Broken heater - there was an error during preheating / cooling

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
On Saturday I drove 7 hrs without heating, because the heater seems broken I had the Taycan charged at night and set on preheating about a half an hour before departure using the app. The temperature was around freezing point. When I was about to depart I got a message from the app telling there was an error during preheating/- cooling that I had to check the vehicle.
Porsche Taycan Broken heater - there was an error during preheating / cooling 1603286639615

The coupe was cold. So there has been no heating. However, the steering wheel and seat was warm. I turned on the heat on max and ECO off. Still no heat. It remained like this the whole trip, and it still doesn't work. I had to keep the fan on (blowing cold air from outside) due to prevent foggy windows It was not a pleasant trip, and I made three stops to warm my self. No frost bite though

I have asked for a service appointment, but has not yet got any. Has anyone experienced similar?
Sponsored

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
On Saturday I drove 7 hrs without heating, because the heater seems broken I had the Taycan charged at night and set on preheating about a half an hour before departure using the app. The temperature was around freezing point. When I was about to depart I got a message from the app telling there was an error during preheating/- cooling that I had to check the vehicle.
1603286639615.png

The coupe was cold. So there has been no heating. However, the steering wheel and seat was warm. I turned on the heat on max and ECO off. Still no heat. It remained like this the whole trip, and it still doesn't work. I had to keep the fan on (blowing cold air from outside) due to prevent foggy windows It was not a pleasant trip, and I made three stops to warm my self. No frost bite though

I have asked for a service appointment, but has not yet got any. Has anyone experienced similar?
Fall in Minnesota has been...odd. We went from unseasonably warm, gorgeous weather, to freezing temperatures and heavy snowfall (I got about 8 inches). Heating once I'm in the car is great. But when I want to pre-heat my car at somewhat random times (pre-doctor's visit, post-store visit, etc.), and now that it's actually freezing out, over the past 2 days I get this (which I think is back to the Connect/server failures not the car):
Porsche Taycan Broken heater - there was an error during preheating / cooling IMG_8656

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
(which I think is back to the Connect/server failures not the car):
Thanks @Dlurker20 for your input. I'm sure you're right regarding the cause of your experience. I have similar experience in the past. This, what I got now, is another issue.
Porsche Taycan Broken heater - there was an error during preheating / cooling IMG_2276
Porsche Taycan Broken heater - there was an error during preheating / cooling IMG_2277
Porsche Taycan Broken heater - there was an error during preheating / cooling IMG_2278
Porsche Taycan Broken heater - there was an error during preheating / cooling IMG_2279

As you can see above, it has started and it is reporting. However, no heat. I can stop the preheat with the app without getting the message posted in the first post, but I receive the message when I not stop the preheat with the app, but unlock and enter the car. In both situations, the car is not heated.

Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My heater went out last month... 3 days in the shop last week to replace it. Drove it home today. Still broken. New heater NFG. Annoying. Must be a design flaw.

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag
Fall in Minnesota has been...odd. We went from unseasonably warm, gorgeous weather, to freezing temperatures and heavy snowfall (I got about 8 inches). Heating once I'm in the car is great. But when I want to pre-heat my car at somewhat random times (pre-doctor's visit, post-store visit, etc.), and now that it's actually freezing out, over the past 2 days I get this (which I think is back to the Connect/server failures not the car):
IMG_8656.jpg
I had exact same issue. Took the car in. There are some faulty A/C valves that needed to be replaced. Even though it was an AC issue, the car would not preheat. Valves replaced and car is fine now. Apparently this is a known issue and there is a recall in these valves

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
1603286639615.png

I have just experienced the same problem today and waiting for Porsche assistance to collect the vehicle (Taycan Turbo S) so I can receive a hire car. I have spoken to my Porsche Centre and they have said there are a number of problems with the heating & servo motors. The spares are probably on back order!

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have just experienced the same problem today and waiting for Porsche assistance to collect the vehicle (Taycan Turbo S) so I can receive a hire car. I have spoken to my Porsche Centre and they have said there are a number of problems with the heating & servo motors. The spares are probably on back order!
I had this problem two yrs ago. Got it fixed and have not Experienced heating problem ever since😀

DexD

First Name
Declan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 93KW, Mk 2 VW GTi, Fiat X 1/9 Lido
Country flag
1603286639615.png

Had this recently, and mine has been diagnosed with a faulty servo- this prevents air from getting in, hence foggy windows. Workaround from dealer whilst waiting for the part is to activate air recirculation- this will heat/ clear windows. I open a window slightly too to let fresh air in.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
1603286639615.png

Call Porsche assistance. This is dangerous, you can’t drive like that. Let them collect the car. You wil get a replacement.

I had the same message yesterday. Fortunately my car was pre heated. Pre heated with the app again this afternoon and worked again. Heater works. Just hope this is not the first sign my heater is going again. And if it does I hope it happens soon.

Porsche Taycan Broken heater - there was an error during preheating / cooling IMG_0270

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Another Norwegian Taycan owner had his car fixed within two days this week. Apparently they had many heaters in stock.

Porsche Taycan Broken heater - there was an error during preheating / cooling IMG_0275

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The incident was 2 yrs ago. It got fixed days after I posted the message here October 2021, and have not had any problems with it since. However, there is a campaign going and I will have it swapped in mid December. Thanks, for your response :)
Sponsored