qwick69

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamara Turbo, Honda NSX, Aston Vantage V12SRM, Aston Martin DBS
Country flag
Mine took a whole day to download. Had it back two days, it has now been back at the dealers for four days for them to try and fix the download !!!
Sponsored

ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S and ID.4
Country flag
Picked mine up today from Porsche Preston, haven’t noticed anything different, all my settings still exist and overall a great service.

Well done Porsche Preston.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Picked mine up today from Porsche Preston, haven’t noticed anything different, all my settings still exist and overall a great service.

Are you sure they’ve done it ?

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Mine took a whole day to download. Had it back two days, it has now been back at the dealers for four days for them to try and fix the download !!!
This is a worry. What made it apparent there was an issue?

Mines booked in for 2 weeks time as needed a loan car. Said they need for 2 days. Got a Boxster as a loaner so a bit of an anticlimax but could be worse I guess. Hopefully they are paying my petrol ?

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my car is currently at dealership and the update is being loaded. My tech told me it takes about 10 hours in total and its "on and off". I asked him how it was going and he said "ask me tomorrow" !! We shall see tomorrow if all is well and if it worked .

abjr3939

First Name
AB JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Car went in on Tuesday to have the software updated they have been unsuccessful for three days to get the software download it The software times out and they have to start over they’ve now reached out to Porsche headquarters and I have now disconnected batteries to do a hard reboot to try the software again today on Friday currently Friday afternoon 5 PM it looks like the car may have taken the first software update waiting on two more updates I will need to happen hoping to have the car back on Monday

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car went in on Tuesday to have the software updated they have been unsuccessful for three days to get the software download it The software times out and they have to start over they’ve now reached out to Porsche headquarters and I have now disconnected batteries to do a hard reboot to try the software again today on Friday currently Friday afternoon 5 PM it looks like the car may have taken the first software update waiting on two more updates I will need to happen hoping to have the car back on Monday
My car took 2.5 days and module 4 was finicky. After a couple tries they got it. All seems well after the update, so far

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
congrats!!!
Received my call today for surgery next Thursday

My car took 2.5 days and module 4 was finicky. After a couple tries they got it. All seems well after the update, so far

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
as you can probably imagine, the software that runs a high performance EV built to take on the world is, well, pretty complicated. Porsche says that it can build the update easily, but sending it out their service network and getting them to successfully apply it with all the vital checks will take some time…

abjr3939

First Name
AB JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag

abjr3939

First Name
AB JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Pickup the my taycan on Monday and everything is now working ok ✅

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
Mine went in 9.00am last Thursday for the 4hr update and it was still with them midday Friday, at which point I was told the update had “fried” the PCM and it needed a replacement unit, which was on back order from Germany. Apparently it was the third such issue with a Taycan.
My MY20 went in yesterday for the updates and have just found out it is completely dead and will do nothing. They don't know why!! It was perfect before and now is just a brick. They have to give me an update tomorrow by 3pm but not looking good at all....

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag

Pocked mine up today. Left it yesterday but don’t think they did anything until today.As you say can’t notice any difference and all settings the same. Didn’t even plug it in to charger whilst doing it. Thought I might of got a free charge! All fairly pain free. Think sport sound may have come on without me having to push my short cut button but can’t be sure yet of any changes. See more tomorrow morning when I start her up!

abjr3939

First Name
AB JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Sponsored