Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just received an email from Porsche NA about the updated interior alarm monitoring system.
Will schedule a visit to the local dealer soon.
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also probably not true, the recall was several weeks ago.

The dealer replaced the sensor in mine in January, but I had to take it back to them a few weeks ago - they said it was so that they could take photos of the replaced sensor in place to satisfy the recall notice.

The email that mentioned the recall was dated March 25th.

Either Porsche are not telling dealers about the recall at the same time, or your dealer is lying to you. I suggest you try and find out which it is.
Yes, he should drop everything and get right on investigating whether his dealer is correct, misinformed, or lying to him. This is critical information.

You should remind him a third time, just in case your two posts on this weren’t enough.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Just had the WNB4 campaign performed. Actually had the sensor ordered a couple weeks ago prior to the email from Porsche. Dropped off without an appointment and had the car back same day.

Looking forward to single clicks!!

The service notes described it as either a recode of the rear-end electronics OR recode and replacement of interior sensor. So perhaps not all cars need a replacement sensor.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I just had this completed today. So far no problems. Previously I was very easily able to reproduce the problem.

Porsche Taycan Alarm keeps going off 1650477967205

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Targa 4S; 2016 Macan S; 2022 Taycan RWD TBD
Country flag
My SF Bay area dealer told me today that the replacement parts are on order with no ETA from Germany. Supposedly the parts department will call me when the part arrives. I, and several others, are on the wait list.

Sparky

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT 4
Country flag
My dealer installed the new part yesterday. He told me that the dealership received 7 motion sensors. I assume that was based on the number of Taycans they sold that were affected. I would guess that the part is readily available across the US.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
Guys,
If you get the new sensor it solves the problem. I had a very early delivery CT in Sept, 21 and it went off all the time for the first few weeks. Then deleted Porsche Connect App at the recommendation of my SA (car was at dealer for 2 weeks.. not sure if that was actually the issue) but the false alarms frequency dropped significantly. Since I had the new sensors installed in late March I haven't had an issue.
They do need to have your car to run a diagnostic to confirm you have the faulty sensors and then they order the parts and then schedule another service call to replace them.
SR

Sparky

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT 4
Country flag
Guys,
If you get the new sensor it solves the problem. I had a very early delivery CT in Sept, 21 and it went off all the time for the first few weeks. Then deleted Porsche Connect App at the recommendation of my SA (car was at dealer for 2 weeks.. not sure if that was actually the issue) but the false alarms frequency dropped significantly. Since I had the new sensors installed in late March I haven't had an issue.
They do need to have your car to run a diagnostic to confirm you have the faulty sensors and then they order the parts and then schedule another service call to replace them.
SR
I failed to mention in my previous post, that the new part solved my problem, too.

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
30min job (once all BS removed...) done, took less of an hour in and out. Issue solved as far as I can tell.
Only took 5 months...and I was very surprise by the number of Taycan at the Shop 1/3 of their service booth!

JCAM

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The recent recall and replacement of the LTE antenna fixed this issue. However I recently go locked out with my keys inside. So the interior monitor no longer sees that the keys are inside the vehicle and will lock you out.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
The recent recall and replacement of the LTE antenna fixed this issue. However I recently go locked out with my keys inside. So the interior monitor no longer sees that the keys are inside the vehicle and will lock you out.
Did you lock the car by pressing the proximity sensor on the door handle? If so, why wouldn't the door unlock when you inserted your fingers in the handle recess?

JCAM

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Good question. I actually don’t even know why it locked the doors at all while I was standing outside the car. Even my phone was inside so I couldn’t use the my Porsche app. Be curious to see if anyone can reproduce the issue with a spare key nearby in case. I have to try that experiment.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good question. I actually don’t even know why it locked the doors at all while I was standing outside the car. Even my phone was inside so I couldn’t use the my Porsche app. Be curious to see if anyone can reproduce the issue with a spare key nearby in case. I have to try that experiment.
Did the doors actually lock, or was it simply that the handles retracted? You can still open the doors with the handles retracted, if they didn't lock.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Anybody ever not able to silence the alarm at all? Double press, disable interior, still goes off instantly once the car is locked? Could not shut it off.

I let it sit unlocked for an hour after multiple failed attempts to silence it and it finally locked without alarm.

Afraid this will crop up again when I'm in a place where I acutually need it locked...
I just had this happen. Worked fine when we went to dinner, got home hit the lock when my wife closed her door and the alarm immediately went off. Unlocked and locked. same thing. Check all doors, windows, truck and frunk. Same thing. I went and got the other key and tried using it. The second you lock the car the alarm goes off. Double click to deactivate the interior monitoring (I had that fixed when they did the big update; this is different) and the alarm goes off immediately after pressing the lock button.

I did the two finger PCM reboot and the alarm goes off the second I lock it.

I went into the PCM and disabled the interior monitoring just in case and the alarm went off the second I locked the car.

I tried locking from the Porsche App and it does the same thing. And if you leave it unlocked, it does that auto-lock when you walk away without locking (I think it just goes to sleep and does not really lock) and the alarm goes off.

The only way to keep it from going off is to unlock the frunk so its open a bit and not lock the car.

Anyone experience this and if so have a solution? It is not the interior monitoring alarm issue that a bulk of this thread covers.
Sponsored