KConway

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RWD Taycan
Country flag
My car was delivered to my local dealer 2 weeks ago but was told it’s waiting on a “chip” for the Burmester. I find it hard to believe it’s waiting for a component but perhaps the whole amplifier?
Anyway, what is the typical wait time for an amplifier? My SA just blows me off with “I will call you immediately when we get it”. Should/could they get an ETA from Porsche or is that not possible?
How many out there are presently waiting on a Burmester amp and how long you been waiting?
Sponsored

Cv009900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I find it really hard to believe a car that was produced was sent to the dealer without a chip for the sound system. Why wouldn’t Porsche just keep it?

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I find it really hard to believe a car that was produced was sent to the dealer without a chip for the sound system. Why wouldn’t Porsche just keep it?
We just picked up a new GLS 450 w/ Burmester that was also held at the dealer for 2 weeks for missing chips. Not exclusive to Porsche, it seems.

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Current manufacturing processes are optimized to minimize inventory of parts and of completed vehicles. If the missing component is one that can be installed by the dealer in a relatively straightforward way, then sending the "incomplete" car to the dealer would avoid congestion at the factory and/or dockside storage in Emden, reworking of truck fleet manifests, rescheduling vessels, or having vessels depart on schedule but with underutilized capacity.

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My car was delivered to my local dealer 2 weeks ago but was told it’s waiting on a “chip” for the Burmester. I find it hard to believe it’s waiting for a component but perhaps the whole amplifier?
Anyway, what is the typical wait time for an amplifier? My SA just blows me off with “I will call you immediately when we get it”. Should/could they get an ETA from Porsche or is that not possible?
How many out there are presently waiting on a Burmester amp and how long you been waiting?
My GTS sedan was built 06/24 with a Burmester component missing, transported to and arrived at Emden 06/28, and is currently awaiting transatlantic transport to Houston. My SA informed me today they have received the missing component (he referred to it as "amp" and not "chip for amp") and will be installing it once it arrives at the dealership.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Simple because it backs up the whole factory assembly process to wait for a car to have a couple non essential components installed, nor do they have storage for all those 99% completed cars.

Mine was delivered without a couple minor components and they were retrofitted at the dealership later

Deleted member 7736

Hey all,

First post here. I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my '22 Turbo S. It arrived in Benicia a few weeks ago and, like many other cars, has been held waiting for the Burmester amp. The latest update from my dealer was that the part was expected last week and should be being installed soon. Fingers crossed!

As an aside, we opted to go for a 3 year lease on the car. We were chatting as we were signing the paperwork, and the sales rep said that we should place our order for the replacement car in the next 6 months or so, as current wait time is now up to 2+ years. :oops:

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Hey all,

First post here. I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my '22 Turbo S. It arrived in Benicia a few weeks ago and, like many other cars, has been held waiting for the Burmester amp. The latest update from my dealer was that the part was expected last week and should be being installed soon. Fingers crossed!

As an aside, we opted to go for a 3 year lease on the car. We were chatting as we were signing the paperwork, and the sales rep said that we should place our order for the replacement car in the next 6 months or so, as current wait time is now up to 2+ years. :oops:
Porsche sales in the US fell off a cliff in Q1 and based on where the (world) economy is going, I don't see that trend reversing, and nor does Porsche based on comments they released to the markets.

Your rep is simply trying to maintain demand. Sales psychology 101.

Deleted member 7736

Latest update from my dealer is that the Burmester amp has been received and installed, and the car will be at the dealership tomorrow. It still needs the software update and will also get ceramic coated so will be ready for delivery some time next week.

OP
OP

KConway

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RWD Taycan
Country flag
Latest update from my dealer is that the Burmester amp has been received and installed, and the car will be at the dealership tomorrow. It still needs the software update and will also get ceramic coated so will be ready for delivery some time next week.
When did your dealer receive your car and/or how long did it take to get the amp?

Deleted member 7736

When did your dealer receive your car and/or how long did it take to get the amp?
The car arrived at the port of Benicia on 6/27. From what I understand, the amp was received within the last day or so, and the car will be brought to the dealership tomorrow. It's not clear to me whether the amp will be installed at the dealership after it arrives there tomorrow, or whether the amp will be installed in Benicia prior to being brought to the dealership, but either way it sounds like I will have car + amp at dealership tomorrow. I will go by on Saturday to have my first look at it.

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
Happy for you... killing me that my car still in Emden since 4/12 and others are getting the amp ahead of me.

Deleted member 7736

Sorry to hear that. From what I understand, (and from what others have reported here) cars aren't being held at the factory or at Emden port simply for the Burmester amp shortage. Mine was briefly held at Emden for some other shortage before being put on the ship. Whatever it is that's holding yours up, I hope it gets resolved soon.
Sponsored