Alarm keeps going off

WilderAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
After troubleshooting the problem I found a solution that worked for me. It seems that the alarm is set off when the My Porsche app connects to the PCM. This is done continuously in the background by the app. Deleting the app solved the problem.
I also use the Connect app but this app doesn’t seem to connect to the PCM unless you start the app. Starting the Connect app sets off the alarm a couple of seconds later.
So the solution is, delete the My Porsche app on your phone and don’t use the Connect app when the car alarm is activated.
I have only the Connect app and have experienced the alarm issue even when that app is closed and inactive.
Sponsored

Max Attack

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4
Country flag
After troubleshooting the problem I found a solution that worked for me. It seems that the alarm is set off when the My Porsche app connects to the PCM. This is done continuously in the background by the app. Deleting the app solved the problem.
I also use the Connect app but this app doesn’t seem to connect to the PCM unless you start the app. Starting the Connect app sets off the alarm a couple of seconds later.
So the solution is, delete the My Porsche app on your phone and don’t use the Connect app when the car alarm is activated.
It's 1:55 AM in Helsinki, and unfortunately I can report that the alarm went off on its own. It's very windy and the car its outside, but nothing close to a storm, just gusts of wind.

I don't have Connect app anymore in my phone, just My Porsche that was updated recently. I Didn't fiddle with the phone or app.

I have scheduled a pre-heat for 8:10 AM, but that is 6 hours away and as it is +4 C it is unlikely that the preheat starting kicked off to trigger alarm, as somebody here reported for a cause in his case. However, charging has probably just reached its 85% preset limit and My Porsche does report strangely on the apps charging screen "departure at 2:23 AM" although the timer is set to 8:10.

So I'll be back to double clicking, with the following thoughts:
- In my case, Connect app is gone, My Porsche app is just updated, but alarm going off persists
- I didn't fiddle with phone, app nor My Porsche website at the time the alarm went off
- Car is plugged in to 3,7 kW charger, outside and alarm going off coincided at least somewhat with charging reaching profile preset 85% limit, can't tell if it was exact or just coincidental
- Ambient temperature, though above freezing, is low at+4C, so there might be some sort of a battery heating cycle starting at the alarm time, as active timer is preset at 8:10 AM departure, but not interior heating yet
- Gusts of heavy wind, but nothing close to an extraordinary storm where going off could be deemed acceptable.

So if it is has something other than just faulty sensor or sensor software, for me it seems not to be the app. If the trigger is more complex than a sensor fault from seemingly random cause (wind, temp, IR light source blinks in the neighborhood or something similar for a bad trigger-happy sensor), it seems rather that it is a faulty response to battery heater cycle starting or charger reaching preset limit.

Peterp100

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Tesla Model S
Country flag
It's 1:55 AM in Helsinki, and unfortunately I can report that the alarm went off on its own. It's very windy and the car its outside, but nothing close to a storm, just gusts of wind.

I don't have Connect app anymore in my phone, just My Porsche that was updated recently. I Didn't fiddle with the phone or app.

I have scheduled a pre-heat for 8:10 AM, but that is 6 hours away and as it is +4 C it is unlikely that the preheat starting kicked off to trigger alarm, as somebody here reported for a cause in his case. However, charging has probably just reached its 85% preset limit and My Porsche does report strangely on the apps charging screen "departure at 2:23 AM" although the timer is set to 8:10.

So I'll be back to double clicking, with the following thoughts:
- In my case, Connect app is gone, My Porsche app is just updated, but alarm going off persists
- I didn't fiddle with phone, app nor My Porsche website at the time the alarm went off
- Car is plugged in to 3,7 kW charger, outside and alarm going off coincided at least somewhat with charging reaching profile preset 85% limit, can't tell if it was exact or just coincidental
- Ambient temperature, though above freezing, is low at+4C, so there might be some sort of a battery heating cycle starting at the alarm time, as active timer is preset at 8:10 AM departure, but not interior heating yet
- Gusts of heavy wind, but nothing close to an extraordinary storm where going off could be deemed acceptable.

