And so the problems begin...

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
transmissions? clutches? gears?
there is a transmission in the rear axle which has all these and there are cases that Transmission errors stall the car.

Again I am just saying that there is a small chance that some problems are not electrical related but also mechanical.

Porsche Taycan And so the problems begin... Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 10.35.07 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
there is a transmission in the rear axle which has all these and there are cases that Transmission errors stall the car.

Again I am just saying that there is a small chance that some problems are not electrical related but also mechanical.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 10.35.07 AM.png
I’ve got to admit I’m worried about my wife driving it on the motorway.....having second thoughts

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve got to admit I’m worried about my wife driving it on the motorway.....having second thoughts
I think there have been more than 20,000 Taycan's sold worldwide. Someone may have a better number. Only a small fraction seem to have problems and you are more likely to see those problems reported on this forum.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I think there have been more than 20,000 Taycan's sold worldwide. Someone may have a better number. Only a small fraction seem to have problems and you are more likely to see those problems reported on this forum.
You are right..it will take someone such as Consumers Report to assess overall reliability. That will be interesting when it comes.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
You can say this, but when every single owner I know in person has had a minimum of 2 car stopping issues it seems otherwise.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
You can say this, but when every single owner I know in person has had a minimum of 2 car stopping issues it seems otherwise.
At the risk of totally jinxing myself, I personally know only four Taycan owners, and none of us has had a stopping issue. Rattles, CarPlay, Passenger Display issues - yes - but nothing impacting driving the way yours has.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
wow, that's huge, fortunately I haven't had any such incidents in my 3k miles of ownership

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (19.11.20!), 350GLE
Country flag
Having owned the taycan for just over 2 weeks ; I was just speaking to my OH this morning telling her that the taycan is the best car I have ever owned ; I then proceeded to go to work ; to find the taycan bricked in my driveway ....

the car had been fine up and till this point ; (the first 10 days had been charging with the 3pin) ; this was only the second time charging with the 7.6kw home charger that was newly fitted). When connecting to the home charger the car is a little temperamental in that it takes a couple of attempts to get it to sync ; nonetheless it did charge it to 100%...

many ideas as to how to proceed ?
51E6EACC-6005-4C7A-9274-C96F5B64ACB6.jpeg
Hello,
I had exactly the same 12 days ago! It was the 12V Battery!!! They disconnected and cleared the fault memory, checked the car for a week to see if it comes back, but it didn’t. I had it back since Monday and all is fine.... until the next time????

90sundevil

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 911, 17 Turbo S, 20 GT4, 21 Taycan, 20 Corvette
Country flag
I talked with my service advisor and the problems they have been having with the 12v battery and the cars not wanting to run. While I was up there, there were about a dozen Taycans in the service area all getting some type of computer updates. The advisor says the service guys hate them and Porsche has been buying back lots of cars with problems. None of the people there have been to Porsche for any tech sessions on how to service the cars because of the virus.

Last edited:

Snorkel1974

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Jaguar XJL, VW T6, Mini JCW Paceman
Country flag
If I could guess it is a bad main battery. Ignore everyone's advice to restart/reset the car. Since you are not in the middle of a motorway there is no reason to recover it and lose some evidence of the issue. You should also not risk driving it around because it can happen while driving and the car might stall. Have it towed to your service center.
In any case, your car is defective. I heard that in UK you can reject it, so be ready to reject the car and get another one if they cannot pinpoint the root cause or parts take weeks to arrive from Germany.
Thanks all ; will deffo need to reconsider the taycan as a getaway car ?

I'm glad it sorted itself @nav1 and it wasn't the time or place to mention it but my 12v died after a Tracker beacon issue.

I sent it into the Dealer and it had to stay for a bit and have some new Lithiums stuck in it.................... Not what you wanted to hear, but I have just had it go through its software update which went fine, so far.............

My wife won't drive mine, so I have no problem.
Sponsored