tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Interesting that the 48V system has been removed. I know that in my car the PDCC option uses 48V. Did anything else?

Porsche Taycan 🚨 2025 Taycan Officially Revealed! Specs, Wallpaper Photos, Videos & US Pricing Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 00.56.24
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Interesting you picked out soft close function from that excerpt. I took from that, race track mode, allowing active pre-cooling of the battery before “a more spirited drive” 😅
I picked soft-close because it's been the topic of many laments around here.
I did notice the race track mode, but as I drive a base 4CT, those words did not make sense to me.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
From the PDF, I love how no one has even mentioned that they've seem to have significantly improved InnoDrive too.

Porsche Taycan 🚨 2025 Taycan Officially Revealed! Specs, Wallpaper Photos, Videos & US Pricing 1707267916166

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
This PDF presentation answers a lot of questions about where the extra range comes from for J1 II: Taycan PA Technic Presentation PDF

Source: https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/press-kits/taycan.html

This PDF is a treasure trove of information to geek out on. Hats off to Porsche for an incredible technical accomplishment. I can see why the 2 speed transmission is no longer needed and why they chose to use the additional battery capability for more performance. There is so much more here as well. Shocking to see how much they invested in a “refresh”. This is likely the EV they really wanted to build. From a technical standpoint, all I can say is wow!

24Neptune

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Porsche Taycan RWD, 2024 Audi SQ5 Prestige
Country flag
Electric sports sound now comes out of the stereo – no more dedicated internal speakers.
Speaking of Sport sound, does anyone know from where the sound emanates on the exterior? It's pretty loud which I like…sounds cool and people can hear the car which seems safer.

And where are the dedicated internal speakers located?

P.S. I like the new front fascia…it‘s not THAT different really and at least they didn't separate the headlights which I’m not a fan of. Although likely would have made them too low given how low the front is anyway. I’m mostly pissed they made the RWD .6 sec faster 😂

Last edited:

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
This PDF is a treasure trove of information to geek out on. Hats off to Porsche for an incredible technical accomplishment. I can see why the 2 speed transmission is no longer needed and why they chose to use the additional battery capability for more performance. There is so much more here as well. Shocking to see how much they invested in a “refresh”. This is likely the EV they really wanted to build. From a technical standpoint, all I can say is wow!
Indeed, was just going to post the same. (And thanks @JonoNZ for the handy pdf link).

This was a thorough reworking of the Taycan (need to snap to lingo, "J1 I"), I'm very pleased to see their continued commitment to this model line. It's definitely here to stay for the long term, despite not being on the "corporate" platform.

One of the slides in the appendix has a deeper breakdown of the mass lost/gained, worth reading.

Lastly, page 14 (screenshot below) shows that very little in the efficiency gains could translate down to J1 I - maybe some of the 4% gained on "optimized drive and recuperation strategy", everything else is new "hardware".

On the "plus" side, their example of a real-world trip (Stuttgart to Barcelona, ~1200km), all of that ~30% efficiency gain translated into ~40m of saved time over 13hrs. I will not sell my car for $20 to @007 over this marginal improvement, so it's all good.

Porsche Taycan 🚨 2025 Taycan Officially Revealed! Specs, Wallpaper Photos, Videos & US Pricing 1707268925541

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
Interesting that the PCM is different to the Macan EV. No App Store, No YouTube, etc, instead an app I've never heard of call ScreenHits TV. Is this Android Automotive or another derivative? In the press info they say it's the latest generation, so maybe the software version in these early reveal cars is not up-to-date?
Sponsored