Battery decline when parked

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I don't find mine drops either.

In this situation, with the car "out of your possession", hard to know for sure what's going on. Lots of variables.
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I don't find mine drops either.

In this situation, with the car "out of your possession", hard to know for sure what's going on. Lots of variables.
I saw mine drop around 1-2% a day when at the detailers getting PPF. I figured it was doors opening preheat/precool, lights and other things the does "intelligently".

Some places will put the key on the windshield, could something like that stop the car sleeping?

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Just to add, if pre-heat / cool is disabled, my battery SOC remains fixed. I left the battery at 80% SOC for two weeks without any drop.
02bluesuperroo
Just to repeat, mine is disabled and the car is not being accessed at all whilst sitting at the shop (multiple remote checks each day show locked and parked) - the fender arches were removed Day 1 and are being sanded/prepped for paint away from the car so again, I am fairly certain that this is not the reason for the battery drop .

Earlier posts with suggestions relating to arrival batt temp and subsequent very cold (or big heat drop) nights are likely the cause. My SoC seems to have flattened out today i.e. no move lower than 47% which likely supports this further.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Sorry to bring this back, is it normal now to see a battery drain in consistent temperatures? I just got the ana6 update and my battery drain is now a consistent 1percent every 2 - 3 days. Before the update, I could leave it for a week+ without any drain.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sorry to bring this back, is it normal now to see a battery drain in consistent temperatures? I just got the ana6 update and my battery drain is now a consistent 1percent every 2 - 3 days. Before the update, I could leave it for a week+ without any drain.
The most important question here is... Is your 12v fully charged?

Because if now there's an update that ensures the 12V battery is fully charged, I don't mind 1% main battery every 2-3 days to be totally honest.

Rather get back to a working car and less SOC then a fully charged brick.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Mine’s been in the dealer waiting for a heater (now fixed) for 3 weeks. It lost 1% in that time.
Sponsored