4S - Performance Battery Plus - Yes or No?

Will you get the performance battery plus on the 4S?

• Total voters

Penners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery 5
Country flag
kerb view parking with the seats? I don’t see that listed anywhere? Can you please direct me to where you
Porsche Taycan 4S - Performance Battery Plus - Yes or No? 6F5082FF-D878-4F2F-8AA2-E27625B75535
Screenshot from configurator attached (you need to click on the “i” to see what is included with the various options)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Ok guys I have paid the £4600 based on 80% saying yes and 20% saying no!

I don’t want to be left with a less desirable car come resale as have been bitten by this on my Ferrari 458 that would just not sell as it did not have the mandatory carbon seats! Took me a year trying to sell it and eventually had to sell at a big loss to a dealer!
Better to play safe this time :)

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok guys I have paid the £4600 based on 80% saying yes and 20% saying no!

I don’t want to be left with a less desirable car come resale as have been bitten by this on my Ferrari 458 that would just not sell as it did not have the mandatory carbon seats! Took me a year trying to sell it and eventually had to sell at a big loss to a dealer!
Better to play safe this time :)
lol. I hope you’re not buying this car for it’s resale value. That’s not going to work out.

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
lol. I hope you’re not buying this car for it’s resale value. That’s not going to work out.
Of course not, who would buy a £110k car thinking about resale value? I’m being spec cautious as have had issues where car’s have stuck in the past and are unsellable.

A Range Rover Sport without a Panoramic Roof is another example that caused no end of issues selling.

Dealers and my gut instinct tell me that a car without the battery plus will be bad news for resale. I guess we’ll all just have to see :)

Each to their own at the end of the day but that’s my take on things :)

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Each to their own views on the merits of specing the performance plus battery but I'm saving the money.
The weight saving of 80KG will help handling and I believe 2nd hand buyers will gladly save £4613 for the sake of losing 30 miles range.

Last edited:

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Screenshot from configurator attached (you need to click on the “i” to see what is included with the various options)

Hi Guys
What’s kerb view parking?
Is it the same as surround view?

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi Guys
What’s kerb view parking?
Is it the same as surround view?
Don’t think so. Kerb view parking is when the side view mirror tilts down when you put the car in reverse..

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Don’t think so. Kerb view parking is when the side view mirror tilts down when you put the car in reverse..

That makes sense, I’ve got surround view on my spec and would have removed and added the sports seats if it was the same

Stupid thing is kerb view, electric mirrors etc should be standard on a car that price!

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Even leather should be standard!

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Dealer told me today that Finance deals in the 4S pass most of the cost of the performance plus battery back to the buyer on the basis that it helps the residual value. No other option has the same impact on Financing apparently.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealer told me today that Finance deals in the 4S pass most of the cost of the performance plus battery back to the buyer on the basis that it helps the residual value. No other option has the same impact on Financing apparently.

I can confirm this, I’ve got quotes for both and the performance plus battery adds £2,800 on settlement figure on a 3yr 15,000m pa PCP

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Each to their own predictions but I'm saving the money.
The weight saving of 80KG will help handling and I believe 2nd hand buyers will gladly save £4613 for the sake of losing 30 miles range.

Also the specs show that the smaller battery version has lower electricity consumption no doubt because of the lower weight of the vehicle.
Sponsored