“Electric” Logo on doors

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I actually think it looks fine but it dates the car in way. Back in the day, car makers would put “EFI” labels on their ICE cars because electronic fuel injection was new and novel.

There will come a time soon where “electric” is no longer novel but rather the standard or baseline. This is when It will appear dated.

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I actually think it looks fine but it dates the car in way. Back in the day, car makers would put “EFI” labels on their ICE cars because electronic fuel injection was new and novel.
Yeah. That "i" in, for example, BMW 318i also originally stood for injection. And a Golf GTI was proudly a "Grand Tourisme Injection".

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
My microwave is electric too. And my coffee machine. And my vacuum cleaner. Oooooh so fancyyyy... ELeCtRic. Bzzzzzz. No.

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I wonder if any non-English markets choose this option? I stumbled upon (I guess deliberately, actually) the German configurator and was shocked that this option was also in English and not spelt “elektrisch”. Watt’s up with that?
Unlike France for example, Germans have a high affinity towards words from the English language, and like borrowing words from it (sometimes affectionally called "denglish"). Car makers have been doing that for decades. See my example above, where the "i" in BMW 318i and VW Golf GTI stands for "injection", an Englisch word instead of the German "Einspritzanlage".

It's not a hard rule: Double Clutch Transmissions are "Doppelkupplungsgetriebe" in German, and that's what "PDK" means: Porsche Doppelkupplung.

wicksta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I like them! A neighbour over the road has a Panamera Turismo with e-hybrid ones.

NLister18

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
B9.5 Audi RS5 Sportback
Country flag
It’s a no from me. 😂 But I tend to favor simplicity when it comes to luxury vehicles. I don’t have any decals, stripes or extra logos on mine. I only have the model designation on the rear.

swejs

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster S; Skoda Superb; Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag
Yeah, I totally baulked at this but it's just decals rather than painted on isn't it? So my advice to anyone tempted, get it and see what you think then if you don't like it'll be pretty easy to remove
I had 'Boxster S' removed at the factory and left '718' on to see what it was like and had it removed as soon as i saw it. Both my Boxster and Taycan have nothing on except Porsche at the back.

Porsche Taycan “Electric” Logo on doors IMG_7044.JPG

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
And a
I had 'Boxster S' removed at the factory and left '718' on to see what it was like and had it removed as soon as i saw it. Both my Boxster and Taycan have nothing on except Porsche at the back.

IMG_7044.JPG
pointless Vanity plate!!