2023 Taycan 4s Build

Swifts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X6, 2022 Ford F150 Limited
Country flag
I place an order for a 2023 Taycan 4s just last month, was told it may take 10 month. I may end up getting an allocation for the 2024 model and we don’t know what option packages it will have so this is my build for the 2023 model. Let me know if you recommend changing anything

I don’t really need the performance battery since I won’t be driving long range in the Taycan but think it will be better for resell.

Either I get the Performance Battery Plus or Heads up Display and Variable Lighting Control Panoramic Glass Roof.

19” Taycan S Aero Wheels for Winter and Vossen HF-5 for summer (I live in Calgary and the weather is weird here)
Porsche Taycan 2023 Taycan 4s Build Taycan Spec2.JPG
Porsche Taycan 2023 Taycan 4s Build Taycan Spec1.JPG

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m pretty anti big battery for resale sake, but I think between those options is an obvious choice. VLC is super cool, but a nice to have. Even in Texas I’ve never needed extra shade on the roof. Plus I’d be worried about it with your winters.

I’m guessing you’re worried about ice re the power charge door?

otherwise, I say nice build.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice build overall, and the Performance Package is definitely a great call.

I have the SportDesign Package and though fairly subtle features does make the car look cooler, especially with White or Carrera White Metallic. Would probably get that instead of the VLC panorama roof.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Don't underestimate the impact winter temperatures (and winter tyres) will have on an EV's range. Sometimes the larger battery is for winter.

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
For the life of me I don't think I can option anything less than 20's or 21's on this car. Great build regardless though!

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For the life of me I don't think I can option anything less than 20's or 21's on this car. Great build regardless though!
Agree - initially thought the 20 Sport Aero were more than enough but after a few months starting to reconsider:)

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
VLC is a nice gimmick to show off how cool it is. In reality, how often are you going to change the settings?

If you're already debating it because of budget reasons, get the standard pano, tint with it with the most reflective UV tint and call it a day.

OP
OP

Swifts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Only for the winter season will I use the stock rims, planning on ordering 21' Vossen HF-5's for the summer.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Yeah, living in Canada, I feel like VLC isn't that useful since I think it has biggest utility in hot areas with intense sun. As others mentioned given range takes a hit in the cold, having the larger battery vs. VLC is a no brainer living in Canada.

Not worth getting the 19.2kw charger, unless your house has 3 phase power (very few residential homes do, and is not really feasible to add). Most houses top out at providing 9.6kw (sometimes 12kw) of charging capacity, so can't even provide the extra charging speed that this option enables over the standard 11kw

I'd personally get adaptive cruise control, but depends on your driving habits. I wouldn't buy a car without it, since in stop and go traffic it's very nice to have. Living in Calgary, maybe you don't have much traffic

I think performance package is a slight question mark, given I've heard PDCC isn't really a must have particularly with how expensive it is. But also won't say you shouldn't the package given the other items in there most people who get it enjoy (RAS, Sport Chrono, PTV+) so you're getting PDCC at a pretty big discount

OP
OP

Swifts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, living in Canada, I feel like VLC isn't that useful since I think it has biggest utility in hot areas with intense sun. As others mentioned given range takes a hit in the cold, having the larger battery vs. VLC is a no brainer living in Canada.

Not worth getting the 19.2kw charger, unless your house has 3 phase power (very few residential homes do, and is not really feasible to add). Most houses top out at providing 9.6kw (sometimes 12kw) of charging capacity, so can't even provide the extra charging speed that this option enables over the standard 11kw

I'd personally get adaptive cruise control, but depends on your driving habits. I wouldn't buy a car without it, since in stop and go traffic it's very nice to have. Living in Calgary, maybe you don't have much traffic

I think performance package is a slight question mark, given I've heard PDCC isn't really a must have particularly with how expensive it is. But also won't say you shouldn't the package given the other items in there most people who get it enjoy (RAS, Sport Chrono, PTV+) so you're getting PDCC at a pretty big discount
I currently have 2 shops that can support the 19.2kw charger but still got lots of time to change it if it really isn't that useful, I wasn't going to get the performance package originally but since I already optioned for RAS, Sports Chrono package, and Electric sound, the price to add PDCC and PTV+ was only about $3400 (CAD) more.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I currently have 2 shops that can support the 19.2kw charger but still got lots of time to change it if it really isn't that useful, I wasn't going to get the performance package originally but since I already optioned for RAS, Sports Chrono package, and Electric sound, the price to add PDCC and PTV+ was only about $3400 (CAD) more.
Ah I see - yeah if you have a shop / industrial building that supports 19.2kw it could make more sense. At the same time, if you're not driving that far on a daily basis, not sure if the extra charging rate matters, as you'll always be able to top up a full charge overnight when sleeping at home. It'd only make sense if you drove like 200km+ per day using the shop as a base of operations, and thus needed the faster charging speed (for example if you were like a real estate agent that drove a lot and was constantly in and out of the office)

On performance pack, yeah I see what you mean. I think PTV+ is more useful than PDCC - think you could save some money here but if you're not too sensitive to cost, I'm not against getting the pack as well

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The entire performance package is worth it. One of the three must haves for me, along with Mission E wheels, and a hardtop.

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
You live in a cold climate. Do yourself a favor and option the larger battery. First cold day today in NJ at only 47 degrees and already a noticeable drop in range.
Sponsored