First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hello,

I'm looking for good screen protector to put on the AC and navigation display. I do not like the Anti-glare ones that looks a bit mat but want to keep the shinny of the original screen.
Any idea of the brands RUIYA and YEE PIN available on Amazon or any others?
thanks

Porsche Taycan AC and Navigation screen protection 1631313085454
Sponsored

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Hello,

I'm looking for good screen protector to put on the AC and navigation display. I do not like the Anti-glare ones that looks a bit mat but want to keep the shinny of the original screen.
Any idea of the brands RUIYA and YEE PIN available on Amazon or any others?
thanks

1631313085454.png
Xpel makes an excellent interior kit. I have it installed, and mine includes the passenger display and instrument cluster display. It's glossy, protects nicely, and is easy to clean. I use this to wipe the finger-smudges and dust clear with a quick swipe whenever I want, like usually when the sun comes glaring on it (this doesn't activate any of the touch functions, because the inner sponge keeps your fingers far enough off the surface). The visibility with the film installed is excellent. The kit also covers the other glossy parts, that is the piano-black areas. I'm very happy with it.

OP
OP

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Xpel makes an excellent interior kit. I have it installed, and mine includes the passenger display and instrument cluster display. It's glossy, protects nicely, and is easy to clean. I use this to wipe the finger-smudges and dust clear with a quick swipe whenever I want, like usually when the sun comes glaring on it (this doesn't activate any of the touch functions, because the inner sponge keeps your fingers far enough off the surface). The visibility with the film installed is excellent. The kit also covers the other glossy parts, that is the piano-black areas. I'm very happy with it.

Xpel is great. Thanks for the information

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Say away from Chinese/Taiwanese crap on Amazon/ebay. I got one and it didn't stick at all. Xpel interior film is the way to go.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you have a link to a preferred purchase site for the Xpel interior solution? I wouldn't mind picking it up to have it ready when I take possession this month. I just snagged the chemical guys applicator you recommended.

Thanks in advance!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I'd def trust the Xpel option for sure but for addl. ref I actually (in my impatience and pre-delivery excitement!) bought a kit sold by SunCoast made by RSD Perf. Products (Product ScreenTech Pro ID ScreenTayVer2).

Blurb states "Advanced optically clear Hi_Res film, scratch resistant, Oleophobic coating (anti-fingerprint), low friction surface (touch friendly), bubble free, non-permanent (no residue, removable)" etc. etc.
No car yet so can't attest to look/effectiveness but single kit covers all screens incl Passenger screen if car equipped.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd def trust the Xpel option for sure but for addl. ref I actually (in my impatience and pre-delivery excitement!) bought a kit sold by SunCoast made by RSD Perf. Products (Product ScreenTech Pro ID ScreenTayVer2).

Blurb states "Advanced optically clear Hi_Res film, scratch resistant, Oleophobic coating (anti-fingerprint), low friction surface (touch friendly), bubble free, non-permanent (no residue, removable)" etc. etc.
No car yet so can't attest to look/effectiveness but single kit covers all screens incl Passenger screen if car equipped.
You aren't the only person. I've been slowly buying up little things here and there from various places like suncoast and getporscheparts while biding my time watching TYD :) It's made the waiting period for the last couple months more enjoyable with little things arriving every once in a while.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

Meant to add a link - curiously the one for the CT4S interior accessories not there but it is under the CT4 interior accessories - exact same screens.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/spftay.html

Porsche Taycan AC and Navigation screen protection Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 12.20.45 PM

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
This is the one I got and used. Fits great and easy to install.

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 21.02.06.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 21.02.35.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 21.04.24.png
Does the install process require water? That was my fear of getting some water in the electronics (thought I read someone had an installer do it and fried some electronics installing the interior ppf).

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Does the install process require water? That was my fear of getting some water in the electronics (thought I read someone had an installer do it and fried some electronics installing the interior ppf).
No..just the usual tape on screen method to ensure lint and debris is removed then use of cleaner spray for your screen to ensure they are clean and dry while you place them and get them centered and squeegee out the bubbles. Easy install...all three screens took me maybe 20 mins to do afterwork one afternoon in the parking lot! :)
Sponsored