Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Mine has completely stopped working & now all I get is some totally incorrect SOC level information. . And then later get the "Your battery information may no longer be accurate" message. Have gone back to using the Porsche navigator.
Got mine working again. Went to Apple Maps, registered car & made sure SOC in the app matched the actual SOC of the vehicle. When it was not working the Apple Map app was showing a lower SOC than the vehicle.
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
CarPlay didn't make the WWDC keynote anyways – other then SharePlay is bring brought to it. Still its likely there will be dedicated CarPlay sessions later that might reveal more details on their multi-screen strategy.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got mine working again. Went to Apple Maps, registered car & made sure SOC in the app matched the actual SOC of the vehicle. When it was not working the Apple Map app was showing a lower SOC than the vehicle.
I just did the same thing. The Taycan entry in Apple Maps (click on your personal icon next to the Search bar, and then select "Vehicles") shows the correct battery SoC now.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
I solved my issue by deleting the 'device' (car) and re-registering with CarPlay - all seems back to normal.
Just checking did you delete the device fie car rom my Porsche app or within the app? PNA contacted me stating they are involving Germany to resolve my issues.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just checking did you delete the device fie car rom my Porsche app or within the app? PNA contacted me stating they are involving Germany to resolve my issues.
  1. Open Apple Maps on your iPhone.
  2. Click on your picture (typically a head shot) to the right of the "Search Maps" bar.
  3. Click on Vehicles
  4. Click on your Taycan entry.
  5. Scroll to bottom and click "Remove this Vehicle"
  6. Open the "My Porsche" app on your iPhone, click on "Details" and then "Functions", and follow the instructions at this webpage.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
  1. Open Apple Maps on your iPhone.
  2. Click on your picture (typically a head shot) to the right of the "Search Maps" bar.
  3. Click on Vehicles
  4. Click on your Taycan entry.
  5. Scroll to bottom and click "Remove this Vehicle"
  6. Open the "My Porsche" app on your iPhone, click on "Details" and then "Functions", and follow the instructions at this webpage.
Thanks. I did do this before without any luck. Integrated apple and Spotify stopped working for me. This is the error I am getting which was shared with Porsche.

Porsche Taycan Apple Maps via Carplay Now Supports EV Charging for Taycan image0

Porsche Taycan Apple Maps via Carplay Now Supports EV Charging for Taycan image2

Porsche Taycan Apple Maps via Carplay Now Supports EV Charging for Taycan image4

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
No - I believe it was from the Bluetooth menu on the phone (I say ‘believe’ as I went through so many alternates had to rethink what I actually did do!!).

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
No - I believe it was from the Bluetooth menu on the phone (I say ‘believe’ as I went through so many alternates had to rethink what I actually did do!!).
It is from the Apple Maps app on your iPhone.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I realized one annoying thing with the new EV routing feature today. Since it now shows the estimated SoC at destination, it no longer shows the remaining time and distance to your destination, which for me was invaluable. In particular, I always reference the remaining time in my drive.

It does still have the ETA, but that means I have to look at that time, look at the current time, and do the math to figure out how many minutes are left in my drive.
I maintain that this is still the most annoying thing about EV routing, and in fact I've disabled it for now, at least until the UI for it gets improved.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I maintain that this is still the most annoying thing about EV routing, and in fact I've disabled it for now, at least until the UI for it gets improved.
I used Car Play / Apple Maps on my iPhone in a different (ICE) car, forgetting to disable riding in an EV. The next time in the Taycan, I received the battery percentage error while using Car Play / Apple Maps. Since then, I’ve just disabled the feature. It’s most compelling, if I’m on a road trip; otherwise, not as useful or convenient for daily driving between our cars.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don't think this works in the UK as yet , as I cannot find it under functions , and yes it would be good to know if Apple Maps is pre-heating the battery on the way to a charging station.
Same from Canada. Nothing in functions for EV routing yet. Is this still US only feature?

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
It appears to add a route with charging for me but the charging stops aren’t the best choices.
Sponsored