abjr3939

First Name
AB JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hello all what I have noticed is now when you pull up to your home the home link pops up on the screen nice added to the software update.
also what I have noticed is I no longer have the calendar and the weather Icon on the center display as an option ? has anyone also experience the same thing?
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Hello all what I have noticed is now when you pull up to your home the home link pops up on the screen nice added to the software update.
also what I have noticed is I no longer have the calendar and the weather Icon on the center display as an option ? has anyone also experience the same thing?
Did you already download and install the post-update OTA data?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have also observed that the "News" app is no longer available on the passenger screen. It's been long enough now that I don't think it's an update issue. It also appears on my main screen. Not that the app is that useful...

B_TaycanTurbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Took my 2020 Turbo (delivered back in Aug) in for the update a week ago. The dealership called me a few hours later to say they were still working on a Taycan from the previous day that had issues with the update and they would not start mine until they figured out the issues.
They asked me to come back in and pick my car back up and they would let me know when they figured out this update and were ready for mine.

They called back on Thursday and let me know I could come back Monday and drop it off at the end of the day. They wanted it at the end of the day so they could start it immediately the next morning as they say it will take upwards of ten hours. The dealership also said that if I brought it in with 40% to 60% charge it would be great as that apparently helps with the software update. Anyone heard anything about this charge level being helpful for the update?

Dropping off tomorrow afternoon and hoping to pick up the next day but expecting this could take a few days.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
I took my MY2020 in for the update just under a week ago. They started the update and then had their dealership software system crash. They say they cannot finish the update or even process new service requests. Since the update is half done, I cannot get my car. They don't have an ETA on when their dealership software will be back up so this could take some time.

I am driving a loaner base Macan. Holy cow I had forgotten how miserable the acceleration is on a car like that. It is always sitting in 6th gear with zero power unless I override the gear selection. Even in the right gear the thing has limited acceleration.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I took my MY2020 in for the update just under a week ago. They started the update and then had their dealership software system crash. They say they cannot finish the update or even process new service requests. Since the update is half done, I cannot get my car. They don't have an ETA on when their dealership software will be back up so this could take some time.

I am driving a loaner base Macan. Holy cow I had forgotten how miserable the acceleration is on a car like that. It is always sitting in 6th gear with zero power unless I override the gear selection. Even in the right gear the thing has limited acceleration.
Don't be too hard on the Macan. Everything has limited acceleration once you've driven the Taycan...:p

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Mine went in last Wed, scheduled for Friday pick up. Got a call that their software crashed in the second half of the update and didn't take. Left over weekend, just got noticed it is all done and ready for pick up and no issues. Will report more, but it seems it was relatively painless, except having to restart a whole sequence after crash. And mine is a very early launch vehicle.

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Pocked mine up today. Left it yesterday but don’t think they did anything until today.As you say can’t notice any difference and all settings the same. Didn’t even plug it in to charger whilst doing it. Thought I might of got a free charge! All fairly pain free. Think sport sound may have come on without me having to push my short cut button but can’t be sure yet of any changes. See more tomorrow morning when I start her up!
Mine been in 3 times and not put a charge into on each occasion, which surprised me.

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just spoke to my dealer (outside of Boston) as my 4S has been sitting at the port for a week. I asked about the update and he thought the car should have been updated at the factory (production completed on 3/15). He said he would check when it arrives though if it doesn’t have it, he recommends waiting and not doing it right away. Apparently they have a bunch of cars that have been sitting there for a week unable to download the software.

Anyone take delivery recently with the update already installed and if so, what was the production date? Sorry if I missed a discussion of this in this or another thread. Thnx

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok picked up car, everything except user login is gone, but no problem. Even seat memory. Like some said the top row icons are gone in center console display, just pull them up again with bars under sync but when parked.

Some immediate observations:

Everything is snappier.

Love the more info on routes display.

Clearer marked graphics on maps.

Actual graphic instructions in the instrument panel for navigation is awesome.

abjr3939

First Name
AB JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I took the vehicle back and it looks like they forgot to complete all the installation of the software update once that was done all the icons came back on weather calendar news I now have it all back

Maxfield

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Mine went in 9.00am last Thursday for the 4hr update and it was still with them midday Friday, at which point I was told the update had “fried” the PCM and it needed a replacement unit, which was on back order from Germany. Apparently it was the third such issue with a Taycan.
My Taycan went in for the software update and a dash cam fitting. Eight weeks later its still in the dealers. Beware Taycan owners!!!!

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My Taycan went in for the software update and a dash cam fitting. Eight weeks later its still in the dealers. Beware Taycan owners!!!!
Sounds like a lemon law claim.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Most of us have had great service experiences. Can you give us any more detail about when you bought your car, what happened, why is it stuck at dealer, which dealer?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Most of us have had great service experiences. Can you give us any more detail about when you bought your car, what happened, why is it stuck at dealer, which dealer?
@Maxfield posted this - 1st message (only) on the boards and is in the UK not US - so lemon laws are different - from my participation on the board sounds like buy backs are possible in the UK but I don’t know any details.
Sponsored