Dashcam

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
A quick question - has anyone bothered to install dashcams on their Taycan and if so what options to people go for?
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Was just about to post the same question.

I am looking into a front/back Blackvue camera with the battery connected to the 12v in the trunk.

I am a complete noob, so the easier the wiring the better, but I am not sure of:

1. Can you wire from the battery to the back camera and then to the front camera, or do you have to wire from the battery to the front camera and then the front camera feeds back to the back camera?

2. How easy it is to do a decent job of hiding the wires. I just checked the car and it really seems exceptionally snug and not a lot of obvious ways that the wires would run.

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Was just about to post the same question.

I am looking into a front/back Blackvue camera with the battery connected to the 12v in the trunk.

I am a complete noob, so the easier the wiring the better, but I am not sure of:

1. Can you wire from the battery to the back camera and then to the front camera, or do you have to wire from the battery to the front camera and then the front camera feeds back to the back camera?

2. How easy it is to do a decent job of hiding the wires. I just checked the car and it really seems exceptionally snug and not a lot of obvious ways that the wires would run.
I haven't installed a dashcam in my Taycan, yet. I did wire a dashcam in my other car (SUV).

For @Reg question 1, the battery connects to the front camera and the front camera has a separate port to connect a single wire for both power and data to the back camera.

For question 2, I hid the wires in the front window headliner to the passenger side door frame. For the wire to the rear dashcam, I ran the wire along the side headliner all the way to the back lift gate of the SUV. For your case, would need to figure out a path to run the wire down from the headliner into the trunk or run the wire along the floorboard and then into the trunk.

HTH

Reactions: Reg

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
A quick question - has anyone bothered to install dashcams on their Taycan and if so what options to people go for?
My Porsche dealer installed a dashcam without even telling me.

Porsche Taycan Dashcam 1598870439898

Package

Porsche Taycan Dashcam 1598870753085

Installed fits perfectly in front of the rear view mirror.

Porsche Taycan Dashcam 1598870617366

View from the dash cam.

It came with a 64GB memory card and has WiFi hotspot built in. It's automatically recording in HD quality.

It also comes with an APP! Connected to the built-in WiFi hotspot, I can browse and watch the videos and change a few settings. Simple and fully automatic! Really good!

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Porsche dealer installed a dashcam without even telling me.

1598870439898.png

Package

1598870753085.png

Installed fits perfectly in front of the rear view mirror.

1598870617366.png

View from the dash cam.

It came with a 64GB memory card and has WiFi hotspot built in. It's automatically recording in HD quality.

It also comes with an APP! Connected to the built-in WiFi hotspot, I can browse and watch the videos and change a few settings. Simple and fully automatic! Really good!
Wow - I don't know if that's a joke but Porsche UK would not even install car mats for free and without telling you how much it will cost... You are lucky!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Wow - I don't know if that's a joke but Porsche UK would not even install car mats for free and without telling you how much it will cost... You are lucky!
Well, that might be relative. Labor cost to install this is not high. Electronics like this come from a factory near by and cost less then this:

Porsche Taycan Dashcam 1598871945019

Porsche in China is pushed as a luxury brand and prices are sky high. My well specked 4S was over USD 200k and it did come in below the luxury car import tax, which adds another 8%.

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, that might be relative. Labor cost to install this is not high. Electronics like this come from a factory near by and cost less then this:

1598871945019.png

Porsche in China is pushed as a luxury brand and prices are sky high. My well specked 4S was over USD 200k and it did come in below the luxury car import tax, which adds another 8%.
Yes, fair enough...

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

1598871945019.png

Would be good to know if this can be purchased and fitted in the UK. Do you know who the manufacturer is?

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Will install GOLuk cans from current car as they are the best on the market and you can view from the app

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Will install GOLuk cans from current car as they are the best on the market and you can view from the app
Will be good to know how that all goes in terms of setup etc. Good luck with that.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Would be good to know if this can be purchased and fitted in the UK. Do you know who the manufacturer is?
I checked on Taobao last night, there is a huge market and most cost around 80 USD. But I could not find the one installed in my Taycan.

Porsche Taycan Dashcam 20200901_094830