Any Regrets with the Taycan?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Unlike my Panamera Turbo, the Taycan does NOT have the ability to have the seat settings set to a key! ONLY to buttons 1 or 2 on the door. In other words, my wife prefers to leave the seat settings as they are and have less room with the steering wheel not going up and seats not going back as she exits and re-enters the car - rather than having to constantly pressing and holding button 1 to bring back her settings each and every time. This is a big regret!!
You can set up profiles. I do not use the memory buttons on the door to execute personalized settings.
Sponsored

KenU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
Country flag
You can set up profiles. I do not use the memory buttons on the door to execute personalized settings.
Profiles - once set, the seats and steering wheel will move and then reset to the profile setting when the driver approaches the car?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Profiles - once set, the seats and steering wheel will move and then reset to the profile setting when the driver approaches the car?
I thought it was also tied to the comfort access and the specific key. If I recall there was a whole sequence that I had to do with the power button on the dash and the lock and unlock buttons on the specific key.

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Unlike my Panamera Turbo, the Taycan does NOT have the ability to have the seat settings set to a key! ONLY to buttons 1 or 2 on the door. In other words, my wife prefers to leave the seat settings as they are and have less room with the steering wheel not going up and seats not going back as she exits and re-enters the car - rather than having to constantly pressing and holding button 1 to bring back her settings each and every time. This is a big regret!!
Wow, that is really weird. Every Porsche I have had had the ability to save stuff to the key. That’s a swing and a miss on a pretty basic function.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
...I regret a little bit giving up the Innodrive when I picked my car off the lot instead of waiting until October for my custom build...
I find Innodrive to be very disappointing. The primary feature that is missing is being able to set the automatic speed adjustment to a certain amount over the detected speed limit, say 5 or 10 mph over. Without that feature, its barely usable. For example, when I'm doing 75 in a 65, and the speed limit drops to 55, the car will brake pretty hard to to get from 75 to 55. Sure you can turn that automatic speed adjustment feature off (which I did), but then its just another adaptive cruise control.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I thought it was also tied to the comfort access and the specific key. If I recall there was a whole sequence that I had to do with the power button on the dash and the lock and unlock buttons on the specific key.
Agreed. For new Audis, for example, you can associate a profile with a specific key, and each profile has its own seat settings. Would love to hear if other Taycan owners can confirm.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Page 180 of the Owner's Manual describes how to set Driver preferences and profiles linked to each key.

Personal settings

Ergonomic settings can be manually saved and retrieved via the memory buttons in the driver door. In addition, individual accounts that automatically store and retrieve ergonomic and comfort settings can be registered via the central display. Both functions can be used independently of one another.

Saving and retrieving personal settings

When the vehicle is turned off, the settings previously made are saved automatically to the selected account and linked to the driver's key used. The settings are loaded automatically when the door is unlocked. During this process, the account linked with the driver's key is detected. If you and others use the vehicle, it is advantageous to use one account and driver's key per person. If necessary, the accounts can be changed manually.

Ergonomic settings affect: seat, exterior mirror and steering wheel settings. Additionally, up to three ergonomic settings can be manually saved and retrieved via the memory buttons in the driver door.

Comfort settings (depending on the country) affect the following: Ergonomic, air conditioning, light, vision, assistancesystem, instrument cluster and infotainment settings.

Information Some functions cannot be personalised (e.g. the charge timer, time zones or precooling/preheating).

Storing comfort settings
When the vehicle is switched off and locked, the previously made settings are automatically saved in the account.

If the switch is made from an active account to another account, the comfort settings are overwritten. The ergonomic settings are not overwritten.

Loading comfort settings

Unlock the vehicle.

The account settings are loaded.

– or –

Vehicle is stationary.

Change account via the central display.

Managing accounts

Up to 7 accounts can be registered and managed in the central display. One guest account is available; it cannot be deleted.

The driver's personal settings are saved in the account. When you start the system for the first time, the Set-up wizard is displayed in the central display; this will guide you through important configuration steps. We recommend that you run the Set-up wizard fully to create the first account correctly. A Porsche ID (Porsche Connect user) is required to set up and use an account. Please refer to chapter "Using Porsche Connect" on page 196. You can switch between registered accounts at any time via the central display when the vehicle is switched on.

Driver detection occurs automatically via the driver's key. A driver's key is always automatically assigned to the active account.

KenU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
Country flag
Thanks again, wemct.

I did read this previously in the manual (actually several times) and experience the same conclusion that when one exits the car with the seats set as stated, when returning to the car, one must press the numbered memory button on the door to return the seat settings as programmed - unfortunately! The seat/steering wheel positions will still be in the exit/entry mode until seat memory button 1, 2 or 3 is pressed.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
The seat/steering wheel positions will still be in the exit/entry mode until seat memory button 1, 2 or 3 is pressed.
That's weird, because it's certainly not the case for me. As soon as the car turns "on", my seat moves on its own to the proper location.

KenU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
Country flag
That's weird, because it's certainly not the case for me. As soon as the car turns "on", my seat moves on its own to the proper location.
As embarrassing as it may sound, maybe I'm just not understanding what the manual says about this. How did you program your seats to do that? To be clear, when you shut the car off the seat moves back and steering wheel moves up to allow better exit/entry? And when entering, the wheel remains up and seat is still back until you turn the car back on, then the seat settings automatically go to your personal settings without pressing the memory buttons on the door? Thanks

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
As embarrassing as it may sound, maybe I'm just not understanding what the manual says about this. How did you program your seats to do that? To be clear, when you shut the car off the seat moves back and steering wheel moves up to allow better exit/entry? And when entering, the wheel remains up and seat is still back until you turn the car back on, then the seat settings automatically go to your personal settings without pressing the memory buttons on the door? Thanks
That sounds like comfort access?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Correct, if programmed correctly the seats and steering wheel should move back and up respectively when the car is turned off/door opened, and then move forward and down when you return to the car and power on. I do not need to touch the memory buttons to get the seats/steering wheel to return to the programmed positions.

KenU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
Country flag
Correct, if programmed correctly the seats and steering wheel should move back and up respectively when the car is turned off/door opened, and then move forward and down when you return to the car and power on. I do not need to touch the memory buttons to get the seats/steering wheel to return to the programmed positions.
I will try to program it correctly and let you guys know if it works (for me). Thanks again!

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
And when entering, the wheel remains up and seat is still back until you turn the car back on, then the seat settings automatically go to your personal settings without pressing the memory buttons on the door?
As the others have said above, exactly so.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
You guys are lucky......had the wife's Tay for over a month and still can't get a Porsche I.D. for the car from Atlanta, so I can not set profiles, seats, mirrors, etc. Connect does not recognize any of my Pcars though I have sent them scans of Title, Registration, etc.
I just put the car back into storage because w/out I.D. I can not config my garage charger or use E-America and she's just about dry of the 1st dealer charge.
Connect sucks.
Sponsored