Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I forgot to mention that after the uPdate I changed the setting to "save the battery" so that may be it. The most important factor I have cound is that the battery temperature should be 90 degrees when starting. If you use your route planner, it will use energy to heat the battery to too high a terperature if you let it in non-winter charging.

Chuck J
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I forgot to mention that after the uPdate I changed the setting to "save the battery" so that may be it. The most important factor I have cound is that the battery temperature should be 90 degrees when starting. If you use your route planner, it will use energy to heat the battery to too high a terperature if you let it in non-winter charging.

Chuck J

Quick check of the uPdate improvements list and there are a couple of candidate charging related items but again, not sure they'd be relevant in this case.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Range Test With New Software Update ANA6 Description-1 2

Reactions: B61

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Was that option available before the uPdate, I never looked for it? When I tried charging before at 90% it was down to 50KW area or less.

Chuck J

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Finally had my upgrade last week and am awaiting the improvements, if any. So far, the only difference I can see is that the consumption is now described as kWH/100 miles rather than how many miles per kWh.
You can change that in the PCM if not already done so

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Chuck J
Battery saver option is for protection when using ultrafast EVSEs 150kW+ and throttles the power to extend the charging time, reduce battery heat and overall protect the battery.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Battery saver option is for protection when using ultrafast EVSEs 150kW+ and throttles the power to extend the charging time, reduce battery heat and overall protect the battery.
But the key is that it charges faster at the higher percentages so now, instead of stopping at 80-85% you can go to 90-95%. That, when included with the slightly longer range means less charging stop time. The other key is to not let the battery temp get above 88-90 before charging which it will tend to do in hot weather if you pick a high speed charger to go to in the planner.

Chuck J

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
But the key is that it charges faster at the higher percentages so now, instead of stopping at 80-85% you can go to 90-95%. That, when included with the slightly longer range means less charging stop time. The other key is to not let the battery temp get above 88-90 before charging which it will tend to do in hot weather if you pick a high speed charger to go to in the planner.

Chuck J
Perhaps - I have yet to see longer range post uPdate. I lost 30% in September and only now getting to where I was prior to uPdate.

I don't make much use of public charging and rarely use ultra speed chargers but can see how it can help others who depend on it.

I find a lot of the guidance and enhancements contradictive at times - we are recommended to charge only to 80% / 85% on a regular daily basis but to now encourage higher levels of charging and at higher speeds seems at odds.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Few days ago, i mentioned strange results of range prediction after charging.
Yesterday, i was taking notes when i was charging (from 25-85%).
When i stopped, i had 85% / 332 km.
After i store csbles to the car it goes up to 358km.
Few minutes later: 353km
Two hours later: 347 km (that was yesterday at 20.08)
Today, 341 km….

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Few days ago, i mentioned strange results of range prediction after charging.
Yesterday, i was taking notes when i was charging (from 25-85%).
When i stopped, i had 85% / 332 km.
After i store csbles to the car it goes up to 358km.
Few minutes later: 353km
Two hours later: 347 km (that was yesterday at 20.08)
Today, 341 km….
Battery temp - reports high range after ultrafast charging and then reports 'normal' after it reaches ambient?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’ve been charging at home, 3-phase, 400V, 14A only (about 9kw per hour).
Today, i’m not planning to drive, so i’ll check if there will be any changes.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I’ve been charging at home, 3-phase, 400V, 14A only (about 9kw per hour).
Today, i’m not planning to drive, so i’ll check if there will be any changes.
Hmm, AC charging won't generate that much heat so likely not the cause.

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
If you use your route planner, it will use energy to heat the battery to too high a terperature if you let it in non-winter charging.
I observed the same effect, an excessive temperature increase...
It seems that we are the only members of the forum to have noticed this.
Sponsored