8 - 10 Weeks delay

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Just got an email from Porsche Norway that the production of Taycan is delayed by 8 - 10 Weeks due complexity in the production.
Sponsored

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Just got an email from Porsche Norway that the production of Taycan is delayed by 8 - 10 Weeks due complexity in the production.
I think there’s a problem with the translation from German to Norwegian to English.

here’s how it should have read: ”...production of Taycan is delayed by 8 - 10 Weeks due to bad planning.”

Overheard at the factory, “Which end of these is +? The end with the bump or the flat end?”

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
I think there’s a problem with the translation from German to Norwegian to English.

here’s how it should have read: ”...production of Taycan is delayed by 8 - 10 Weeks due to bad planning.”

Overheard at the factory, “Which end of these is +? The end with the bump or the flat end?”
Here is the full Google translate from Norwegian to English:
Delays in production

Taycan is our first fully electric sports car. The car is developed from scratch and manufactured in a brand new factory. All Porsche employees have worked with full pressure to start delivering Taycan as scheduled in January. Still, as a result of the enormous complexity surrounding the production of Taycan, we must report that unfortunately the delivery dates are somewhat delayed.
We currently expect delays of around eight to ten weeks, and a new production time for your car will be communicated through your seller as soon as this is ready. We strongly apologize and guarantee that we will do everything we can to deliver your Porsche Taycan as soon as possible.
Between the lines you've right it's bad planningo_O

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
Here we go, just to sit back and wait for further delays. It's not without reason the contracts in Norway has no estimated delivery date since that would open up for loaner cars and cancellations without economic penalties.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On the plus side, you have received infinity more communication than I have from Porsche USA.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Its interesting…….. I wonder if the Porsche stock will fall as much as TESLA stock does when they report a delay or a production "constraint" of some sort...…….

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Its interesting…….. I wonder if the Porsche stock will fall as much as TESLA stock does when they report a delay or a production "constraint" of some sort...…….
There really isn't Porsche stock. VW makes a lot of cars, so the perception of issues with the Taycan on Porsche/VW stock is quite minimal. They won't be making very much money on this car, but they make money on others.

Tesla, on the other hand, has to try to prove that it can someday make money on their few cars.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Delayed for all markets, the factory runs only at 60% it takes longer time to build than they predicted. 8-10 weeks now. My car pushed from late mars to late may..

Jraeven

First Name
Joop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo (cab), Cayenne S, AMG GT-C, Audi R8
Country flag
Got the same news here in Belgium. According to some rumors here the delay is caused by the paint line. At the moment all bodies are send to Leipzig and returned painted to Zuffenhause? I do not know if this is correct though. Lets wait and see untlil I get the offical annoucement of my Porsche dealer.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I heard it´s the door problem, to get them fit right, long manual process..

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
...Tesla, on the other hand, has to try to prove that it can someday make money on their few cars.
Funny how it is Porsche which is having issues here and it somehow STILL comes back to bashing Telsla.

The Porsche forums "hate" Tesla. The BMW forums "hate" Tesla. Pretty much everybody hates Tesla. ICE drivers hate EV's and so on...

I guess if they weren't such a dominant and disrupting entity they wouldn't be hated/feared so much!

Here's to insecurity!

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I am a huge Tesla fan. I wasn't trying to bash Tesla. My point was a simple one about stock. Tesla stock is volatile and responds quickly to their production issues because their three cars are really the sum total of their credible business (I am aware of their other businesses, which we in the industry view as interesting "hobbies" for now.). So news about their car production has a huge impact on their stock price, while news about their solar tiles elicits something of a market shrug.

I was simply responding to the question of what happens to Tesla stock vs. Porsche stock when bad production news comes out. While there is such a thing as "Porsche stock," it is essentially a basket of VW stock, and therefore rises and falls with the prospects of VW overall, not just Porsche. (This is why the Porsche stock collapsed when Dieselgate was happening.) As a consequence, the Taycan is more analogous to Tesla's solar tiles when it comes to VW's overall book of business TODAY. Someday, it could be a big piece as they expand the utilization of the platform to the Audi e-Tron GT, etc. It just isn't that today.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interesting in that my dealer just checked my Order info and no dates have changed from the detail originally provided. Manufacture begins 20-Dec and goes on the boat in Feb for its voyage to Houston.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Interesting in that my dealer just checked my Order info and no dates have changed from the detail originally provided. Manufacture begins 20-Dec and goes on the boat in Feb for its voyage to Houston.
The have not updated the dates, but they will so sad.
Sponsored