hmendelssohn

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TURBO
Country flag
I want To take my Taycan Turbo on a ferry that takes 12 hours. The maximum time you can set transport mode is 10 hours. Emailed Porsche customer service and they said the following:

“The transport mode can only be set for a maximum of 10 hours. If you require the vehicle to be in transport mode for longer than the 10 hours, I would suggest re-setting it for the further required hours.”

The problem is I have no way of resetting it as I won’t have Wi-fi or 3 or 4g coverage. Clearly this is a huge mistake with the software to only allow a maximum of 10 hours setting in transport mode. any Ideas?
Sponsored

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
How do all the other cars survive with out transport mode?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
When I need to do that I ring the Vodafone run security centre and ask them how long to set it for. They can set it for as long as you want - weeks if you so desire.

This number: +44 333 222 0799

OP
OP

hmendelssohn

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TURBO
Country flag
When I need to do that I ring the Vodafone run security centre and ask them how long to set it for. They can set it for as long as you want - weeks if you so desire.

This number: +44 333 222 0799
Problem with that is the alarm will still go off. Yes, you can tell the security company to ignore the alarm but on a ship the alarm will still activate. And you can’t simply lock the Taycan as suggested because there is no way of doing that.

OP
OP

hmendelssohn

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TURBO
Country flag
what is the benefit of 'transport mode?'
Basically it switches off the motion detection so the car can still be locked and secure when being transported. Most high end cars have it now including Ferrari but you can simply switch off transport mode in all other cars I’ve had, but you are limited to 10 hours only with the Taycan. Fine for most short ferry crossings but not for long crossings lile I do.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can you lock the car with the emergency key that slides out of the back of the key fob?

OP
OP

hmendelssohn

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TURBO
Country flag
Can you lock the car with the emergency key that slides out of the back of the key fob?
My understanding is that locking the car with the emergency key will activate the security system and I will still have the same problem BUT it’s certainly worth checking that with Porsche. Thanks for the suggestion.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Problem with that is the alarm will still go off. Yes, you can tell the security company to ignore the alarm but on a ship the alarm will still activate. And you can’t simply lock the Taycan as suggested because there is no way of doing that.
I'm facing this myself in a few weeks (Ireland to France - 18 hrs). I notice on the Good To Know app when talking about ferries, it mentions to do two things:

a] Deactivate interior surveillance and the inclination sensor (alarm) and,
b] Activate transport mode if you have PTVS+ (which I do).

So I wonder does (a) stop the alarm from ringing for the full trip?

OP
OP

hmendelssohn

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TURBO
Country flag
I'm facing this myself in a few weeks (Ireland to France - 18 hrs). I notice on the Good To Know app when talking about ferries, it mentions to do two things:

I’ve emailed Porsche Customer Service to ask that very question. I’ll post their reply when I receive it. It certainly isn’t clear in the Taycan user manual so we will see what they say.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I want To take my Taycan Turbo on a ferry that takes 12 hours. The maximum time you can set transport mode is 10 hours. Emailed Porsche customer service and they said the following:

“The transport mode can only be set for a maximum of 10 hours. If you require the vehicle to be in transport mode for longer than the 10 hours, I would suggest re-setting it for the further required hours.”

The problem is I have no way of resetting it as I won’t have Wi-fi or 3 or 4g coverage. Clearly this is a huge mistake with the software to only allow a maximum of 10 hours setting in transport mode. any Ideas?
Don't lock the car.

OP
OP

hmendelssohn

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TURBO
Country flag
That's not an option. If the car is not locked then the contents are not insured.

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag

I am fairly confident there is no time limit on (a) if armed from within the car so do that, inform Vodafone and you should be good.

My understanding is that Transport Mode relates to the tracker (not the alarm)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Double tap the locking button on the keyfob within 2 secs (or the door sensor if you have comfort access) and that should do the trick then. The inclination sensor is set (disabled) and the alarm will only go off if a door is opened from the inside (same feature if you were leaving a pet / person inside the car which will disable the interior surveillance also).

For longer journeys, no idea why Porsche would restrict any of the features to 10 hours but I guess you just keep resetting to extend the time (assuming there's a cell connection). I guess if there are no comms then there can't be PVTS+ event triggered.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61