2021 Taycan software update experience

qwick69

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamara Turbo, Honda NSX, Aston Vantage V12SRM, Aston Martin DBS
Country flag
Mine took a whole day to download. Had it back two days, it has now been back at the dealers for four days for them to try and fix the download !!!

Advertisement

ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne & Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picked mine up today from Porsche Preston, haven’t noticed anything different, all my settings still exist and overall a great service.

Well done Porsche Preston.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Picked mine up today from Porsche Preston, haven’t noticed anything different, all my settings still exist and overall a great service.

Well done Porsche Preston.
Are you sure they’ve done it 😉

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Mine took a whole day to download. Had it back two days, it has now been back at the dealers for four days for them to try and fix the download !!!
This is a worry. What made it apparent there was an issue?

Mines booked in for 2 weeks time as needed a loan car. Said they need for 2 days. Got a Boxster as a loaner so a bit of an anticlimax but could be worse I guess. Hopefully they are paying my petrol 😁

John89

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
my car is currently at dealership and the update is being loaded. My tech told me it takes about 10 hours in total and its "on and off". I asked him how it was going and he said "ask me tomorrow" !! We shall see tomorrow if all is well and if it worked .

abjr3939

First Name
AB JR
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Car went in on Tuesday to have the software updated they have been unsuccessful for three days to get the software download it The software times out and they have to start over they’ve now reached out to Porsche headquarters and I have now disconnected batteries to do a hard reboot to try the software again today on Friday currently Friday afternoon 5 PM it looks like the car may have taken the first software update waiting on two more updates I will need to happen hoping to have the car back on Monday

John89

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Car went in on Tuesday to have the software updated they have been unsuccessful for three days to get the software download it The software times out and they have to start over they’ve now reached out to Porsche headquarters and I have now disconnected batteries to do a hard reboot to try the software again today on Friday currently Friday afternoon 5 PM it looks like the car may have taken the first software update waiting on two more updates I will need to happen hoping to have the car back on Monday
My car took 2.5 days and module 4 was finicky. After a couple tries they got it. All seems well after the update, so far

TheFutre

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
congrats!!!
Received my call today for surgery next Thursday

My car took 2.5 days and module 4 was finicky. After a couple tries they got it. All seems well after the update, so far

Advertisement

ZYRUS

Advertisement