Looks great.
Sponsored

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
I certainly like your spec but about 20k over my spend :p. Maybe next time.

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
Both good calls, storage pack makes sense and I did toy with the painted wheels, I suspect you are right they would look nice. Might pop into Porsche and see if they have anything to look at. Thank you for looking everyone.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
Hi......how do you find the massage seat option?
I’m on the fence of going with 14-way massage or 18-way grab&Hold you seats

@MARTY7

I'll add one more thing about my Tesla to Taycan experience (now you are making me turn this into a Model 3 versus Taycan debate. ;)).

I was blown away when we first bought our Model X. It felt unlike any car I had driven before. Even things like the fart app were a huge hit with our kids. I was really convinced that this was so much better than everything else out there, I was almost mad that how could the other automakers be so far behind. I also felt really guilty about driving gas powered cars (I know not everyone will agree), and wanted to support electric vehicles as much as possible. So buying a Model X was the perfect choice for us.

Then came the Taycan. Initially I had a deposit on one, and when it came out and it was time to place an order I test drove a Turbo at my local dealership. It was just like I expected from a Porsche (handling, build quality, the Porsche experience, etc) but I too noticed things like the UX and other aspects that felt behind in tech compared to Tesla. So as a result I cancelled my order and purchased an E-tron. I figured it was a cheaper way to experience electric vehicles from a quality automaker and still support the advancement of EVs.

After about 6 months of owning the E-tron, I realized that we were driving it way more than our Tesla. It was more comfortable, quiet, we had gotten used to the UX, and it's sound system was far superior. We were driving it because it had many of the more traditional aspects we had grown accustom to in a luxury vehicle. The Model X by comparison felt poorly built, had a lot of rattles, the fart app and fun tech had become old. I realized that a lot of those things were kinda gimmicky tricks, and in reality weren't of any real use. The biggest thing the Model X had going for it was the supercharging network.

A couple of months ago I started entertaining the idea of trading the Model X for a Taycan. I've had 6 Porsches over the past 10 years and really missed have a car I loved to drive. I ended spending more time with a Taycan Turbo and quickly realized it was what I wanted. I will admit it took spending more time in the car to really appreciate it. It's by far the best driving EV on the market and a true Porsche. Sure it had some compromises in terms of charging network and tech like over the air updates, but I got used to the UX, and actually began to prefer the more traditional display instead of the massive touch screen in the middle. Yes it was a bigger heavier sedan, but it really did drive like a Porsche. I wanted to get excited every time I got in the car to drive, not get in an appliance that made fart noises and could drive itself on the highway.

Tesla has changed the auto industry forever. They started the EV revolution and I couldn't be happier. But they have a long ways to go in terms of building cars that drive and feel like what many have come to expect for luxury cars. To be honest, Tesla may never need to concern itself with these type of vehicles anyway. They most likely will become the GM or Toyota of electric vehicles assuming they can get their quality up. The won't (and probably shouldn't care to be) be a direct competitor with manufacturers like Porsche. Their bread and butter will be mass consumer electric vehicles.

So, I guess you have to decide what you really want out of the Taycan or the Model 3P. For the money the Model 3 is hard to beat. It's a blast to drive and is perfect for a middle size sporty EV. It has some of the best tech in the industry and is possibly the best EV for driving long distances. But if you really appreciate the quality and driving experience of something like a Porsche, and care less about the latest tech, I can guarantee the Taycan will make you happier in the long run. But it comes at a HUGE cost difference (which is the case of all cars in this class). When I was younger I never understood these luxury GT sport cars. I had a Subaru WRX STI which could run circles around most of them. It also had a 6-speed manual and was a blast to drive. But it was also extremely loud and uncomfortable, shitty quality, began to lose it's appeal as I got older. As sad as it is I now like things like massaging seats in my car, and noise insulating glass so I can listen to my music of choice on a drive.

Sorry for rambling. :)

Good luck with your decision.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Big thumbs up for the massage seats. One of my favorite options.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
or........silver or.......color match the blue on the wheels.......I personally think the silver or all black looks the best

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S First Thoughts 1602382488403

Go 21” Mission E wheels all black / black calipers...

Last edited:

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I just finished a 5 day 1250 mile road rally. The massage seats were much more enjoyable than having 18-way sport seats. Extremely nice for long drives.

18-ways look cool, but they aren't bucket seats and in my opinion don't provide more support.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I just finished a 5 day 1250 mile road rally. The massage seats were much more enjoyable than having 18-way sport seats. Extremely nice for long drives.

18-ways look cool, but they aren't bucket seats and in my opinion don't provide more support.
How was your charging experience during the road rally?

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome.......thank you for that info, I think this seals the deal for me w/the massage seats
did you use Innodrive and how did you like it?

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Awesome.......thank you for that info, I think this seals the deal for me w/the massage seats
did you use Innodrive and how did you like it?
I didn't use Innodrive once during the rally. It was all on remote two lane roads with a lot of technical driving.
Sponsored