OP
Basebull7

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've removed the rear bumper model designation, the electric logo from doors and only left the Taycan Turbo decal at the lower portion of passenger and driver door. Much clear and less noise going on with he car.

swejs

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster S; Skoda Superb; Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag
And a

pointless Vanity plate!!
And a

pointless Vanity plate!!
Setting aside the personal significance of the characters I don't see it as any different to the plethora of cosmetic options available for gloss black this-and that etc. which impact neither performance nor safety. Each to their own as i think you'll find in this thread.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Setting aside the personal significance of the characters I don't see it as any different to the plethora of cosmetic options available for gloss black this-and that etc. which impact neither performance nor safety. Each to their own as i think you'll find in this thread.
Whoa whoa...the butt dyno says otherwise!

thebuttonmonkey

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’d like to get your thoughts about the “Electric” logo on the driver and passenger doors. Leave it or take it off?
I liked the idea - and there were colours I thought they worked on - but not on our mamba green.
Looking back I think I was more (over) excited about going electric than I was in love with the 'electric' logo itself.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I like them! A neighbour over the road has a Panamera Turismo with e-hybrid ones.
Don't know if they still do, but IIRC the Panamera and Cayenne hybrids came with them as standard (my MY18 Cayenne did- they made a nice apologetic counterpoint to the quad drainpipes sticking out the rear 😁).

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Would you put a decal saying “Petrol” on your ICE car?
No, because it would be silly. Same applies to the “Electric” decal on a Taycan, imo.

wicksta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Would you put a decal saying “Petrol” on your ICE car?
No, because it would be silly. Same applies to the “Electric” decal on a Taycan, imo.
Porsche put 'diesel' and 'electric' badges on cars, I guess because it's different to the normal petrol cars they are more known for selling. It's usually not 'people' putting them on, it's the manufacturer.

Porsche Taycan “Electric” Logo on doors RE9dmYH

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Porsche put 'diesel' and 'electric' badges on cars, I guess because it's different to the normal petrol cars they are more known for selling. It's usually not 'people' putting them on, it's the manufacturer.

RE9dmYH.png
Doesn't make it right! 😄

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
I always de-badge my cars, a habit I picked up from working with German companies in the 80’s. The idea was that only an expert would recognise the differences between a BMW 520i and an M5….

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag

RE9dmYH.png
My old CPO Diesel Cayenne (no range anxiety on that beast) got a lot of confused double-takes thanks to the side emblems. That was fun but had it been a new build I'd have omitted.

On my CT4, I deleted the model designation and passed on the Electric logo, for many of the reasons already stated here, but also to avoid awkward PPF install problems.

That same Cayenne got rear ended, and when the (Porsche approved) body shop replaced the Porsche emblem on the tailgate panel it was messy and unaligned, like a child playing with fridge magnets. For PPF and any future repairs, I'm glad that the Taycan has the Porsche emblem embedded in the rear light strip.

If I upgrade to a GTS/Turbo/Turbo S some day, I would do the same deletion and omission.

In the case of the Electric logo I do think that in coming years it will seem dated, when EVs are the majority.

@DerekS I do regret getting EV license plates due to the unfortunate risks here in the US.