First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Hi Ron
Unfortunately I have no data as I have been locked down since taking delivery mid December.
Have covered a total of 800 miles!
Better times are coming, so hopefully I’ll have an excuse to do a long trip with a roof box soon.

Not certain about having a roof box facing backwards. Would have thought that companies like Thule and OEMs would have researched this, even if they hadn’t done wind tunnel tests.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi Ron
Unfortunately I have no data as I have been locked down since taking delivery mid December.
Have covered a total of 800 miles!
Better times are coming, so hopefully I’ll have an excuse to do a long trip with a roof box soon.

Not certain about having a roof box facing backwards. Would have thought that companies like Thule and OEMs would have researched this, even if they hadn’t done wind tunnel tests.
You are correct, the normal roof boxes from Calix or Thule, are not suitable to just turn around. They are not tested and proved in such manner I would guess.

However Cali have launched a new model called Aero Loader especially to reduce drag and noise. How well it works we will see once lockdowns are lifted.

http://calixroofboxes.com/produkter/calix-aero-loader/

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am about to order the Porsche roof rails and 520 liter roof box to allow for camping trips with the Taycan. I found a great price from Gaudin Porsche in Las Vegas and the Bakersfield dealership from whom I purchased the car will match prices for me.

Does anyone have a pointer to an installation video for the rack? Or comments on how easy it is to put on and remove? I just re-found @thecoloradokid posting https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...uncement-when-ordering-taycan-roof-rack.2808/

A funny note: This purchase will give me a chance to visit them once and for them to see the car they sold. I had a Porsche Experience Center delivery and have never been to the dealership once.The transaction was handled in email, phone calls and a few certified mails.

Gaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
The sea sucker works great on painted roofs too. I used one on my 911 (pre taycan) and it worked perfectly.

I would clean the areas where the suction pads go so as not to scratch in any dirt, otherwise they are great.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The sea sucker works great on painted roofs too. I used one on my 911 (pre taycan) and it worked perfectly.

I would clean the areas where the suction pads go so as not to scratch in any dirt, otherwise they are great.
Does SeaSucker comment on use of the sucker on a painted roof with PPF?
Does not affect me as I actually have the panoramic roof as it was required in the USA for 2020 models. But curious as I have full PPF.

--- UPDATE ---
Actually I just found the answer: NO PPF
https://www.porscheclubgb.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1021729

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
And now to answer my question on how to install, thanks to the pointer from @thecoloradokid, I made this 5 page excerpt of the mounting instructions from the 2020 Taycan Owners Manual PDF in case it's useful for others.

Attachments

gentley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (sold), Taycan 4S
Country flag
As an keen cyclist I was about to order the techquipment roof rack and bike carrier for my recently delivered 4S. Before doing so I thought I would check if the Yakima roof rack that I have for my old 911 (997.1) would fit.

Well it does..! Need to use the M8 x 45mm attachment bolts (instead of the M6 bolts) but otherwise the Yakima’s #11 Landing Pads and Control Towers fit well and the installation is seems solid. The rear bar sits a little lower than the front bar due to the sloping roof but this is not really an issue.

Anyone else tried something similar..?

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Any data yet Jonathan?

Also saw an interesting video from Bjørn Nyland on having the roof box reversed providing lower drag and less noise, tested on a Model 3.
I think this is valid - water drops are this shape for a reason!

Margrock

First Name
Margaret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I waited almost 4 months to get a Porsche roof rack for my Taycan CT. I finally gave up after they announced a 3rd delivery delay and spoke to a local rack place about getting the Thule equivalent. They got me fitted right away, I LOVE it!

Porsche Taycan Taycan roof rack and accessories A4727FCD-326B-4207-98D6-5423F2A61FFF

Porsche Taycan Taycan roof rack and accessories 0923A915-538D-4A5F-81C8-4189D14DF154

Simoniz

First Name
Simo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L322, Fiat 500e, Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
My winter setup with Taycan roof rack and Porsche 320 liter roof box

Porsche Taycan Taycan roof rack and accessories tempImageJUE0u

taycan_ct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hello all,

My new Taycan CT has arrived and I specced it with no roof rails and I am wondering if the rail-less bars from Porsche Tequipment will work on the wagon? My car does have a pan roof so it looks like it may be available.

Thanks in advance,

Porsche Taycan Taycan roof rack and accessories D183F079-17D8-4B3F-BABC-07EB71F80621

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello all,

My new Taycan CT has arrived and I specced it with no roof rails and I am wondering if the rail-less bars from Porsche Tequipment will work on the wagon? My car does have a pan roof so it looks like it may be available.

Thanks in advance,

D183F079-17D8-4B3F-BABC-07EB71F80621.jpeg
Not sure that it will unfortunately.

You need the rails which I think can only be factory fitted

Porsche Taycan Taycan roof rack and accessories Screenshot_20230313-200438_Chrome

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Do you have two flaps each side at the edge of the roof? If so you should find fittings underneath and may be able to use the saloon bars.
If not, you are looking at suction pads.
J

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Do you have two flaps each side at the edge of the roof? If so you should find fittings underneath and may be able to use the saloon bars.
If not, you are looking at suction pads.
J
You only get the 4 flaps with the glass roof on a saloon/sedan.
NO flaps with glass roof on ST or CT.
You definitely need the rails to fit bars.

Porsche Taycan Taycan roof rack and accessories 5B2D1969-5362-4A23-AA46-5DFD84DB44AE

Porsche Taycan Taycan roof rack and accessories A1B97B12-F3E3-4314-AE36-AB18BD69F953