4S - Performance Battery Plus - Yes or No?

Will you get the performance battery plus on the 4S?

• Total voters

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Hi, I am just about to place my order, currently with the perf battery plus. Given this will be through salary sacrifice, resale vales are not an issue. My reason for adding was the 800v architecture that will speed up charging and increases performance, which the smaller battery does not have.. There is not much out there on what charge times are for the smaller battery and the dealers in the UK are not sure either. Does anyone have details on the differences?

Performance wise I found this (10% more hp is a lot more than just a larger battery).
Though the 4S is one model, it'll be offered with two different power levels. The standard version has a single-layer, 79.2-kilowatt-hour battery, with 429 horsepower (522 hp on overboost in launch control) and 472 pound-feet of torque. The Performance Battery Plus option, however, has the two-layer, 93.4-kWh battery from the Taycan Turbo and Turbo S, delivering 482 hp (563 hp on overboost) and 479 lb-ft in this application.
You seem to think the smaller battery does not have the 800V system. This is very incorrect. In regard to charging the max charge rate is 270kw/h for the larger battery and 225kw/h for the smaller battery. Both of these rates are very fast.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
You seem to think the smaller battery does not have the 800V system. This is very incorrect. In regard to charging the max charge rate is 270kw/h for the larger battery and 225kw/h for the smaller battery. Both of these rates are very fast.
Hi, thanks for the response. You are right I did think the smaller battery was not 800v. When you add the performance battery as an option on the configurator and click on the 'i' for more information it states:-
'Larger battery with increased performance and total capacity of 93.4kWh (gross). 5 additional modules (33 module total battery) with higher voltage system enabling increased power output and higher maximum charging speeds.'
and whenever 800v was mentioned it was talking about the Turbo, Turbo S of Performance Battery. Good to hear that the smaller is also 800v, thanks. I will have to review if I should tick that upgrade box now.

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
Order placed. I left the Performance Battery pack on, I know I would regret being tight if I left it off.
Just hoping the delivery is not a year away!

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I left the Performance Battery pack on, I know I would regret being tight if I left it off.
You made the right decision, IMHO. The 4S is my daily car and more range means more lazyness :)!

Cheers,
Henrik

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Order placed. I left the Performance Battery pack on, I know I would regret being tight if I left it off.
Just hoping the delivery is not a year away!
You mean performance battery PLUS I hope. The performance battery is the standard smaller one.

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
[

No...should i? To be fair Its too late now anyway, The car has been on order since November. I can't change anything anyway. You'll see me on the side of the road out of juice gutted that I didn't pay for the extra 35 miles of battery :angry:
In the end I changed my order to the battery + 93kw...delivery delayed from June to October.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Wow, does nobody care about the extra 180 lbs it adds?

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
You seem to think the smaller battery does not have the 800V system. This is very incorrect.
Hi, thanks for the response. You are right I did think the smaller battery was not 800v.
Actually, you were right all along @Silverback. The smaller battery is 613V, the larger battery is 723V. Straight from Porsche specs:

https://press.porsche.com/download/...d?OpenAgent&attachmentid=1787280&previewpdf=1

This reminds me of gas engines that mis-advertise their displacement.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Actually, you were right all along @Silverback. The smaller battery is 613V, the larger battery is 723V. Straight from Porsche specs:

https://press.porsche.com/download/...d?OpenAgent&attachmentid=1787280&previewpdf=1

This reminds me of gas engines that mis-advertise their displacement.
I would not categories this as "mis-advertise". Both batteries operate on an 800V system. More modules, have high voltage. Voltage fluctuates within a discharge cycle from 3.0V (empty) to 4.2V (full).
Sponsored