tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
So does anyone actually know if it is just being removed as an option on cars where it is not standard or if it is also being removed from those where it is standard spec? How much of a hit would you take selling a Turbo or Turbo S in 3 years with the basic sound system When Bose is supposed to be standard?
I know for sure that my Turbo S that is being built in two-ish weeks time will have the BOSE in the build as per the standard spec.
Sponsored

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My guess is they pulled the Bose from configurations that either are not past freeze date or either in production.

this way they can save them for the Turbo S configs where Bose is standard.

If the shortage continues they will also use those from configs past freeze date but not in production yet.

paulbroere

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.paulbroere.com
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo, BMW Z4M Roadster
Country flag
I have my Taycan Sport Turismo (RDW) on order since May 28, but it was an existing order which was closing in on it's freeze-date.
It was meant to be delivered end of August, than end of september.

I just spoke to my Sales guy yesterday. He said it should come out of the factory October 10. I specifically asked him about BOSE. Called me back 15 minutes later after doing some research and told me my car will definitely have the ordered BOSE..

(I don't mind the delays, although I'm not very patient, but no BOSE would be a very big dissappointment. I'm reassured now and hope/assume he must be right.

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I have my Taycan Sport Turismo (RDW) on order since May 28, but it was an existing order which was closing in on it's freeze-date.
It was meant to be delivered end of August, than end of september.

I just spoke to my Sales guy yesterday. He said it should come out of the factory October 10. I specifically asked him about BOSE. Called me back 15 minutes later after doing some research and told me my car will definitely have the ordered BOSE..

(I don't mind the delays, although I'm not very patient, but no BOSE would be a very big dissappointment. I'm reassured now and hope/assume he must be right.
Hope yours has the 12V..

Taycan2023y

First Name
Sandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I am in Australia and this is the message I have received from the dealership.

Porsche and they unfortunately are no longer able to supply the Bose / Burmester sound system as an option on any of their models moving forward. This is due to a supply issue with some of the components.

if I do not go ahead, I may have to wait till 2024. My car enters production end of November.

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am in Australia and this is the message I have received from the dealership.

Porsche and they unfortunately are no longer able to supply the Bose / Burmester sound system as an option on any of their models moving forward. This is due to a supply issue with some of the components.

if I do not go ahead, I may have to wait till 2024. My car enters production end of November.
so no Bose and Burmester. This is laughable to have people stuck with that base audio lol

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Porsche and they unfortunately are no longer able to supply the Bose / Burmester sound system as an option on any of their models moving forward.
I wonder if this means that it will still be there when Bose is standard but not available to choose as an option, or whether it means they can’t get it for anyone?
And what price reduction or compensation will be on offer for Turbo/Turbo S customers if it is removed from their build as I suspect most would be unhappy with £1000

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I wonder if this means that it will still be there when Bose is standard but not available to choose as an option, or whether it means they can’t get it for anyone?
And what price reduction or compensation will be on offer for Turbo/Turbo S customers if it is removed from their build as I suspect most would be unhappy with £1000
Hmmm. Need to check with dealer this week if my Turbo due to be built in 2 weeks will have Bose fitted…or not.

paulbroere

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.paulbroere.com
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo, BMW Z4M Roadster
Country flag
I assume (but am not sure), the BOSE delete/stop sale only applies to new orders.

FWIW: I just checked the Porsche Configurator (in the Netherlands), but it still shows BOSE and Burmester, even for a Taycan RDW

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
My CT 4S was locked in on Sep 17th and was supposed to be being built now but when I rang for an update Saturday my car was unlocked and now isn't locked for another week or so with an estimated build in two weeks time.

I didn't ask about Bose specifically but did ask if there was a reason for the delay and if my build was still all available and he said that he can't see any issues and all should be fine. I have Bose spec'd so I'm just hoping my car turns up with it.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
My CT 4S was locked in on Sep 17th and was supposed to be being built now but when I rang for an update Saturday my car was unlocked and now isn't locked for another week or so with an estimated build in two weeks time.

I didn't ask about Bose specifically but did ask if there was a reason for the delay and if my build was still all available and he said that he can't see any issues and all should be fine. I have Bose spec'd so I'm just hoping my car turns up with it.
Mine had a planned V250 lock date of 9 September and expected date of 16 September. That was from a build schedule I received back in early August.

I need to check again really as it’s getting very close to the supposed production date.
Sponsored