daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
anyone had ny updates, started working for anyone??
Sponsored

websterama

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order
Country flag
assume no progress here? I took delivery of my 2021 4S this week.
Everything seems to work perfectly on it (knock on wood) other than this Apple Music thing.
And yes i went into the connect portal and made sure to flip the "switches" to green to link to my apple ID, etc... Same error in the car everyone else has mentioned.

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
assume no progress here? I took delivery of my 2021 4S this week.
Everything seems to work perfectly on it (knock on wood) other than this Apple Music thing.
And yes i went into the connect portal and made sure to flip the "switches" to green to link to my apple ID, etc... Same error in the car everyone else has mentioned.
Yes no progress, got my car Nov 12th and still no luck.

websterama

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order
Country flag
Not that it seems to matter, but if I were looking to add my name to the list of people who have contacted Porsche NA on this bug, how would I do that? Is there an email or 1-800 number that is preferred for this kind of thing?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
@tbinmd Did you get yours working?
I've tried resetting PCM, deleting and re-adding my user, simplifying my apple password, removing and re-adding the Porsche authorization on the my porsche website, removing the registered cell phone, etc, no luck.
Are my expectations wrong? I'm an android user, model year 22 car, and have not purchased the verizon hotspot functionality. I expect the car to talk to apple directly over the verizon connection with no phone involved. The only reason I mention the hotspot is i see this text in the "Notes" on the page where you can buy the verizon service for $20/mo: https://connect-store.porsche.com/us/en/p/wifi_datapackage_US_v1
"The High Speed Package can be used for Wi-Fi-Hotspot, Apple Music, Apple Podcast and Online Radio."
Correct - you absolutely do not need the additional data package for any of this. Your Porsche Connect services and Apple Music (and Podcasts) use the car's inbuilt LTE module and data for these services.

The additional data package is only if you want to use your car as a wifi hotspot (enabled via the PCM) and share this with other devices in the car rather than sharing your phone as a hotspot.

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Went to the Dealor again to check about any update on a Apple Music fix and they told me I can bring the car in and they can try and reset everything, wonder if that would help. Seems not getting anywhere with Porsche NA or dealership regarding getting this working. The car still has the line through the Apple Music connection bar code and on my Porsche I have already linked account multiple times.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have you tried deleting all trace of it from your PCM and from the Porsche Connect ID (My Porsche website - Connect services) and then re-adding and linking as needed?

Is the following visible - check you have a valid contract then click the item

Porsche Taycan Apple Music Login Issue 1642519124688

to display the following and ensure both are enabled:

Porsche Taycan Apple Music Login Issue 1642519068580

I use my Apple Family account rather than the free subscription but either will work the same way.

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How would one delete all trace of it from the PCM?
have tried and checked all the rest and no go

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also I have noticed my online radio is greyed out is there a specific way to set that up?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Also I have noticed my online radio is greyed out is there a specific way to set that up?
This manual (not current) may help a little - your radio service could be a further subscription to verify that it is active.

Both issues may be related.

Car not in Private / Privacy Mode?

Have you tried both primary and secondary Porsche Connect IDs (1 per key, so if enabled try using the secondary key).

Check your radio settings under Media in PCM

Porsche Taycan Apple Music Login Issue 1642521234423

Check what Porsche Connect Services are listed and 'active' - click on Overview of all...

Porsche Taycan Apple Music Login Issue 1642521323189

As the Apple service (and all Connect services) are linked to your Porsche ID then to remove you can Delete the Account

Porsche Taycan Apple Music Login Issue 1642521608066

Power off the car and lock. Give it 10 mins and then unlock and add your Porsche Connect ID and login. Wait a few minutes to see if all your Connect Services appear - Weather, News etc and then go into Media and see if Apply Music etc is now displayed (if not you can try re-tracing your steps and remove the links for Apple to your Porsche Connect ID and then re-link).

Final step would be a) Factory reset and follow the instructions (simulator doesn't help here to list what these are but I've done it and chose the relevant options and all came back OK once I re-added my Porsche Connect ID)

Porsche Taycan Apple Music Login Issue 1642521913803

b) Disconnect 12V battery for up to 5 mins and reconnect (hard reboot) - least likely to address the issue but is known to fix others (HUD display problems etc).

A lot to try so be patient. For each step you try you will have to wait to see if anything changes - e.g. Apple Music may appear after a few minutes and not instantaneously.

Attachments

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks will try that, when you mention primary and secondary id's what are those?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks will try that, when you mention primary and secondary id's what are those?
For Porsche Connect you can have a primary account (main user) and a secondary user (e.g. husband and partner / spouse / wife / other). You should have 2 key fobs and therefore one key can be assigned to one of the accounts.

To create a secondary user go to My Porsche, click on your car and then scroll down to the bottom where you should see 'Operating Instructions' and 'Secondary User'.

Porsche Taycan Apple Music Login Issue Secondary User

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For Porsche Connect you can have a primary account (main user) and a secondary user (e.g. husband and partner / spouse / wife / other). You should have 2 key fobs and therefore one key can be assigned to one of the accounts.

To create a secondary user go to My Porsche, click on your car and then scroll down to the bottom where you should see 'Operating Instructions' and 'Secondary User'.

Secondary User.png
Thanks for the detailed info, tried it all but no luck, also created a secondary user and same exact issue with Apple Music.
Left a message for the Dealor and sales manager and no response, poor show.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I signed up for the data plan on my Porsche and then the apple login just worked. Reading the description of the data plan it explicitly mentions for Apple Music, Apple Podcasts and WiFi-hotspot.
Sponsored