NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
I hope to be able to provide some data into this conversation within a week assuming a truck is available to pick up my car from port. It’s really hot in Austin this weekend. 🥵
Congrats on the delivery!! If I remember correctly didn’t you have you Mamba green CT on the Felicity Ace? If so that’s rapid production… but I’m sure it wasn’t for you. Enjoy!!!
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Congrats on the delivery!! If I remember correctly didn’t you have you Mamba green CT on the Felicity Ace? If so that’s rapid production… but I’m sure it wasn’t for you. Enjoy!!!
Thanks, yes I did have a Mamba Green CT4 on Felicity Ace. The car I’m picking up soon is not the 2nd build of the Mamba Green car but instead a Chalk CT4 that was a dealer spec. I still don’t have a build date for the replacement of the Mamba that was lost at sea.

NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
Thanks, yes I did have a Mamba Green CT4 on Felicity Ace. The car I’m picking up soon is not the 2nd build of the Mamba Green car but instead a Chalk CT4 that was a dealer spec. I still don’t have a build date for the replacement of the Mamba that was lost at sea.
Still a worthy color!! Are you getting the “Mamba” as well? First rule of spending… why get just one when you can have two at twice the price!!

Last edited:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still a worthy color!! Are you getting the “Mamba” as well? First rule of spending… why get just one when you can have two at twice the price!!
Haha, I like the way you think. The plan right now is to sell the Chalk one when the Mamba finally arrives.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Haha, I like the way you think. The plan right now is to sell the Chalk one when the Mamba finally arrives.
Congrats on being able to find and secure a temporary replacement - not easy these days - enjoy!

kwh estate

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 cross turismo 4
Country flag
hey everyone - my AC has never cooled properly since day 1 did not notice until a few weeks ago since I took delivery in Dec 2021, unfortunately there is a part that needs to be replaced in order for the system to cool my 2022 CT4 - I ll be garaging it soon as the temps rise and I ll be driving a rental for the summer until this part gets manufactured and delivered to US.

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I am not sure, but I think I've noticed a difference in AC performance depending on which driving mode the car is in (Normal, Range, Sport) as well as the battery temperature. Just after a heavy DC fast charging the AC output in the car is meh, and I suspect it is because the AC is actively working to cool the battery. When in Range mode the AC is also a bit lazy. Obviously if you have the AC on ECO mode then you're further shooting yourself in the foot...

Finally, as with all cars AC is not magic; it relies on radiators to disperse the heat. So when you are sitting in traffic and there's very little airflow over the AC radiators then the car cannot dump the heat outside as easily... therefore the AC in the car doesn't fully perform.

TLDR; if you really want to see if you AC is working then drive in Normal mode with a battery that is at less than 30º celsius and at steady driving speeds of around 30mph. AC air blowing in the car when on Low setting should be ≤10º celsius.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
it should be at way below 10°C even if your car is standing still. That's why car's have fans blowing the radiators :)

Goldbros

First Name
Goldbros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Heard back from dealer and apparently it is the AC pressure sensors. Hope this takes care of it.

Car still in for front seatbelts recall and checking the battery as it stalled several months ago. No issues until a couple weeks ago when the feared message appeared again.
Hopefully these are not symptoms of a bigger problem cause the car is a blast to drive.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Heard back from dealer and apparently it is the AC pressure sensors. Hope this takes care of it.
Are you sure? The sensor issue was apparently fixed the first week of 2021 so in theory any car built after that date would be ok.

Goldbros

First Name
Goldbros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I picked my car from the lot inventory in July 21 so assume it went into production after the sensor issue was addressed.

Of course I’m not sure but I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. They have been really good to me (after some initial hiccups)…

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I picked up my CT4 yesterday in Louisville KY. It was a hot day with temps between 90-95 and high humidity. The A/C works great and has no problem at all keeping the vehicle cool. I do NOT have the insulated glass and I have a black interior.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I might be an idiot. I've started changing from "diffused" to "focused" when it feels like it's not keeping up, and that seems to do the trick.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
I might be an idiot. I've started changing from "diffused" to "focused" when it feels like it's not keeping up, and that seems to do the trick.
Noticed the same after a recent 400 mile trip in moderate heat. Got tired of being blown on and went to diffused. It was OK, but only if I bumped up the fan speed manually. Eco mode.

Goldbros

First Name
Goldbros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I got my car back. Was told it was the sensor and after replacement AC has been working for a few days.

They didn’t have supplies (tape or whatever the fix) for the front seatbelt recall yet
Sponsored