MN_taycan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 Audi S7, 1972 Datsun 240Z
Country flag
Planning a track excursion - if not before winter, then in the spring. Curious if anyone has experienced it yet? Trying to figure out tires, specifically - since tracking a car this heavy but this fast seems like it will create reasonably extreme tire stress (particularly sidewalls), even with a very-much-not-F1-driver behind the wheel. From what I understand, a Taycan on the track is unlike pretty much any other vehicle.

I haven't seen the ELEC spec Pirelli P-Zeros available in the U.S, but that seems like a potentially good way to go. Any thoughts or experiences?
Sponsored

6offsetin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 4S came with Pilot Sport 4 (not 4S...heh)

Around track, pretty much howled for dear life most of the way around, didn't try with traction control off.

I have a different track car and just tried the 4S, it's fun, but I'd not consider it a decent track car, it is great for going to and from the track however. Haha.

Keep in mind I'm very anti track, with big heavy cars, the Taycan was by far the most "at home" when pushing however.

OP
OP
MN_taycan

MN_taycan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 Audi S7, 1972 Datsun 240Z
Country flag
but I'd not consider it a decent track car, it is great for going to and from the track however. Haha.
Thanks...it was more for the experience of having that much power and that low a CG. Not likely a habit - purpose built track options better suited.

But the entertainment value of a 4-door sedan blistering through the turns seems pretty high.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Planning a track excursion - if not before winter, then in the spring. Curious if anyone has experienced it yet? Trying to figure out tires, specifically - since tracking a car this heavy but this fast seems like it will create reasonably extreme tire stress (particularly sidewalls), even with a very-much-not-F1-driver behind the wheel. From what I understand, a Taycan on the track is unlike pretty much any other vehicle.

I haven't seen the ELEC spec Pirelli P-Zeros available in the U.S, but that seems like a potentially good way to go. Any thoughts or experiences?
I have the Pirelli ND0 elec specs on my Taycan in 21" and they are pretty decent tires. I have done a couple off solo track events in my Taycan and the car is overall really great handling. The only real flaw that the car has (RWD) is that there is not enough front grip to get the car to rotate in the hairpin sections of the course. I have played with the tire pressures a little bit and have not found a sweet spot. I imagine it is going to take some alignment adjustments to improve that aspect.
Sponsored