Battery capacity dropped/reduced Update!

Taycanbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan,991 GTS Targa and 993s
Country flag
I had the same isssue. I was told, and it finally helped after a few charging sessions, to go below 20% Soc, charge to 100%, and close my car with the key. This puts the system in a kind sleep modus and allows the battery software to execute balacing between the different battery cells. I got nearly 100km back in 3-4 charging sessions. It was strange, but worked.
Sponsored

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I went through the same process and demanded a full breakdown of the options the car had installed as it is impossible to tell. This confirmed I had the P+ battery. There should be a VIN tool which expands out the options but the UK one doesn’t work for Taycans...predictably.

5C - 220+ miles is what I get (consistently). AC is a killer if set to around 23C - miles disappear in a few minutes. I’ve overcome the range anxiety now and actually quite comfortable with it all.

Dealer also confirmed that they hadn’t seen any car with P+ go much beyond 220 / 230 depending on temp (so < 10C on average).
Last summer I was regularly getting 270-290 miles from my 4S Performance Battery Plus.

OP
OP
MarcS

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (19.11.20!), 350GLE
Country flag
I went through the same process and demanded a full breakdown of the options the car had installed as it is impossible to tell. This confirmed I had the P+ battery. There should be a VIN tool which expands out the options but the UK one doesn’t work for Taycans...predictably.

5C - 220+ miles is what I get (consistently). AC is a killer if set to around 23C - miles disappear in a few minutes. I’ve overcome the range anxiety now and actually quite comfortable with it all.

Dealer also confirmed that they hadn’t seen any car with P+ go much beyond 220 / 230 depending on temp (so < 10C on average).
The picture is from my friend in Germany with a 4S and P+ battery. It’s a 282mile range! yes it was summer, I had 250 miles in December.
Porsche Taycan Battery capacity dropped/reduced Update! 13138CD0-4227-4907-8D50-850A3501C390

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The picture is from my friend in Germany with a 4S and P+ battery. It’s a 282mile range! yes it was summer, I had 250 miles in December.
13138CD0-4227-4907-8D50-850A3501C390.png
Can you post a similar picture of your data? That way we can see the consumption figure and usual distances you are travelling. If they are normal then you probably do have a battery problem.

OP
OP
MarcS

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you post a similar picture of your data? That way we can see the consumption figure and usual distances you are travelling. If they are normal then you probably do have a battery problem.
I wish I had done pictures from the good times when I had the range. I thought that was normal. I just started to take pictures when it went wrong?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have had a false positive of 300 miles (once) and never re-appeared - self rectifying software glitch in my case.

In summary, huge disparities in range potential for whatever reason(s).

putty_thing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e39 M5
Country flag
The battery in my car lost approximately half the capacity, I tested it by charging from almost flat and recording the number of kW that went in as you have.

If it's not taking sufficient charge then get the dealer to check it out - my battery was replaced.

OP
OP
MarcS

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The battery in my car lost approximately half the capacity, I tested it by charging from almost flat and recording the number of kW that went in as you have.

If it's not taking sufficient charge then get the dealer to check it out - my battery was replaced.
Thanks for this.
I asked them now to confirm that a P+ battery really is installed as ordered (you never know).
What is your range now with a new battery and how long did they need your car for this?

Last edited:

putty_thing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e39 M5
Country flag
Thanks for this.
I asked them now to confirm that a P+ battery really is installed as ordered (you never know).
What is your range now with a new battery and how long did they need your car for this?
I'm showing about 218 miles from a full charge in current conditions, but I've only been doing short trips so that's probably hurting the economy.

You probably don't want to know the answer to the second one - the car was with the OPC over 70 days.

OP
OP
MarcS

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm showing about 218 miles from a full charge in current conditions, but I've only been doing short trips so that's probably hurting the economy.

You probably don't want to know the answer to the second one - the car was with the OPC over 70 days.
Wow, that's a long time! As I had to go through Porsche UK (my Dealer had no Courtesy car until 11th April!!!) They gave me only a Volvo V90. But from the 11th I should get a car from my Dealer if they can't sort this before then. Let's see.

Colin the Best

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
Just my “2 cents” for discussion....today, driving to my office, turned the a/c to eco only...and magically appears many kilometers...a flash from garage before turning off...it’s about 83 miles with 34% Soc...

Porsche Taycan Battery capacity dropped/reduced Update! D35380E7-6B57-4FFC-934B-2D946DE915AE

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have had the car for a week. I am at 80% sport plus and a lot of flooring the pedal. At 54% it was showing 128 miles today. Taycan 4S P+.

OP
OP
MarcS

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have had the car for a week. I am at 80% sport plus and a lot of flooring the pedal. At 54% it was showing 128 miles today. Taycan 4S P+.
Yes, that’s how it should be. The 4S with a P+ Battery should have at least around 250 miles range. And for me its important that the car can calculate quickly between „having fun“ drives and „I am on a long trip“ drive when I am on the Motorway cruising with 70. I need the assurance that i can trust the car if I go on a long trip that I will get 250 miles+.
Sponsored