I swear yesterday I had the option to lock/unlock the car from the app, but now it’s gone.
Yes...you are not crazy (or maybe we both are). I had the exact same experience...first time I opened the new app, the lick/unlock feature was there, but then it disappeared. I have read on this forum and elsewhere that this feature is not available on MY2020. My guess is that the feature is built into the app, but if it isn't available for your car, the app quickly drops the feature. Uncharacteristically clever software.
Sponsored