Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Is it worth the 4k to upgrade from basic interior if you’re sticking with grey interior? Was thinking of doing neodyme/grey base as it looks pretty nice for pretty cheap.
Sponsored

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
leather is always better but I have dogs that leave paw prints and drool everywhere so I left mine with a standard interior so I can wipe it all down easily.

OP
OP
Mysta

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
leather is always better but I have dogs that leave paw prints and drool everywhere so I left mine with a standard interior so I can wipe it all down easily.
I too am planning to carry my husky and the leather concerns me a bit

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
As you can see, big dog and base leather/leatherette in my Cayenne was no issue. Perforated surfaces were fine and scratch marks weren't an issue. "Better", softer leather in my Audi e-tron not as dog friendly. My Cross Turismo will have base leather because it's the least leather short of the Race-Tex.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
My personal belief is that it's worth the money so I've always gone with full leather on a Porsche or, with rare exceptions, any other vehicle I've owned.

I plan to take our Lab Sadie in the Taycan just as we do in the e-Tron with the Nappa leather interior. Fold down the rear seats, thrown in a thick comforter, and we're on our way. Sadie settles down nicely on trips so I don't expect a problem in the Porsche.

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Race-Tex all the way if we go with a Taycan. If I have the option to not have murdered animal skin stretched around my car I'll always take it. That and I perspire too much for leather to be comfortable to me.

No judgment if you prefer leather, just stating my own preference here.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Race-Tex all the way if we go with a Taycan. If I have the option to not have murdered animal skin stretched around my car I'll always take it. That and I perspire too much for leather to be comfortable to me.

No judgment if you prefer leather, just stating my own preference here.
Yes, the only reason I didn't go home with the fully loaded Turbo S that I took on my first test drive was the leather. I'm animal-free all the way, and in this case, recycled too. Still haven't ever seen and touched Racetex IRL, because the dealership won't order any floor models with it. That irks my vegan sales rep there, too.

But, I'll get to see and touch Racetex for real, in my own Turbo when it shows up in less than a week. So amped to get my hands on it!

Last edited:

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
Yes, the only reason I didn't go home with the fully loaded Turbo S that I took on my first test drive. I'm animal-free and recycled all the way. Still haven't seen and touched it IRL, because the dealership won't order any floor models in Racetex. But, I get to see it in my Turbo when it shows up, in less than a week. So amped to get my hands on it!
Please, please post pics and a review. I have yet to see it and would like to consider it.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Please, please post pics and a review. I have yet to see it and would like to consider it.
Ah, will do.

It seems that Racetex is very highly regarded among the European reviewers, not so much elsewhere, making it tough to find any to evaluate when ordering. My dealer didn't even have any sample tiles of it in their well-stocked drawers.

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yes, the only reason I didn't go home with the fully loaded Turbo S that I took on my first test drive was the leather. I'm animal-free all the way, and in this case, recycled too. Still haven't ever seen and touched Racetex IRL, because the dealership won't order any floor models with it. That irks my vegan sales rep there, too.

But, I'll get to see and touch Racetex for real, in my own Turbo when it shows up in less than a week. So amped to get my hands on it!
Niiiiice! Congrats in advance!

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Ah, will do.

It seems that Racetex is very highly regarded among the European reviewers, not so much elsewhere, making it tough to find any to evaluate when ordering. My dealer didn't even have any sample tiles of it in their well-stocked drawers.
My dealer has been stuck with a $220k Turbo S for months because race-tex doesn't sell in the US at that price point. Ah least not outside the west coast.

Pll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I might be mistaken but If I recall it right the 4S I did my test drive in had lot's of parts just being foamed plastic like the part under the door windows or the dashboard but had racetex (which I liked). You can spot it easily when there's no seam and in my opinion it did not do justice to the overall quality of the interieur. Maybe someone has pictures of that?

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I love my all leather interior, it is supple and looks really good
Fair enough, different strokes for different folks. I won't judge.
Sponsored