New software update available?

nwills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Someone from Germany posted this in a Taycan Facebook group. Apparently it is a software update that includes the following:

Improvements on charging, battery capacity improvements, improvements on driving dynamics, seat position presets, park distance control, optimization on the curved display visualizations.

He was nice enough to upload a picture of the letter he received from Porsche Germany showing these improvements and requesting to have the vehicle brought to the dealer to perform the update as it is not available OTA.

I’m including the letter for those that understand German.

Anyone know anything about this?

Porsche Taycan New software update available? 5B5A45B0-90EC-4320-B0BC-170CFB946D55
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Someone from Germany posted this in a Taycan Facebook group. Apparently it is a software update that includes the following:

Improvements on charging, battery capacity improvements, improvements on driving dynamics, seat position presets, park distance control, optimization on the curved display visualizations.

He was nice enough to upload a picture of the letter he received from Porsche Germany showing these improvements and requesting to have the vehicle brought to the dealer to perform the update as it is not available OTA.

I’m including the letter for those that understand German.

Anyone know anything about this?

5B5A45B0-90EC-4320-B0BC-170CFB946D55.jpeg
I might be wrong, but this list sounds very familiar as the existing software update campaign - it might be new but I don't think so.

OP
OP

nwills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I might be wrong, but this list sounds very familiar as the existing software update campaign - it might be new but I don't think so.
In the event where it is a current campaign I guess it only applies to vehicles with earlier build dates with an older software version? I called my dealer and they weren’t aware of any software updates being available for my VIN.

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
I already had my update 1st of October.
My 4S was delivered to me in May 2020 and yesterday had the software update installed.Reference is VR8.6 & VR8.7.
Please refer to attached files. Update similar to one previously posted and maybe some extras.

Porsche Taycan New software update available? IMG_9695

Porsche Taycan New software update available? IMG_9696

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
My 4S was delivered to me in May 2020 and yesterday had the software update installed.Reference is VR8.6 & VR8.7.
Please refer to attached files. Update similar to one previously posted and maybe some extras.

IMG_9695.jpg

IMG_9696.jpg
Thx!
I don't recall these improvements were made, only performance updates (inverters etc) and PCM module for internet.

Mine is at the dealer again (today) for fixing my wing (sits 5mm too low in the middle).
I'll pick it up tomorrow if all is ok and ask about these updates.
I asked if I'm being notified in the future if there are updates but he said: only safety updates and directly by Porsche.
Other updates, if available, will be installed when I bring the car in for service.
Thx for the heads-up!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
when reading the German text, I believe this is a new update and not the one from earlier. This one mentions the home charging and some of the settings for guests etc that hve been corrected.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Thx!
I don't recall these improvements were made, only performance updates (inverters etc) and PCM module for internet.

Mine is at the dealer again (today) for fixing my wing (sits 5mm too low in the middle).
I'll pick it up tomorrow if all is ok and ask about these updates.
I asked if I'm being notified in the future if there are updates but he said: only safety updates and directly by Porsche.
Other updates, if available, will be installed when I bring the car in for service.
Thx for the heads-up!
Just got an email from my dealer and this is already done in October.
So it's the same update as mentioned before.
Note: update versions may vary by country though...

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Just got an email from my dealer and this is already done in October.
So it's the same update as mentioned before.
Note: update versions may vary by country though...
Mine works so flawlessly, not sure I want an update. Was running it hard last night, and it just wanted to go faster. I couldn’t want a better car at high speeds or sharp corners
:)

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Mine works so flawlessly, not sure I want an update. Was running it hard last night, and it just wanted to go faster. I couldn’t want a better car at high speeds or sharp corners
:)
Mine too.
But the internet connection through the app works so much better now.
With Porsche you don't have to worry that after an update it'll be even worse...
This is such a great car, I really love it.

Bug: airco sometimes (coming from range mode) doesn't go from eco to normal but other than that, no problems whatsoever.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
My car was at the dealer this week. They performed the WLG2 software update several months ago. During this visit they performed the WLH5 campaign to check the water drain hose. No other updates were done or available for my car (early build 2020 4S).
Sponsored