Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I heard on CNBC this morning that the car industry has $210 billion in unfulfilled orders (back orders).
Sponsored

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I haven't seen many people talking about placing orders within the last couple months. Is it hard for anyone else to find an allocation?

I'm on the wait list at all 3 Colorado dealerships and I'm being told that an allocation for a Turbo likely won't show up for another 6-8 months and I'm told I'm the next in line to get one. At this point, I'm happy to buy out of state but don't want to spend the time contacting dozens of dealerships myself. Does anyone have a good broker they'd recommend for this?
I ordered back in July and was lucky enough to snag an allocation. My order is currently sitting in Baltimore (Siem Cicero) awaiting either another trip to Houston, or a release and delivery to my local dealer. That being said, there is a Taycan Turbo sitting here on the lot where I live. If you're interested in buying out of state, let me know in a DM and I'll shoot you my SA info and our local dealer info. I can attest to any questions or first hand visibility of the car if you have them as well since I'm near the dealer. They may even have an allocation that hasn't been locked yet. Not entirely certain. The one or two Turbos they have in the showroom are very nice though.

Last edited:
OP
OP

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
It's fine, a second car I'm getting through them. The first one was a custom order X5 hybrid during early times of COVID. I knew exactly the car I wanted, gave them the build and they found allocation and negotiated a discount (75k -> 69k). I guess it's possible to get a better discount, especially if a car is not a custom order, but I'm not a good negotiator and not willing to do the legwork. When the car was ready, it was delivered to me with a package of documents, that I signed from the comfort of my home, and that's it. I only ever stepped into a dealership for a test-drive. Although, I think, more dealerships are doing home deliveries now.

For the Taycan, I haven't received it yet, but the delivery experience is supposed to be the same. About ordering - I knew a build and just pinged my account manager that I want the car, and in a day or two they found an close allocation at the LA area dealership. According to him, there is no discounts on Taycans now, so I'm basically buying convenience and someone talking to dealerships to find allocation, and that works well for me.
Does this mean that they couldn't find an allocation for a custom build using your build code or did you specifically ask them to find a similar build out there?

OP
OP

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
I ordered back in July and was lucky enough to snag an allocation. My order is currently sitting in Baltimore (Siem Cicero) awaiting either another trip to Houston, or a release and delivery to my local dealer. That being said, there is a Taycan Turbo sitting here on the lot where I live. If you're interested in buying out of state, let me know in a DM and I'll shoot you my SA info and our local dealer info. I can attest to any questions or first hand visibility of the car if you have them as well since I'm near the dealer. They may even have an allocation that hasn't been locked yet. Not entirely certain. The one or two Turbos they have in the showroom are very nice though.
Thanks for the offer. I'm currently pretty set on getting the exact custom order I want if I'm going to be spending $200k on a car. I'm definitely okay waiting if that's inevitable, but I'm just trying to see if there is a way to avoid waiting potentially 1.5 years.

makados

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 BMW X5 45e, 2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does this mean that they couldn't find an allocation for a custom build using your build code or did you specifically ask them to find a similar build out there?
I’m in the SF Bay Area, so they found an allocation with the soonest delivery, and that was in Beverly Hills. He did say, at the time, that a lot of dealerships are selling cars to be delivered 5-6 months in the future. In my case he found an allocation for a build a month from the order (although the date moved by a week or two since then).

My target delivery is in the end of Nov, but the broker said to expect a month or two delay, as they see Porsche cars sitting at the ports for some time. But we all know about that on this forum

wallace

First Name
Wallace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Country flag
I just went through this process in the LA area. Every dealership made noise about the scarcity of allocations. Some had January slots available now, others were taking deposits against slots they expected to get in Oct-Nov for Feb-Mar deliveries. Several asked $10k over MSRP but I called around and got one at MSRP. From what I can tell, it seems demand has grown and / or supply tightened even further in the last month.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I heard on CNBC this morning that the car industry has $210 billion in unfulfilled orders (back orders).
Not surprised. So many dealerships are just selling used cars at this point. My local dealership has only 2 new Porsche cars on the lot and another 20+ "incoming vehicles". The other dealerships in my region are lucky to have 5 or 6 new cars. Most available are Macans, which I'm sure a lot of folks are holding out for a 2022 model.

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I haven't seen many people talking about placing orders within the last couple months. Is it hard for anyone else to find an allocation?

I'm on the wait list at all 3 Colorado dealerships and I'm being told that an allocation for a Turbo likely won't show up for another 6-8 months and I'm told I'm the next in line to get one. At this point, I'm happy to buy out of state but don't want to spend the time contacting dozens of dealerships myself. Does anyone have a good broker they'd recommend for this?
Just ordered Taycan Turbo 6 months if I am lucky 4s June July 22 and if you want a Taycan CT 2023 I was told Porsche release allocation for 2022 End of October early November one thing for sure is it’s getting longer weekly at present resale value of existing Taycans is fantastic as just about every dealer throughout the world are paying good money for them.

OP
OP

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
Does anyone know which day this month Porsche releases allocations for the next quarter? I think if I don’t hear from the dealers here a few days after that date, I’ll go with a broker.
Sponsored