BMW i4

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Does that work? Is it because Audi has been rather successful with a large front?
Maybe, but to be honest, I don't quite understand why BMW has to do this, after all Chinese love the ICE BMWs, particularly the 5er and the 5X.

Audi was popular, because the officials wanted something better than the VWs at the time.

That was before regular people had enough money to buying a car. :cool:

Porsche Taycan BMW i4 1616061997117

OP
OP

DeciusCaeciliusMetellus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
Maybe, but to be honest, I don't quite understand why BMW has to do this, after all Chinese love the ICE BMWs, particularly the 5er and the 5X.

Audi was popular, because the officials wanted something better than the VWs at the time.

That was before regular people had enough money to buying a car. :cool:

1616061997117.png
I too find the big grille really ugly on the white model, but it doesn't look that bad on a darker color where it blends in (here is an iX):
Porsche Taycan BMW i4 P90414109_lowRes_bmw-ix-production-po

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I too find the big grille really ugly on the white model, but it doesn't look that bad on a darker color where it blends in (here is an iX):
Just my opinion here but NO. NO NO NO NO.

I mean it is a DIFFERENT kind of ugly yes. But I actually gasped slightly when I saw that picture.

I am sure they did a lot of market research, no doubt. I guess I am not in the center lane of their future customers.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
P90414109_lowRes_bmw-ix-production-po.jpg
It's not that bad, but ever since they came out with the dog like looking i3 front, I kinda gave up on their design. On their website this looks better:

Porsche Taycan BMW i4 1616077383399

loysha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS E-tron GT
Country flag
I think BMW is trying to enter the electric car market a second time. They had a great story since i8 and it was great at the time of release. Now i4 and iX this is a electro car based on the CLAR platform. We took BMW 4 and BMW X3 and just put batteries in them. As a temporary solution, it will come off and will be very marketable.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Despite the appearance of its front end the Cd shows at .23 vs .22 for the Taycan and .21 for the Tesla. So it's what an EV should be.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Went to the dealer today, and was pleasantly surprised that the car is quite spacious inside and the UI is quite familiar...
Porsche Taycan BMW i4 20210322_123356

Porsche Taycan BMW i4 20210322_115440

Porsche Taycan BMW i4 20210322_115447

Might take it for a test drive soon. This car could sell well in the West.

Mazithra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan & Taycan & Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
I don't know who is leading BMW's design team lately, but I know for sure that he and his team needs to be shot... Receive the death penalty... For ruining such a great brand...

I was a huge BMW fan since I was a kid, but not anymore, thanks to the fugly designs they have been crapping out lately.

The kidney grille of the new 4 and the i4 just SUCKS. It reminds me of the 6000 SUX from the Robocop movies:
Porsche Taycan BMW i4 vkv4kfblnwa61

I'm pretty sure that BMW's sales are going to take a big hit over the next couple of years. Their new design language is very very ugly.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
The kidney grille of the new 4 and the i4 just SUCKS. It reminds me of the 6000 SUX from the Robocop movies
Upvoted for the Robocop reference, and I agree about the sinfully ugly design.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
As a former BMW fan, I'm not into the large grilles either. The other day a friend of mine (who is in his early 30s) texted me out of the blue and was like "I love the new M4". I thought he was trolling me but he was actually serious. So...maybe BMW knows what they are doing and attracting a new generation of buyers. I do think they are the now the best at overall interior design/ergonomics/electronics with the right blend of traditional controls and screens.
Sponsored