SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
During my road trip from LA to San Jose, I met several EQSs at the Lost Hills EA charging station.
The cars took all the chargers (4 available), and at least few EVs had to wait till they finished up charing.

The drivers were not from MB but a third party company just for delivery to SF.

Interestingly, they were having their own share of the EA agony, since they had some trouble in initiating the charge :)

The car looked very ugly outside, beautiful inside.

Porsche Taycan Gang of EQSs at Lost Hills 7329742B-668F-4E54-85C4-F43216D8CBEB.JPG
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
The white one looks huge compared to taycan.
(and i wouldn;t say ugly….they are just…nothing special, ie. boring….)

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
The white one looks huge compared to taycan.
(and i wouldn;t say ugly….they are just…nothing special, ie. boring….)
Seriously! Looks like it could swallow the Taycan whole. And I don't find the Taycan to be a "small car" by any stretch.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Seriously! Looks like it could swallow the Taycan whole. And I don't find the Taycan to be a "small car" by any stretch.
Might be perspective (view angle on wide/ultra wide lense makes objects larger on edges)….
i guess, that the white (on the back of taycan is also eqs?)
but still, the black one, on the right, near taycan also looks much wider ….o_O

take a look on chargers… charger on the left is wider than charger behind taycan….

Last edited:

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Mercedes ICE design lineup is amazing, I loved my e450 Coupe, but wow they screwed up the electric line. The interior is off-the-charts but sheesh could they have just made a great C-class with an electric motor and some smoothed out lines instead of this 4 box humpback abomination?!

OP
OP
SeanY

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yes the white on the back is also EQS.
There were at least 3 more EQSs not in the picture.

I think I used 0.5x for my iPhone, which made the side white one look larger. Still it's a huge car.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Quick google:
EQS width: 1926mm (2125 with mirrors).
taycan 1966mm (2144 with mirrors).

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
EQS is definitely a welcome edition to the space. Model S owners looking for more luxury will be in for a treat.

The exterior is definitely not pleasing to the eye. It's not ugly, but it doesn't make you smile everytime you look at it, like a Taycan does.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
EQS is definitely a welcome edition to the space. Model S owners looking for more luxury will be in for a treat.

The exterior is definitely not pleasing to the eye. It's not ugly, but it doesn't make you smile everytime you look at it, like a Taycan does.
IMHO the EQS will be the nail in the coffin of the model S

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Why's that? They are very different price points.
They aren't that different. A model S long range has a base of $90,000 with no rebate and the base EQS with comparable range starts at $103,000 with a (for now) $7500 rebate.

Once buyers begin to discover that to get 400+ miles of range one doesn't have to spend near 6 figures for a car with the interior of a vehicle half the price and no local dealership, they may decide to switch brands.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

I actually kind of like the design. I generally like it nice and rounded! :giggle:

Last edited:
  • Haha

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
They aren't that different. A model S long range has a base of $90,000 with no rebate and the base EQS with comparable range starts at $103,000 with a (for now) $7500 rebate.

Once buyers begin to discover that to get 400+ miles of range one doesn't have to spend near 6 figures for a car with the interior of a vehicle half the price and no local dealership, they may decide to switch brands.
True, I forgot Tesla recently raised the price. It was 80k just a couple months ago.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
https://insideevs.com/news/526536/gac-aionv-ultra-fast-charging

This model is now on the roads here in big numbers. It looks great. And the specs of the plus version are impressive:

Porsche Taycan Gang of EQSs at Lost Hills 1633408522823

95.8 kWh battery with up to 430 miles range for USD 37200!

Porsche Taycan Gang of EQSs at Lost Hills 1633408412947

It is certainly of good quality, since it is made by the joint venture partner of Toyota.

I am sorry to say, but it is getting very, very hard to justify spending 220k for a Porsche, if they cannot step up to battery game! The next Taycan must have at least a 120 kWh battery.