W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Try removing your Porsche ID from the car and start over OR try with the secondary ID. If it works with the latter then you know its something screwed with your primary ID.

Re-linking should work and ensure you use the separate links for Music and Podcasts.

Try the first suggestion to start with.
Sponsored

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
did that all already. It also was the same before and after the big update, when nearly everthing was resetted

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I have a slightly different issue.

I registered Apple Music and it worked the first time. Then I registered apple podcasts. Upon going back to music, I found it was no longer registered. It looks as if I can only have one registered at a time, which is of course bizarre.

anyone else?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not had that issue. Perhaps check your Apple ID / account to see if anything awry there.

Do both work ok on an Apple device?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not had that issue. Perhaps check your Apple ID / account to see if anything awry there.

Do both work ok on an Apple device?
Account is fine. Everything works on multiple iOS devices. I’ll experiment a bit more.

retinadoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I have a 2021 taycan and originally my apple music, online radio, and apple podcast were available options but now the three are all grayed out and can not be pressed. I can get apple music to work in my carplay. Porche connect has opened a case but they don't seem to have a clue as to why it no longer works. They transferred me to AT&T a few time but ATT does not have anything to do with the apple music in the 2021 vehicle. Anyone have similar issues? My dealer does not seem to have information that other drivers have lost their apple music or online music service. I do also get an error message transiently when I start me car to check my XM radio antena but that goes away. David

Dcgator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Mine is also a disaster. Linked podcast which unlinked apple music. Carplay takes forever to activate and often bricks my phone while in use. If only the infotainment system was half as good as my 2021 F150 I’d be happy. CarPlay activates instantly and works flawlessly, as does the rest of the infotainment system. it can be done, Porsche just can’t figure it out.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Apple Music and apple podcasts are now working at the same time. After registering music I used it for a few minutes before registering podcasts. I do get some audio drop outs, but I suspect that’s AT&T connectivity issues.

I do like that the audio from CarPlay (such as Waze) can still be heard while using the Apple Music app that’s built into the car.

retinadoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Still no apple music, apple podcast or online radio. The icon is there but greyed out. Have called porsche connect many times and they can't figure out why it is not working. I can get the apple music on my iphone which works fine. So many glitches with the car software during my first month of ownership. I've logged out and logged on with my Porsche ID many times to no avail. Anyone have other suggestions?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Still no apple music, apple podcast or online radio. The icon is there but greyed out. Have called porsche connect many times and they can't figure out why it is not working. I can get the apple music on my iphone which works fine. So many glitches with the car software during my first month of ownership. I've logged out and logged on with my Porsche ID many times to no avail. Anyone have other suggestions?
Try your secondary Porsche Connect ID account with the other key and link this account to either a different or same Apple ID.

retinadoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
How do you get a secondary porsche id?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Go to My Porsche website and check your profile - the option to add a secondary is located there.

Can be done via the main website or from the app. On the app touch the picture of your vehicle and it should take you to another page. Scroll down to the bottom and add secondary users as needed.

Last edited:

retinadoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
You think it will let me link the apple music to more than one apple id?
Sponsored