So if it is has something other than just faulty sensor or sensor software, for me it seems not to be the app. If the trigger is more complex than a sensor fault from seemingly random cause (wind, temp, IR light source blinks in the neighborhood or something similar for a bad trigger-happy sensor), it seems rather that it is a faulty response to battery heater cycle starting or charger reaching preset limit.
I agree with everything you are mentioning. This seems to be something with the car communicating back to the servers. Conditions seems to be.
  1. Car Registered to a Porsche ID (This didn't happen to me until the Porsche ID issue I had was resolved and I logged in)
  2. A timer is set that includes charging and or Pre Cool/Heat
The Alarm is triggered for me when
  • Charging Starts
  • Pre Cool/Heat starts
By dissabling the alarm on the myporsche website as described earlier I seem to be able to stop the alarm going off during charge start. However the pre cool/heat became an issue as I was still getting notifications in my app that it started and my alarm would go off at the same time.

I don't have the car at the moment but this weekend will try turning off all pre cool/heat on the timers. I'll report back if I get an alarm.

We need a permanent fix for this from Porsche and not more workarounds / experimenting.

Thanks,

-Peter

Max Attack

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4
Country flag
This is getting even more difficult to pin down. Today I parked in a warm shopping centre indoor car park (+10C in car park, around 0C outside. 80% charge) without plugging in, so no charging. No presets, timers or anything. Didn't use the double click.

I made it to the elevator door about 50 m away, when I heard the alarm going off, rightly guessing it was mine. So I went back round the corner, had a view open to the car on the other side of the park blinking and beeping away. So I could confirm that it wasn't another car bumping or somebody trying to get in. Fairly close behind though was an elderly lady with grocery bags that in theory could have leaned to the car when passing a narrow lane right next to it, but I didn't try and run to ask her if there had been a contact between her and the car. And if yes, had it been a heavy one or just a touch with the bag.

So no clarity. As far as I see, no charging or pre-heat involved here but still an alarm. Definitely not another car touching, but a remote possibility that an elderly lady with groceries might have been the culprit. Which would indicate that in all likelihood the possible touch involved had not amounted to be much of a bump at all. Maybe.

Damn this.

My money moved a bit to the direction of an overly sensitive sensor. To be more precise, a sensor sensitivity fault that would be particularly sensitive to clicks, whirrs, static fields or temp changes involved when some comm/preheat/whatever cycle kicks in in the machinery and moves a valve/switch/coil/whatever.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
This is getting even more difficult to pin down. Today I parked in a warm shopping centre indoor car park (+10C in car park, around 0C outside. 80% charge) without plugging in, so no charging. No presets, timers or anything. Didn't use the double click.

I made it to the elevator door about 50 m away, when I heard the alarm going off, rightly guessing it was mine. So I went back round the corner, had a view open to the car on the other side of the park blinking and beeping away. So I could confirm that it wasn't another car bumping or somebody trying to get in. Fairly close behind though was an elderly lady with grocery bags that in theory could have leaned to the car when passing a narrow lane right next to it, but I didn't try and run to ask her if there had been a contact between her and the car. And if yes, had it been a heavy one or just a touch with the bag.

So no clarity. As far as I see, no charging or pre-heat involved here but still an alarm. Definitely not another car touching, but a remote possibility that an elderly lady with groceries might have been the culprit. Which would indicate that in all likelihood the possible touch involved had not amounted to be much of a bump at all. Maybe.

Damn this.

My money moved a bit to the direction of an overly sensitive sensor. To be more precise, a sensor sensitivity fault that would be particularly sensitive to clicks, whirrs, static fields or temp changes involved when some comm/preheat/whatever cycle kicks in in the machinery and moves a valve/switch/coil/whatever.
Why wouldn’t you just double click until a fix happens?

jdrei

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
According to a German user/ driver his Porsche dealer has already confirmed the existence of the faulty sensors.
Next Thursday I will visit my Porsche dealer. They are going to check the error memory and open a ticket. This is necessary, otherwise Porsche will not provide a new sensor.

