Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Did anyone save the PDF before it was pulled by Porsche?

If so please provide a new link or PM me a copy TIA!
Sponsored

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I wonder who the buyers are for the 2025 Refresh as I think we the buyers are all spent who purchased the first 150,000 made, lots of used and new Gen 1 cars everywhere, and then a lot more competition at price/form/luxury/tech levels including Macan EV and new Panamera (for hard pass on EV sedan crowd), and lots of options elsewhere if someone wants more room and luxury that Taycan cannot offer for the price. After all, it is a Sedan and Wagon that are the least desirable form factors for a long time in the US compare to the crossover, compact SUV, and truck factors.

I will ask my dealer how do they plan to sell all the Gen 1 stock that has been standing there for months (mostly Base models) with main complaint being Range, and do they have any pent up demand for the Gen 2 since Range is competitive now.

A few months back the dealer told me, that 2 years ago their Macan EV list was 40 people long and then it fizzled to 4 since they kept delaying in. We were on that list but went for 2024 Macan GTS as we needed to upgrade from the 2016 Macan Turbo 3.6L model (went for 30% over market) and could not wait any longer with the original plan getting 2nd year production example in the fall of 2023, so we are out of that race for some time as we keep our cars a long time.

The point is, I would like to meet the first buyer on this forum to place the order for the refresh model of any trim and why, and if dealers are offering any discounts.
I am just about to order a new Turbo S because I sooo need 1000HP. My only challenge is deciding between Jet Black Metallic and Gentian Blue Metallic paint. Votes please…

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I am just about to order a new Turbo S because I sooo need 1000HP. My only challenge is deciding between Jet Black Metallic and Gentian Blue Metallic paint. Votes please…
Nice to meet you, Ken. That is a valid reason, no question. I hope you like the exterior changes and interior package changes. Please post your build and where you plan to unleash all the horses. I vote Gentian.

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Nice to meet you, Ken. That is a valid reason, no question. I hope you like the exterior changes and interior package changes. Please post your build. I vote Gentian.
Nice to meet you too Sergey. I am still tweaking my config and will post when I’m done. Gentian 1 - Jet 0.

There are some nice unrestricted roads just over the English Channel in Europe and that’s where I reckon I’ll be kicking down. I took my Audi RS7 to 170MPH (for approximately 1.5 seconds - white knuckles) on one of those very roads. Amazing how drivers in front kindly get out of the way for you 🙏

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Keep in mind that anything other than black could be subject to red or blue shift due to motion relative to the observer.

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Keep in mind that anything other than black could be subject to red or blue shift due to motion relative to the observer.
Red or blue shift depending on whether I am travelling towards or away from the observer I imagine. Does this mean that my top speed relative to the observer will be greater in Gentian Blue?

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The point is, I would like to meet the first buyer on this forum to place the order for the refresh model of any trim and why, and if dealers are offering any discounts.
My lease is up in April and I had a deposit down on a refreshed GTS, which unfortunately is yet to exist. I just swapped it this morning to grab my dealer's 4S allocation. Pricing and performance for a well spec'd '25 4S is essentially on par with a '24 GTS (at least as I had built).

So the "why" is that my lease is up and I need a new car and I really like this car. I guess I could try to get a good deal on existing inventory, but I'm fairly excited about the updates.

Somewhat related, but I do agree with the consensus that the front end of the base/4S is not an improvement, but it's all relative. I was an F80 M3 owner who was very excited for the G80 and spent many months in denial about the grill remodel. This front end change is NOTHING compared to the epically awful update made to that otherwise fantastic car. So be thankful it isn't worse...

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Me, my lease ends late summer so looking to get into a Gen2, been told no cars until 2025, surprised demand is so high.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Hi Ken, have you been given an indication of timing, I've been told next year!

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Production for sedan will start in June, production for wagons will start in October. No wonder why only few lucky guys/girls will get their GenII before year end.