A Taycan or an BMW I5 M60- what would you do?

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Carmine Red 4S lease ends in December. I got her in Dec 2020, and she has 33k miles on the clock. Had the battery replaced in Oct 21, having had repeated episodes if battery failure that was not accepted as true by the local dealership until it died a death amd needed towed. Other than that I have had almost no bother with it. Have taken it on 3k journeys in the summer and been fine as have always found chargers.
I now need a new lease deal and still love my Taycan dearly. I went to look at the BMW range today. The iX is great to sit in but too big and not pretty on the outside. The tyres look like teactor wheels.
The i4 feels too cramped inside, but is fast. The i5M60 inside is somewhere in between the i4 and iX and looks more agressive externally. The range is better (300+miles) than my 220m 4S.
Has anyone tried an i5 M60?
Should I get another Taycan?
Sponsored

Bakerman911

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991 Targa, Porsche Taycan St, Mini JCW cab
Country flag
I dont like the exterior from de i5 M60, I did a test drive with the i4 M50 and is indeed very fast but to mutch PlayStation for me!

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I dont like the exterior from de i5 M60, I did a test drive with the i4 M50 and is indeed very fast but to mutch PlayStation for me!
Not sure that I try like the outside if them either. Don’t want an ipace or tesla. Trying to be balanced and look at some other cars.

fika

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I really liked how the i4 M50 drove, I would put it on par with the E-Tron GT. The interior was also very nice, except for a select few areas in the dash/console.

Looks wise, the i4 looks much better IMO, the i5 looks a little dull. Neither are as good looking as an E-Tron GT and that isn't as good looking as a Taycan IMO.

The only other options I would consider would be the Lotus and Polestar (5 I think it is?).

The MBZ is really really nice, but it doesn't have the dual personality like a Taycan with air suspension. It's only soft, which for some people is great. I wanted the best of both worlds.

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I really liked how the i4 M50 drove, I would put it on par with the E-Tron GT. The interior was also very nice, except for a select few areas in the dash/console.

Looks wise, the i4 looks much better IMO, the i5 looks a little dull. Neither are as good looking as an E-Tron GT and that isn't as good looking as a Taycan IMO.

The only other options I would consider would be the Lotus and Polestar (5 I think it is?).

The MBZ is really really nice, but it doesn't have the dual personality like a Taycan with air suspension. It's only soft, which for some people is great. I wanted the best of both worlds.
I think I already know the answer, which is another Taycan.

We had some teething issues with the Taycan when we got it, that first year seemed troubled with minor things until the battery died.
The Lotus Emira or electre and the Polestar 5 as they are so new, make me somewhat wary of having a new concept again, even though I loved that there were only a few of us in the East of England with the Taycan.
i would hope that the extra years the Taycan is on the road now, means that Porsche may have resolved those niggles.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Good to see you Caroline.

I was wondering how you had got on after your woes a while back.

Glad to see the Taycan came good. I assumed you may have got rid after your battery issues.

👍

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The range is better (300+miles) than my 220m 4S.
I don't think you gonna see 300 miles of range from the i5 with 20-21 inch wheels, its an ICE car with battery.

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good to see you Caroline.

I was wondering how you had got on after your woes a while back.

Glad to see the Taycan came good. I assumed you may have got rid after your battery issues.

👍
Hi Ian, Yes it has been better since the battery was replaced. Stayed of the forum as was unwell for a bit, better now. Still love my red 4S. Would it be wrong to get another almost exactly the same colour?

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
My Carmine Red 4S lease ends in December. I got her in Dec 2020, and she has 33k miles on the clock. Had the battery replaced in Oct 21, having had repeated episodes if battery failure that was not accepted as true by the local dealership until it died a death amd needed towed. Other than that I have had almost no bother with it. Have taken it on 3k journeys in the summer and been fine as have always found chargers.
I now need a new lease deal and still love my Taycan dearly. I went to look at the BMW range today. The iX is great to sit in but too big and not pretty on the outside. The tyres look like teactor wheels.
The i4 feels too cramped inside, but is fast. The i5M60 inside is somewhere in between the i4 and iX and looks more agressive externally. The range is better (300+miles) than my 220m 4S.
I don't know about you. If i leased the Taycan, then i would have probably ordered a 911 as replacement already. on BMW, i think that they are the most mature EV producer, so if you like it, nothing is going to be wrong with it. But given the new Concept that i can't spell, I would wait for the next generation of cars, I mean that i love the new Concept too much to even think about wasting money on current range of cars. If i am you and can't decide on the next one, i would probably go with a bridge over used car.

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't know about you. If i leased the Taycan, then i would have probably ordered a 911 as replacement already. on BMW, i think that they are the most mature EV producer, so if you like it, nothing is going to be wrong with it. But given the new Concept that i can't spell, I would wait for the next generation of cars, I mean that i love the new Concept too much to even think about wasting money on current range of cars. If i am you and can't decide on the next one, i would probably go with a bridge over used car.
If I am completely honest, I love the instant power of the Taycan and the lack of noise. When it has gone in for services / recalls they have given me other non electric models which I haven’t enjoyed (not a 911 though). The Taycan is my first Porsche.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
If I am completely honest, I love the instant power of the Taycan and the lack of noise. When it has gone in for services / recalls they have given me other non electric models which I haven’t enjoyed (not a 911 though). The Taycan is my first Porsche.
Me too. I picked up the MINI SE right before i found out that i can afford a Taycan. That one is super fun car. The power is fully usable. I barely scratch the surface of the Taycan and after i curb one of my rim and another guy hit my other rim, i am being even more careful now. If things go ok for me financial wise, i think that a 911 is the most "sensible" choice for next car. Lucky that i still have my 2016 Prius, I am going to drive that to the ground. I am going to see how the CT feels in snow storm. My MINI SE is extremely bad on snow compare with my Prius.
Sponsored