Max Attack

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4
Country flag
Why wouldn’t you just double click until a fix happens?
Have done that in the past.. After the updates to app, I have been in a "let's see if these worked" mode - and I'm quite curious if I could pin down to exact triggers myself. Out of curiosity and in order to give the forum community a hand.

But damn this. Too many variables and too much of a risk waking up all the innocent next door. l will double click again from now on. Don't like that I have to do it, needless to say.

Pad-42

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Crossturismo
Country flag
After my brand new CT went to porsche assistance as the 12V battery was done, they have reboot the car and in parallel i have disconnected the app and deleted it from my phone, and now with just the double click everything is fine. The alarm bug in connection with the app were getting the 12v battery empty which worth an issue than just the alarm alone… porsche is very slow and very silent on fixing this issue…

Z06socool

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S
Country flag
News from my dealer in Switzerland...The problem has been acknowledged "officially".
Porsche should be coming with a fix by February. Seems like it will be in the form of the sensor to be replaced. Not holding my breath...
In the meantime, even though it may (and it is) seem annoying and unacceptable, the solution to avoid the alarm to be triggered with 100% success for my car at least is to get the system to ask for the volumetric alarm to be on or off before exiting the car. You proceed by "unselecting" it. Exit the car. Press the remote lock button once. And voilà...
Also works but not as easily for me, to simply exit the car and double pressing the lock button on the remote.
Hope this helps...
Porsche Taycan Alarm keeps going off 20220118_182023~2

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
So it's a volumetric sensor, not a motion sensor? In another thread, we were trying to figure out a way to get in there and tape it up to disable it pending a replacement, but it sounds like that's not possible?

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
I had this problem in mine and reported it to the dealer a few weeks back.

It was in for unrelated work today and they also replaced the relevant interior sensor, saying that this should fix the alarm problem.

The replacement part number is PAB951172, if you need to ask your dealer about it.

They mentioned there being 20 of these in Switzerland, and they had 2 of them.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I thought I was going to be an unlucky one with the alarms, but after seeing an issue with my windows opening a bit further on each press to lock the doors by pushing on the handle / I recalibrated the close position of my windows and haven’t had another issue with alarm. I don’t know if I had a window ever so slightly open that was causing issues with the volumetric sensor / or whether it was coincidence / or I have just been lucky for the last few days. But it’s a simple thing to verify.

astrojeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, VW ID.4, 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I took my car to my dealer yesterday for this problem. They had told be to bring it in last week, but when I got there the service manager said that they have been informed by Porsche to not change out any sensors until they have a solution. So they did not even look at the car. The manager said that she has changed out a couple of sensors in the past and that did work. So I will just have to live with the workarounds until Porsche comes out with a final solution.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
I thought I was going to be an unlucky one with the alarms, but after seeing an issue with my windows opening a bit further on each press to lock the doors by pushing on the handle / I recalibrated the close position of my windows and haven’t had another issue with alarm. I don’t know if I had a window ever so slightly open that was causing issues with the volumetric sensor / or whether it was coincidence / or I have just been lucky for the last few days. But it’s a simple thing to verify.
Sorry man sounds like you may be on to something but I have no idea what you are talking about with the windows??? Can you maybe clarify what you are referring to??
Thanks
SR

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Sorry man sounds like you may be on to something but I have no idea what you are talking about with the windows??? Can you maybe clarify what you are referring to??
Thanks
SR
Check out my post here:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-door-by-touching-handle-multiple-times.8932/

even when I locked with key (and did not see the window move like on my video) my alarm was going off. I ran the calibration against all four windows (even though they showed no drop like the back left window) and since then I have had no false alarm. Maybe it’s a coincidence.

I also have no pre-heat/cool enabled . I do have “My Porsche” installed; initially I avoided opening it - but since the alarm problem stopped for a period of time, I started using the app again (to check charging progress) and still have had no false alarms since this process.
Sponsored

Last edited: