BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
It kind of feels wrong that the manufacturer want to charge you for stuff that's already in the car, just needs activating with a software download or whatever. I know it's kind of standard practice, especially with Porsche, to dumb some things down (eg de-tune an engine) to create a product hierarchy - but even so, it does seem unfriendly to give you a car that they know could be better with a click of a magic switch. Think i'd probably avoid this stuff on principal. Unless it was something i really wanted!
Maybe i'm just being old fashioned thinking that i should only have to pay for hardware upgrades, not software.

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got the email yesterday to tell me Function on Demand is live for MY22 - hurrah!

So I have just added Innodrive and active steering. Let’s see if they’re any good or a total waste of cash ?
Added LKA last week before a 600 mile Road trip, it works reasonably well on the highway, In Los Angeles I'd never use it on city roads. The one benefit is it reduced road fatigue, there were times on older roads it didn't quite recognize both lines, but it would use the one it did to keep things straight. You still have to be somewhat vigilant, but definitely made the ride less taxing. I did not use or have Innodrive.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Is FOD available for 2022 taycan's in Belgium ?
I think it is. The message saying FOD isn’t available for model 2022 in the Belgian app isn’t there anymore. Don’t have my car yet so can’t test.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
IBM invented the model decades ago on their mini / mainframe computers and proved lucrative.

Deleted member 6348

Any word on FOD going live for MY22 in the United States?

V10tdi

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 991.2,discovery sport, defender 90 300tdi
Country flag
I got the email yesterday to tell me Function on Demand is live for MY22 - hurrah!

So I have just added Innodrive and active steering. Let’s see if they’re any good or a total waste of cash ?
hi

i switched my LKA of its horrible but I would be very interested to hear what you think on the active steering

OP
OP
MarkG_M5

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
Sorry not been here for a while @V10tdi

I agree the LKA is both annoying and borderline dangerous.
The active steering is however great; not 100% but does however take the strain on a cruise as it makes steering lighter and relaxing.

PID will go - I’m not a fan of the auto speed up and slow down which can be harsh and it seems to want to take me around roundabouts at 15mph! I can easily take those at 70mpg so what’s the issue ;)

Overall the £700 for active steering is fine so I’ll pay that when the trial expires.
Sponsored