Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I am really getting tired of Porsche not having a handle on their software. Due to the 'update' I have been getting an error message every time I charge the car. I fiddled with the menu and various settings and managed to eliminate the message one time, but it has returned. I will get one of the following two messages every time I charge.

Despite these error messages, charging is proceeding with no problems whatsoever. I'm told to 'ignore' these messages. :mad:

Porsche Taycan Another Charging Software Issue IMG_1117
Porsche Taycan Another Charging Software Issue IMG_1091

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
yeah….porsche’s weaknesses are showing - EV’s are much more digital

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Hi @Vim Schrotnock , I got the same 'device temperature' error message recently and assumed it had to do with the rising temperatures outside. The next time I charged, I left the lid of the PMCC open and did not run into the same issue, but that could of course be a random event with no proven relationship between keeping the lid closed or open and the device temperature error message.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I am really getting tired of Porsche not having a handle on their software. Due to the 'update' I have been getting an error message every time I charge the car. I fiddled with the menu and various settings and managed to eliminate the message one time, but it has returned. I will get one of the following two messages every time I charge.

Despite these error messages, charging is proceeding with no problems whatsoever. I'm told to 'ignore' these messages. :mad:
you could try resetting the unit to factory settings and then reset things following the instructions for the PMCC.
maybe that would clear out the bugs

OP
OP
Vim Schrotnock

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
you could try resetting the unit to factory settings and then reset things following the instructions for the PMCC.
maybe that would clear out the bugs
Dealer says to ignore it, so given the multitude of issues I've had, I'm not messing with resetting anything unless the dealer tells me to. However, I will ask them about your suggestion and report back...

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Dealer says to ignore it, so given the multitude of issues I've had, I'm not messing with resetting anything unless the dealer tells me to. However, I will ask them about your suggestion and report back...
dealers aren't always the most informed, especially on the EV side
there is no downside to a full reset of the PMCC other than the time consumed.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
There's only been 1 update for PMCC since last November.

The PLC error is easy to solve. Disable PLC in the PMCC - use the web interface for the device (passwords in the white envelope you would have received) and disable PLC - Power Line Communications - if you are using WiFi.

To be fair this is not a Porsche coding or programme error but a classic case of RTFM.

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
I have a small addition to this old thread: I wrote a software tool that fixes the PLC error without the need to disable PLC in the PMCC. Meaning this fixes why the error message and problem appears in the first place.

The problem comes up if you or the Porsche dealership activates PLC and uses it to connect another device with the PMCC. Now every time the PMCC starts up, it tries to connect to this saved PLC connection and fails, hence it shows up the (stupid) error which confuses everyone. Most likely the update process of the PMCC is the root cause for this, as for me the error showed up right after I came home after the update and connected it again (and did so for many others).

So if your dealer exchanged the device because of this, have fun with the next possible update done at the dealership. It will appear again.

It would be a very easy task for Porsche to implement a fix in the charger software, but so far my 2 month old ticket resulted only in horrendously stupid responses :(

I will now check with my dealership if they are interested in a proper solution or prefer to continue with the "turn PLC off" workaround.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
By "other device" are you meaning a PLC-enabled device on the service side (e.g. Porsche Home Energy Manager) or a PLC-enabled device on the vehicle side (e.g. say, a Porsche Taycan)? I assume you are deleting the saved device record in the PMCC?

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
By "other device" are you meaning a PLC-enabled device on the service side (e.g. Porsche Home Energy Manager) or a PLC-enabled device on the vehicle side (e.g. say, a Porsche Taycan)? I assume you are deleting the saved device record in the PMCC?
A PLC-enabled device on the home side, not the EV side. E.g. Porsche Home Energy Manager, any PLC-Modem to connect it to your local network etc.

Not deleting the device record but the PLC network profile. You can connect multiple PLC devices to create one network by using power lines, e.g. if you can't retrofit ethernet wires.
Sponsored