Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
A quick update on this infamous 12v battery waiting.

Although my sales rep can't give any sort of timeframe for delivery, he guaranteed that each battery will be factory allocated to a specific VIN number. So no wise guys or "friends" jumping the waiting list.

At least, some comfort on this.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
A quick update on this infamous 12v battery waiting.

Although my sales rep can't give any sort of timeframe for delivery, he guaranteed that each battery will be factory allocated to a specific VIN number. So no wise guys or "friends" jumping the waiting list.

At least, some comfort on this.
Good to hear - less worried about unfavorable treatment, but rather the installing being unorganized and favoring cars that have yet to be built (since they're already on the assembly line) vs. those already completed

Have heard of some people on here whose cars kind of seemed like they were forgotten and stuck waiting for a battery, while others built after them got theirs and shipped out

pawel

First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good to hear - less worried about unfavorable treatment, but rather the installing being unorganized and favoring cars that have yet to be built (since they're already on the assembly line) vs. those already completed

Have heard of some people on here whose cars kind of seemed like they were forgotten and stuck waiting for a battery, while others built after them got theirs and shipped out
Don't know what is happening. My dealer doesn't know. Production started 27 June still not completed - planed end of production 15 September. At the same time see people getting their cars built. WTF Porsche?

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
Don't know what is happening. My dealer doesn't know. Production started 27 June still not completed - planed end of production 15 September. At the same time see people getting their cars built. WTF Porsche?
Mine has been produced and deliver @ my dealer but without the 12v battery. I did received the status change (car completed production) but can’t pick it up until the battery is finally installed by them.

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine has been produced and deliver @ my dealer but without the 12v battery.
Same here. Produced on July 15. Sitting in Germany since then. Arrived yesterday at the dealer still with no battery. They told me that Porsche should send the battery on the last week of September. I am only afraid that now that the car is out of their premises and also of their books (invoiced to the dealer already) they will care even less.

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
Same here. Produced on July 15. Sitting in Germany since then. Arrived yesterday at the dealer still with no battery. They told me that Porsche should send the battery on the last week of September. I am only afraid that now that the car is out of their premises and also of their books (invoiced to the dealer already) they will care even less.
It’s unbelievable. The issue and shortage I understand (more or less) but the lack of communication from porsche headquarters just emphasizes a very disrespectful approach to us - their most important asset.

What should be a fantastic experience, just has been a nightmare.

At least we have this forum to bitch about it 😂

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
It’s unbelievable. The issue and shortage I understand (more or less) but the lack of communication from porsche headquarters just emphasizes a very disrespectful approach to us - their most important asset.

What should be a fantastic experience, just has been a nightmare.

At least we have this forum to bitch about it 😂
I agree. It’s such a terrible experience. My car has arrived at the dealer for 3 weeks now and I have no idea when the battery will arrive nor do they know anything.

babaloo

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '21 Taycan, '19 Cayenne. '20 580S
Country flag
My TYD shows Production Complete and Ready for Transport

How does one know if the 12v battery is missing ?

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
My TYD shows Production Complete and Ready for Transport

How does one know if the 12v battery is missing ?
Your dealer will see it when they enter the VIN number to check the active campaigns for the car.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If helpful, I've kind of triangulated between various people's timelines that at least for US cars there currently seems to be about a 2 month delay after cars actually enter production vs when they are ready to get on a ship. Detailed my thoughts in another thread below, but the jist of it is that @Kaytan who had a start production date of 6/24 made it on a 8/26 US west coast bound ship, but @poppap who started production a week later at 7/2 did not make it on the same ship. If this shortage holds around the same (not getting better or worse), I expect July build starts will make it on ships sometime in September.

Unfortunately for West coast, the ships don't come as often, the next one seems to be 9/21. East coast ships seem more frequent, so can use anyone else who updates to help triangulate further for how much the delay is (IE if mid July start builds make it on the 9/1 east ship, it means a 1.5 month lag, not 2 months if a ship is readily available)

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Tirismo 4
Country flag
If helpful, I've kind of triangulated between various people's timelines that at least for US cars there currently seems to be about a 2 month delay after cars actually enter production vs when they are ready to get on a ship. Detailed my thoughts in another thread below, but the jist of it is that @Kaytan who had a start production date of 6/24 made it on a 8/26 US west coast bound ship, but @poppap who started production a week later at 7/2 did not make it on the same ship. If this shortage holds around the same (not getting better or worse), I expect July build starts will make it on ships sometime in September.

Unfortunately for West coast, the ships don't come as often, the next one seems to be 9/21. East coast ships seem more frequent, so can use anyone else who updates to help triangulate further for how much the delay is (IE if mid July start builds make it on the 9/1 east ship, it means a 1.5 month lag, not 2 months if a ship is readily available)

My was July 22nd builded still showing “ready to transfer” and 11/04 on boat.

babaloo

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '21 Taycan, '19 Cayenne. '20 580S
Country flag
so, my TYD showed production complete on August 29. On vessel to East Coast - November 4.

So, about 9-10 weeks to put on a ship !!!

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My was July 22nd builded still showing “ready to transfer” and 11/04 on boat.
Yes, mine says 11/4 on boat as well, as well as poppap. I think the 11/4 on boat is a placeholder until they can figure out battery installation, especially since both East and west coast builds are all saying 11/4, despite the shipping schedules being completely different. Same with babaloo that just posted above.

Point is that future TYD estimates are just directional guidance and not specific dates set in stone. I am hopeful and partially expect that our on vessel dates will be updated with more specific times sometime in Sept