Help! Is this a good deal? 2020 Taycan 4s

electronsi00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
Hi all! I would appreciate feedback on the pricing of this 2020 Taycan 4S. I know this year had some issues (if you know what I should be worried about please let me know)

Picture below, certified pre owned (CPO), $99,500. Below are the options included as well. Appreciate your feedback.

Porsche Taycan Help! Is this a good deal? 2020 Taycan 4s EEAC1756-2646-4E0B-9FB4-078FF1230FA3
Sponsored

Last edited:

jhawks9028

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
If you're buying from a Porsche dealer, you have a clear CarFax, and you like the car, buy it. It looks beautiful and if you had fun on the test drive, you found a good car. The big battery and Premium package are money!

jnat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ‘21
Country flag
Carmine is an awesome color, and the options list looks great!

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
This one has it all. 2020 is a risk for sure since there were so many problems that are not that easy to verify (even after the latest update) that they have been fixed unless you have the car for some time (random alarm, key not recognized while actually driving, XM disappearing from PCM...to name a few I experienced just on a short test drive). CPO will not be much comfort if something cannot be fixed or long wait for parts and servicing.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
It’s heavy spec of visual and convenience items…..with good chunk of the depreciation hit taken. Not bad…the question is whether you would actually build a car like this if ordering new?

OP
OP

electronsi00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
It’s heavy spec of visual and convenience items…..with good chunk of the depreciation hit taken. Not bad…the question is whether you would actually build a car like this if ordering new?
the answer is no I woudnt lol. But only because it would blow my budget. I think that’s the benefit of someone else taking the depreciation hit. now those options are attainable to me.

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Car looks great. Of course, doing searches online for other similar cars is the best way to get a feel for pricing, (which you've probably already done). I realize there will be limited comps, however most likely all the cars are fairly similiary optioned. My own research showed that there is a difference in prices east coast vs. west coast. I also seemed to gather that cars with more than 15k miles, while not high in terms of typical cars, take a bit of a hit. While I don't know if many were leased vs. purchased, but I do think early cars are coming off lease now.. so availabilty may be increasing a bit? I had a 2020 4S for a year which was an early lease return (covid hit and the owner took off to Mexico and never drove it). I know, sadly, this hasn't been everyone's experience, however I had zero problems with the car. Consider the $6K (or whatever) Porsche extended warranty as good insurance. Let us know what you decide!

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
the answer is no I woudnt lol. But only because it would blow my budget. I think that’s the benefit of someone else taking the depreciation hit. now those options are attainable to me.
If it’s a $100K for something I wouldn’t choose myself, but $120-130K for what I really want, I would just go with the latter. Don’t let the perception of a good deal take you away from getting the thing you would really want to have. This forum is littered with “member regrets” in this regard.

OP
OP

electronsi00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
If it’s a $100K for something I wouldn’t choose myself, but $120-130K for what I really want, I would just go with the latter. Don’t let the perception of a good deal take you away from getting the thing you would really want to have. This forum is littered with “member regrets” in this regard.
I appreciate that perspective. What I mean is it has everything I want, plus it has things I would love to have but wouldn’t spec myself because of overall costs (if brand new)
Sponsored