gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Thx will load asap - and agreed re SoH measure - I also mention it as based on usable battery in my original first post.
Played with some numbers after the post. Range currently calculates 270 miles if charged to 100%. 86.7 kWh @ 95% = 82.4 kWh usable. Life time consumption is 3.25 miles per kWh so a theoretical 271 miles of range. Again a rounding difference. More support for 86.7 kWh being used to calculate SoH or just random math since my recent driving is pretty close to my lifetime average?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Played with some numbers after the post. Range currently calculates 270 miles if charged to 100%. 86.7 kWh @ 95% = 82.4 kWh usable. Life time consumption is 3.25 miles per kWh so a theoretical 271 miles of range. Again a rounding difference. More support for 86.7 kWh being used to calculate SoH or just random math since my recent driving is pretty close to my lifetime average?
Yep there is no discussion/argument ongoing re it representing the usable portion of the battery but interesting calculation :)

Can you provide your mileage as of last SoH reading - didn't see that in your post and key to adding to cart - thx!

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Hatten
@f1eng

Your inputs added and posted - but will do a big cleanup of the charts to be a bit more legible and useful this week.

Reactions: Dee

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Yep there is no discussion/argument ongoing re it representing the usable portion of the battery but interesting calculation :)

Can you provide your mileage as of last SoH reading - didn't see that in your post and key to adding to cart - thx!
So I completely screwed up the 1. 2. 3. .. in your data request list. Thought I had paid attention but thought wrong. Mileage is 3,795 miles.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I completely screwed up the 1. 2. 3. .. in your data request list. Thought I had paid attention but thought wrong. Mileage is 3,795 miles.
:) No worries - thx for sharing! Will update today.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did a first pass clean-up of the primary Soh chart (see as usual post #1) to make it more legible but will also follow up with some variations focusing on specific trends. Final name change to climate zones makes more sense to me at least :)!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Here is another update from my car. We just did a long road trip to UK and Sweden.

47438 km
89.41 % SoH. (seems to settle in at that level?)

The last 9000 km have to 95% been Ionity HPC charging. Only a few overnight hotel stays.

Overall my consumption has settled at 22.5 kWh/100 km. And there has been a mix of very high speed autobahn driving up to 220 km/h. Shott stints but fast accelerations.

I have also estimated the overall charging as close to 65-70% DC HPC charging since I mainly use my Taycan for long trips.

A mix of battery saving settings depending on time available, but many full power charges as well.

I will drive to a 3-5% battery level and charge to 100% over the next weeks and will see if it changes the SoH?

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is another update from my car. We just did a long road trip to UK and Sweden.

47438 km

The last 9000 km have to 95% been Ionity HPC charging. Only a few overnight hotel stays.

Overall my consumption has settled at 22.5 kWh/100 km. And there has been a mix of very high speed autobahn driving up to 220 km/h. Shott stints but fast accelerations.

I have also estimated the overall charging as close to 65-70% DC HPC charging since I mainly use my Taycan for long trips.

A mix of battery saving settings depending on time available, but many full power charges as well.

I will drive to a 3-5% battery level and charge to 100% over the next weeks and will see if it changes the SoH?
Excellent data - thx - it is indeed curious given your specific use case that such a high DC charging % does not appear to have a particularly bad impact on SoH I.e. as you ref., most other longer term data (other brands) support an initial ca. 10% drop in SoH with very small decline rates after this which your car is showing +/- 1%. Will update chart later this AM.
Do wonder too if a bias towards longer trips with sustained battery draw vs dominantly short runs might be better for battery cell ‘health’ but just speculation - I’m sure there is data on that out there.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

47438 km
Hey Peter - your latest data added to the chart in post #1 - - wanted to be sure the entries are correct but here is what I have from you (I could also read back through the threads but being lazy!) - not a lot of cars from the 'Warm' climate zone but there is quite some scatter in this field compared to others.

You car in particular for whatever reason in itself has rather variable SoH over time i.e. not the most linear drawdown! :) - but also in line with some other reports of SoH being +/- 1% from different measurements through the year - can you confirm these readings in case I entered one incorrectly? Thx!

Miles, Kms, calc val., SoH:
Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 8.49.37 AM

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
@ciaranob are the connected dot supposed to represent data points from the same vehicle? If so you need to connect my 2 dots. Mine are the red ones labeled 99.2 and 96.8.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@ciaranob are the connected dot supposed to represent data points from the same vehicle? If so you need to connect my 2 dots. Mine are the red ones labeled 99.2 and 96.8.
Yes they are as stated in the chart :)

Good catch - corrected in Post #1 - Thx.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hey Peter - your latest data added to the chart in post #1 - - wanted to be sure the entries are correct but here is what I have from you (I could also read back through the threads but being lazy!) - not a lot of cars from the 'Warm' climate zone but there is quite some scatter in this field compared to others.

You car in particular for whatever reason in itself has rather variable SoH over time i.e. not the most linear drawdown! :) - but also in line with some other reports of SoH being +/- 1% from different measurements through the year - can you confirm these readings in case I entered one incorrectly? Thx!

Miles, Kms, calc val., SoH:
Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 8.49.37 AM.png
These are the values that I have read with my CarScanner yes! I agree it is interesting to see how they have gone up and down over time. I had also expected a more even curve. No idea how accurate the app is at reading the SoH, but guess it is the same for all and reported by the BMS.

Just to point out that the second entry At 37385 km was done after driving the car down to a low %age SoC and charging to 100% with AC at 11 kW. Have heard something about calibrating the BMS that way, but no idea if that is correct. I will do the same now again though and check.

I do not know what your third row values are though.

You have classified my car as in warm climate, but to be honest the majority of the miles have been done in cool climate. Northern France, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark and Sweden. Winter time in Warm so far!

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
These are the values that I have read with my CarScanner yes! I agree it is interesting to see how they have gone up and down over time. I had also expected a more even curve. No idea how accurate the app is at reading the SoH, but guess it is the same for all and reported by the BMS.

Just to point out that the second entry At 37385 km was done after driving the car down to a low %age SoC and charging to 100% with AC at 11 kW. Have heard something about calibrating the BMS that way, but no idea if that is correct. I will do the same now again though and check.

I do not know what your third row values are though.

You have classified my car as in warm climate, but to be honest the majority of the miles have been done in cool climate. Northern France, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark and Sweden. Winter time in Warm so far!
I suspect there are indeed some (quite complex) variables at play when the reader takes a reading - (@rs38 ) touched on this in the thread too - but again, as you say, this is true for al the other car's readings. That said, your data do follow the calc. logarithmic curve for Warm climates despite your use mostly in points north :) - not enough cars from this zone as yet to be overly confident in the stats. though.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Guys, 21.571 km, HP+ got the car with 16k km, AC 11kWh at home charging, had a couple of Ionity DC up to 80% in winter. Seems pretty ok no?

Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance IMG_0345

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Guys, 21.571 km, HP+ got the car with 16k km, AC 11kWh at home charging, had a couple of Ionity DC up to 80% in winter. Seems pretty ok no?

IMG_0345.png
Thx for sharing - will add later today but yes perfectly fine being essentially in the middle of the pack re SoH for the Cool weather climate zone.