Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Those stickers are simply grotesque. I've had a Tesla now for 5 years and I couldn't bring myself to apply them to the bumper and I sure as hell won't apply to my Taycan when I take delivery and ruin the beauty of the Taycan's design with hideous graffiti.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I submitted my application in January shortly after the new year - DMV still hasn’t cashed the $22 check - this is common and it has always taken a month or longer to get them - although with the pandemic I’m sure new record delay’s will be achieved…

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I submitted my application in January shortly after the new year - DMV still hasn’t cashed the $22 check - this is common and it has always taken a month or longer to get them - although with the pandemic I’m sure new record delay’s will be achieved…
Same here. No movement from DMV. Back when I did this at the beginning of 2020 for my wife's e-Golf it took about 3 weeks to get the stickers. Clearly something is backed up.

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same here. I submitted my application in December.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Likely a crapload of people were waiting for Jan to submit paperwork and now we're all stuck in the queue :p

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I drove in HOV lane in CA from 2013 to 2018 without ever putting the decals on my car (I had a Nissan Leaf, Honda Fit EV, VW Golf EV, Fiat 500 EV and Audi A3 Etron). Not once was I ever stopped or even looked at with question.

If push did come to shove I was going to put paint protection film on the car and the decal over that. The decals are nearly impossible to remove once baked on by the sun.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I drove in HOV lane in CA from 2013 to 2018 without ever putting the decals on my car (I had a Nissan Leaf, Honda Fit EV, VW Golf EV, Fiat 500 EV and Audi A3 Etron). Not once was I ever stopped or even looked at with question.

If push did come to shove I was going to put paint protection film on the car and the decal over that. The decals are nearly impossible to remove once baked on by the sun.
Earlier in this thread I shared a link to a product sold on Amazon which is basically PPF designed to be put underneath the CAV stickers so that they can be safely removed later. I would never apply the stickers directly to the car's paint, or even to the 'real' PPF.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
In Hawaii, we get a EV license plate. It even comes with special registration that calculated then roadway taxes for the car based on annual miles driven and not at the gas pump.

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My application check was cached yesterday so my application was finally proceesed. I hope to receive the stickers in next two 1-2 weeks.
I applied last week of December 2020.

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
oh oh oh oh oh this is good news - my application only went in a couple of weeks later than @chrisk ’s - so there is hope - historically once my check was cashed it was way less than 2 weeks, but that was pre-pandemic so who knows.

thanks for the update @chrisk !!! much appreciated.

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
historically once my check was cashed it was way less than 2 weeks, but that was pre-pandemic so who knows.
If I am lucky enough I will show off the ugly blue stickers stuck on the bumpers during our meetup next Saturday :)

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My stickers arrived today, almost 3 months after I mailed the application and 9 days after the check was cashed.
I put them on using the protective films. I tried to position them in the least visible spots describedin the instructions. I hope the highway patrol will still be able to see them..

Overall it looks better than I expected. If you have a dark exterior the blue stickers should be even less noticeable. I am happy they are not orange or red like the years before.

Porsche Taycan California Carpool stickers 20210320_215212

Porsche Taycan California Carpool stickers 20210320_220350

Porsche Taycan California Carpool stickers 20210320_215239

Porsche Taycan California Carpool stickers 20210320_221603

Last edited:

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
By the time I actually get my stickers, all the lanes will be converted to express lanes and I won't be able to actually use them :p
Sponsored