kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
my wife corrected my response

she says “divorce level N - 1 - where “N” is the number of Porsche’s that will cause a divorce”.

I stand by my original answer as it is also correct, but my wife’s answer is more precise.
now the question is... is N a variable or a constant?

dont have as much track experience as you, but i would say subject to my skills, i do feel a lot more comfortable with the 997 on back roads compared to the Taycan.
Sponsored

Vertical

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, many other P-cars
Country flag
now the question is... is N a variable or a constant?

dont have as much track experience as you, but i would say subject to my skills, i do feel a lot more comfortable with the 997 on back roads compared to the Taycan.
N can be variable if the wife also has her own Porsches. Mine has two so my N grows to infinity. Way too much fun. I also agree with the comparison and the Taycan doesn't attract as much attention from the big tailpipe crowd on the highway.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
"N" is a time based variable - at any moment in time it's fixed but can change over time depending many many factors

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The GT3 is the best track car that you can buy that you can also drive on the street. It really isn't a street car, and isn't designed to do anything practical whatsoever.

The Taycan is the best street car you can buy, and you can drive to work, take friends out for dinner, comfortably sit in rush hour traffic, pickup the groceries or home project supplies, drive across country and carve the canyon roads. Yes, you can also drive it on the track - if you have a nearby quick charger and don't mind shredding a set of $1000 tires.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
It's pretty simple to figure the Global Wife Support Level for anything based on time of day, most recent gift, most recent thing you did wrong, and a few other variables:

main-qimg-cee30b81333a1f4a84d28ae4fa3821f7.png
I was told there would be no math.

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
I've never even been in a GT3, let alone drive one, so I am not qualified to compare owning a GT3 to a Taycan.

I have owned a number of Porsche's - the last one being a 991.1 Carrera S Cab and I can say with 100% certainly that driving that car was way more fun than waiting for my Taycan.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
And is that a Ducati next to the GT3? I'm definitely envious of anyone with both a Taycan and GT3.