Can't decide on a colour for your Taycan?

OP
OP
mutanthands

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
So the primary purpose of Porsche Taycan marketing is to sell Taycan's to potential buyers and perhaps convince existing owners to upgrade.
While this is the overarching goal of marketing, it's quite a simplistic take.
There are many different subgroups which they target with marketing.
These "art" cars, and more art lead videos, are trying to appeal to a younger generation.
Trying to shred the old man car image, and bring in a fresh new group of potential customers.
Do these campaigns achieve that? Well, that's subjective, and I'm not sure if I am the right demographic, but I like the experimentation.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
While this is the overarching goal of marketing, it's quite a simplistic take.
There are many different subgroups which they target with marketing.
These "art" cars, and more art lead videos, are trying to appeal to a younger generation.
Trying to shred the old man car image, and bring in a fresh new group of potential customers.
Do these campaigns achieve that? Well, that's subjective, and I'm not sure if I am the right demographic, but I like the experimentation.
The artist in question designs sneakers. Sneaker/trainer designers are among the hottest designers for the younger generation - in fact they’re probably among the most admired persons period. Being that this is at SXSW, a tech and music “influencer” type place if ever there was one, this is intended to make Porsche seem cool. And based on the looks I got driving around Austin this week, it seems to be working (because lord knows I’m not cool - they would do well to pay me not to drive the car around SXSW!)

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
I kinda like it, not to the point that I'd drive it around but as an interesting design concept it has it's charm. The colours are very on trend for 2021/2022.
Sponsored